Jump to content
DrDawkinstein

Sammy Watkins: New Teams, Same Bad Attitude

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Billl said:

Players who suck and have bad attitudes:

Stephon Gilmore

Shady McCoy

Sammy Watkins

Marshawn Lynch

 

Players who are awesome and have great attitudes despite what the results in high school, junior college, college, and the NFL say because his coaches and teammates always hold him back so it’s totally not his fault:

Josh Allen

 

Player who really isn’t that good and only looks good because his receivers make him look good:

Pat Mahomes

 

Player who simultaneously the Bills would never want because he only looks good because he has a great QB throwing him dimes but also makes his mediocre QB look good by being a weapon that Josh Allen doesn’t have thus giving his mediocre QB an unfair advantage:

Sammy Watkins again

I wish I could understand any of this.  Try taking a few deep breaths before posting next time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like anyone drafted by the Bills I want to see them succeed as a Bill.  When they dumped him for nothing it was an indication to me that the Bills were not going all in.  As a Bill, while not to that point living to expectations, there was plenty of upside & all this about attitude is dung.  How about looking at Diggs in a playoff game that they're winning & talk about that?

 

As a Bill, if they targeted him like a #1 10X's/game, I'm sure the results would have been vastly different.

 

The thread though is from another disgruntled poster, who lays all the blame on Whaley and the prior staff and their .500 record 2014-16 & trumpets the McD era & their 25-25 record (and wildcard appearances at 9-7 & 10-6).....  

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Only posting this since some folks have mentioned him as a potential FA WR target, and said he's grown and matured since his last run with the Bills.

 

This tells me differently.

 

 

 

 

I like that that the $8 million guy told the $16 million guy to straighten out.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Like anyone drafted by the Bills I want to see them succeed as a Bill.  When they dumped him for nothing it was an indication to me that the Bills were not going all in.  As a Bill, while not to that point living to expectations, there was plenty of upside & all this about attitude is dung.  How about looking at Diggs in a playoff game that they're winning & talk about that?

 

As a Bill, if they targeted him like a #1 10X's/game, I'm sure the results would have been vastly different.

 

The thread though is from another disgruntled poster, who lays all the blame on Whaley and the prior staff and their .500 record 2014-16 & trumpets the McD era & their 25-25 record (and wildcard appearances at 9-7 & 10-6).....  

the mcd era has had two winning seasons and two playoff appearances.  people keep pushing the .500 record like the two teams were similar, but we all know they weren't.  people aren't happy with this staff?

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, teef said:

the mcd era has had two winning seasons and two playoff appearances.  people keep pushing the .500 record like the two teams were similar, but we all know they weren't.  people aren't happy with this staff?

 

 

I love this staff, but I would like to see something more and I don't know if we are going to see it:

 

 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Only posting this since some folks have mentioned him as a potential FA WR target, and said he's grown and matured since his last run with the Bills.

 

This tells me differently.

 

 

 

Nothing but a punk, diva who's never had anything but potential.  I was very happy the day he left.

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

 

The thread though is from another disgruntled poster, who lays all the blame on Whaley and the prior staff and their .500 record 2014-16 & trumpets the McD era & their 25-25 record (and wildcard appearances at 9-7 & 10-6).....  

 

 

LOL, you're talking to one of the biggest Whaley supporters this site ever saw. You dont know me!

 

 

22 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

 

 

I like that that the $8 million guy told the $16 million guy to straighten out.  

 

That's really what I was getting at. I expect more from players who are paid top dollar.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

 

 

I love this staff, but I would like to see something more and I don't know if we are going to see it:

 

 

and that's very fair.  i just don't get the anger towards them at this point.  they need to do better, but this team is where it should be right now.  if there's not continued improvement into next season, then there's a problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I don't understand why Sammy Watkins is paid like he is.

 

Oh oh I know...

s-l1000.jpg

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really?  This tweet is proof of bad attitude?  I guess some people only see what they wanna see.  

  • Thanks! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Just in Atlanta said:

It's depressing being a Flat-Earther.

 

I don't know about that it takes me far less time to dig to China for vacation.

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this whole thread and topic proves to my beyond a doubt we have way too many sports reporters(especially with advent of sports news on internet) trying to ek out a living resulting in this minutia non-story stuff seeing the light of day.

 

I mean, really, he was down? he slouched!! For ***** sake they were losing 24 - 0 barley into the 2nd quarter. Cut the guy a little slack. Emotion is human.

Edited by cba fan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could you imagine the lunacy around here if OBJ or Landry played for the Bills?

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, teef said:

and that's very fair.  i just don't get the anger towards them at this point.  they need to do better, but this team is where it should be right now.  if there's not continued improvement into next season, then there's a problem.

 

 

Oh, I am not angry, teef.  Forgive me for just popping in late to the party.  I haven't been paying attention to the back and forth.

 

I was bothered by the way they lost, because if they were going to lose I imagined it would be that way and I probably won't be over the loss fro awhile and the wasted opportunity, but I am on board with this administration.

 

...I just want this administration..plus something.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, BigBillsFan said:

 

I don't know about that it takes me far less time to dig to China for vacation.

no it would take you a lot more time as you would have to burrow horizontally. I think.

 

these flat-earthers don't always think through all the different ramifications their theory implies. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Gugny said:

 

Nothing but a punk, diva who's never had anything but potential.  I was very happy the day he left.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but you should read more of the thread to get better context. This is kinda fake news. 

23 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Really?  This tweet is proof of bad attitude?  I guess some people only see what they wanna see.  

It's not even accurate given the larger context of his postgame comments. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

assuming we could have built our exact team otherwise the same way, but kept gilmore and watkins (two top ten draft picks recently!!) we'd have smoked houston and i think woulda beat KC.

 

i think we are really close TBH.  cooper and a passrusher would put us over the top.  i can't wait for free agency, the draft, and then opening day.  hate this part of the year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watkins, though.  Yes, I was gobsmacked when he got drafted with that crazy trade of picks.  And yes, I was surprised that they tried to bolster the raw potential of EJ Manuel (that was sarcasm) by drafting Watkins.

 

Still, people have to let this go.  Different ownership.  Different FO and coaching regime.  Beane hasn't been lights out on the O side of the ball, but most certainly he didn't Whaley his FA or draft choices.  It's been probably 30 years since this organization did anything rational, and the past couple of years has shown that they are willing to part with dead weight.  While I'm glad that Watkins is gone, I think of his non existence here in the same light as Mahomes not having been the pick in 2017.  Time to move on.

 

Groin OUT!

Edited by Groin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

 

 

Oh, I am not angry, teef.  Forgive me for just popping in late to the party.  I haven't been paying attention to the back and forth.

 

I was bothered by the way they lost, because if they were going to lose I imagined it would be that way and I probably won't be over the loss fro awhile and the wasted opportunity, but I am on board with this administration.

 

...I just want this administration..plus something.

 

 

i wasn't pointing out you or anything!  i agree with that loss.  that was the first loss in a very long time that bothered me.  it was just too billsy was of losing a game.  

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but you should read more of the thread to get better context. This is kinda fake news. 

It's not even accurate given the larger context of his postgame comments. 

 

Its the offseason. We'll have worse threads. 😎 😄

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, colin said:

assuming we could have built our exact team otherwise the same way, but kept gilmore and watkins (two top ten draft picks recently!!) we'd have smoked houston and i think woulda beat KC.

 

i think we are really close TBH.  cooper and a passrusher would put us over the top.  i can't wait for free agency, the draft, and then opening day.  hate this part of the year.

Actually the Bills may have been 13-3 & gotten a bye & home field advantage......  Got to dream big!!!!!😉

 

1 hour ago, Groin said:

Watkins, though.  Yes, I was gobsmacked when he got drafted with that crazy trade of picks.  And yes, I was surprised that they tried to bolster the raw potential of EJ Manuel (that was sarcasm) by drafting Watkins.

 

Still, people have to let this go.  Different ownership.  Different FO and coaching regime.  Beane hasn't been lights out on the O side of the ball, but most certainly he didn't Whaley his FA or draft choices.  It's been probably 30 years since this organization did anything rational, and the past couple of years has shown that they are willing to part with dead weight.  While I'm glad that Watkins is gone, I think of his non existence here in the same light as Mahomes not having been the pick in 2017.  Time to move on.

 

Groin OUT!

Get over the trade & where he was picked.  He was productive as a Bill (1000 yard Season) & under contract.  He certainly was better then Gaines who we traded him for (& injured btw) or Matthews who the Bills replaced Watkins with????

 

 http://www.nfl.com/player/jordanmatthews/2543500/careerstats

 

Boy that was a trade!!!!

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Actually the Bills may have been 13-3 & gotten a bye & home field advantage......  Got to dream big!!!!!😉

 

Get over the trade & where he was picked.  He was productive as a Bill (1000 yard Season) & under contract.  He certainly was better then Gaines who we traded him for (& injured btw) or Matthews who the Bills replaced Watkins with????

 

 http://www.nfl.com/player/jordanmatthews/2543500/careerstats

 

Boy that was a trade!!!!

Watkins had his moments, but when you look at the value of the pick, in particular given his injury history, and given what he disclosed about his effort here during an interview when he was with LAR, a change needed to be made.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Just in Atlanta said:

It's depressing being a Flat-Earther.

It also affects his production. Any go route could be your last.

 

It would make anyone a bit tentative. I can remember him getting tackled before reaching the endzone for no other reason than he was getting a little nervous, he had been running for a while at that point. He couldn't be sure that he was looking at the goal line, it could the edge of the world. Why risk it?

 

Edited by without a drought

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Gambit said:

Sir please don't feed the troll. And if by some insane chance they aren't a troll, then they're just stupid. Either way it's a waste.

Cannot it be both? 

 

81ATz7AxZVL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...