Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
McBean

Who’s the one FA you want in 2020?

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

I was prepared for this- I am not comparing them, just pointing out that no one knew Favre would go on to have the career he had. Mariota has a nice tool set but hit a rough patch. I don’t know if he is able to salvage his career or not but it is a possibility. When posters on this board use derogatory statements like “laughable” it adds no value. I try hard to not disrespect people on here. Guys like Rich Gannon and Kurt Warner blossomed late. 

 

 Ron Wolfe thought he was the best player in the 1991 draft and traded the 19th pick in the 1992 draft even though Favre drafted in the 2nd round just one year prior and flunked the physical due to a hip injury from a car wreck. Wolfe waived the contingency for a physical because the team doctor wouldn't pass him. Based on that information, I'm pretty sure Wolfe knew Favre was special.

 

And stop with the it's derogatory to say their situations are anything close to the same is laughable, it's not.

 

For every Gannon & Warner there's hundreds that don't blossom late and see their careers run short. Mariota has been going backwards for 3 straight years, chances are he doesn't ever return to the numbers he had in his 2nd year.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

1A. Jordan Phillips

1B. Shaq Lawson

I actually don't want Jordan Phillips back that much. At least not at his price. We've got Phillips coming back. I'de rather invest on the edge. If you take Phillips + Murphy you have around $15-17 million. I'de rather spend that on a DE. 

 

I would also try to re-sign Shaq. 

 

The free agent I want to sign the most is Yannick Njakoue.

 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure who the FAs will be yet, as some will sign last minute before hitting the market. Pretty sure of one FA signing that won’t do much of anything to propel the Bills closer to a championship ; a new backup QB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

 

 Ron Wolfe thought he was the best player in the 1991 draft and traded the 19th pick in the 1992 draft even though Favre drafted in the 2nd round just one year prior and flunked the physical due to a hip injury from a car wreck. Wolfe waived the contingency for a physical because the team doctor wouldn't pass him. Based on that information, I'm pretty sure Wolfe knew Favre was special.

 

And stop with the it's derogatory to say their situations are anything close to the same is laughable, it's not.

 

For every Gannon & Warner there's hundreds that don't blossom late and see their careers run short. Mariota has been going backwards for 3 straight years, chances are he doesn't ever return to the numbers he had in his 2nd year.

 

Ok you win. Take care. 

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, peterpan said:

Maybe Amari Cooper.  

 

I'd like Clowney but really should be on O.

 

 

Process guys? I think not.

3 hours ago, krf139 said:

When anyone raises the slightest ounce of skepticism of Josh and our bottom 5 pass offense, they are immediately dismissed on this board.  Very odd 

and You’re next.

  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Because Barkley is so good. Brady would be an upgrade over him at this point.

 

it this helps us win how??

 

Also the real narrative of this thread is we need to replace Allen, which is complete BS and not happening.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, McBean said:

I’m going to stir the pot here...

 

For me?

 

Marcus Mariota.

 

The kid had a new offensive coordinator every season in Tennessee, they refused to hand the ball to Henry when he was at QB, and he’s already had huge success before in the league.

 

Before you all flame away, he would be a SIGNIFICANT upgrade over Barkley, and what has Tennessee/Philadelphia showed us the past few years? Never hurts to have a good QB 2.

 

Lastly, I’m not sold on Josh Allen. I was extremely bullish on him early on but towards the end of the season my optimism has faded. 
 

Who is your number 1 target and why?

Even when you said he’d be a good backup, I was still waiting for the “I’m not a josh allen fan,” and there it was. Just come out and say you want Mariota so he can be the starter here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Matthew Judon but sadly it looks like Baltimore is going to franchise him. I'd also give Mario Addison a hard look, his age a little concerning, yet can't deny his production the last 6 seasons. Yet Hunter Henry be my top guy to go after if he's available. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dream additions at positions of need would be: 

Clowney

Scherff

Cooper

Henry

 

Not happening. But I could see them going after one of them. I think Amari needs some love and needs to be held accountable. He would get that with Bills Mafia and Coach McDermott and I think his skill set would excel here in Brian Daboll's offense. Again it seems unlikely, but he could be the missing piece. 

 

I would also say that there are some pretty interesting corners on the market who could challenge Levi Wallace. We also need to add safety depth. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Dream additions at positions of need would be: 

Clowney

Scherff

Cooper

Henry

 

Not happening. But I could see them going after one of them. I think Amari needs some love and needs to be held accountable. He would get that with Bills Mafia and Coach McDermott and I think his skill set would excel here in Brian Daboll's offense. Again it seems unlikely, but he could be the missing piece. 

 

I would also say that there are some pretty interesting corners on the market who could challenge Levi Wallace. We also need to add safety depth. 

 

I'd love to add someone like Ashtyn Davis in the draft for S depth/return specialist in the draft that way can part ways from Andre Roberts. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so many needs 

 

 RT (move ford inside)

DE

LB

WR

RB

CB

TE

 

Edited by papazoid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

Jack Conklin. Likely to hit Free Agency and seems like a good character toughness fit that the Bills covet.

Can’t see them paying him 10+ million a season when they just drafted Ford and have to pay Dawkins here very shortly.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

Im NoT SoLd On JoSh AlLeN 

 

MaRiOtA Is GoOd 

I know you don’t think this. For anyone on here who does go ask Titan fans who they would prefer, Allen or Mariota. I guarantee you would hear Allen far more than Mariota. Heck Tannehill has done more with that team than Mariota ever could. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want TE Hooper from Atlanta. He was on my fantasy roster and he put up huge numebers. He was #1 among all TE s in fantasy points before minor injury. I won my fantasy league BTW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jordan Jenkins, DE/OLB, NYJ

 

Perfect replacement for LoZo. Has a quick first step, can play linebacker, can line up at DE. Will command $10M/yr but not as much as say Clowney, Dupree or Yannick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Franchiseneedsme said:

Derrick Henry. If he does become  available I think the Bill's should pay what it takes to get him here. I have heard and said, "you shouldn't pay big $$ for RB's"... but this guy would make us SB contenders without really doing much else IMO.add another solid draft and we could be the 1 seed ne t year

No doubt. Tennessee would be insane not to place the Franchise Tag on him.

 

It looks to me like he might fetch 15 million per season or perhaps more on an open market with huge guaranteed money, no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sunshower said:

Jordan Jenkins, DE/OLB, NYJ

 

Perfect replacement for LoZo. Has a quick first step, can play linebacker, can line up at DE. Will command $10M/yr but not as much as say Clowney, Dupree or Yannick.

He'd be a solid add my only concern is he's a 3-4 OLB that be asked to move to a 4-3, similar to what Jeff Posey had to do and while he was good he never had same sack numbers here than he did in Houston.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Process guys? I think not.

and You’re next.

Why do all process guys have to be so mediocre? Time to change philosophy a bit and get some star talent in here via FA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Jokeman said:

He'd be a solid add my only concern is he's a 3-4 OLB that be asked to move to a 4-3, similar to what Jeff Posey had to do and while he was good he never had same sack numbers here than he did in Houston.

I’d get him to drop 10lbs. Can plug him in at LE on passing downs. On running downs all of a sudden we have an enforcer at LB. I think he upgrades two positions on defense for us. Good for 8-10 sacks a year, probably cost half as much as Clowney.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sunshower said:

I’d get him to drop 10lbs. Can plug him in at LE on passing downs. On running downs all of a sudden we have an enforcer at LB. I think he upgrades two positions on defense for us. Good for 8-10 sacks a year, probably cost half as much as Clowney.

I'd be happy with 5-8 sacks, granted I also want to see us add Mario Addison who think should be able to the same in terms of sacks in order to replace Shaq Lawson. As think he could be more affordable and we'd only need him for a year or two assuming we also draft someone to develop behind him and Hughes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beane ought to go out an get both Bosa brothers and both Watt brothers. Why not, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Why do all process guys have to be so mediocre? Time to change philosophy a bit and get some star talent in here via FA.

 

It's what I call "Chris Kelsay scar tissue." You see it everywhere throughout the Buffalo Bills fanbase that endured The Drought Era. You are either hard-working, team-oriented, blue-collar, always carrying your lunch in a pail form, completely devoid of talent, and somehow a perfect fit for the Buffalo franchise or you are a supremely talented but egotistical, lazy, and possibly criminal diva of an athlete who belongs with one of those teams that wins playoff games and division titles at least once every 25 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...