Who’s the one FA you want in 2020?

McBean

On 1/13/2020 at 9:28 AM, Artem Lipatov said:

I want TE Hooper from Atlanta. He was on my fantasy roster and he put up huge numebers. He was #1 among all TE s in fantasy points before minor injury. I won my fantasy league BTW

Correcto!

The Bills have simply avoided drafting that huge beast TE with hands prototype this entire millennium . The likes of Kelce or Kittle that you’ll see on Sunday! The Type who catches for 7 & bulls for 9 more or has a huge wingspan and an extra 18 inches of height coming down in the corner of the End Zone with an Allen Jump Ball.

If we get Derrick Henry we get the Lombardi.  If Tennessee doesn't franchise him, then we should outbid everybody else to sign him.   With this defense, with Allen coming into his own, and with Derrick Henry in the backfield, our Super Bowl record jumps to a sparkling 1-4.

This idea is not as far-fetched as it might seem.  Henry is 26, the age at which teams begin to be leery of overpaying running backs.  It might be that Henry could be signed for less than Sammy Watkins money ($16m per).  Let that sink in: less than Sammy freakin' Watkins.

11 minutes ago, Blue on Blue said:

If we get Derrick Henry we get the Lombardi.  If Tennessee doesn't franchise him, then we should outbid everybody else to sign him.   With this defense, with Allen coming into his own, and with Derrick Henry in the backfield, our Super Bowl record jumps to a sparkling 1-4.

This idea is not as far-fetched as it might seem.  Henry is 26, the age at which teams begin to be leery of overpaying running backs.  It might be that Henry could be signed for less than Sammy Watkins money ($16m per).  Let that sink in: less than Sammy freakin' Watkins.

It's going to be interesting what the Titans do.  The pounding he's taken since college because of his running style and workload historically leads to a shorter shelf life in the NFL.  Earl Campbell comes to mind.  They may very well sign him long term.  If they don't, I could see them franchising him and then pulling a Khalil Mack type trade to a willing participant.  I don't think the Bills would be willing to give up that many assets and money to a running back even with the talent level of Henry.

On 1/15/2020 at 7:10 AM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yeah, kind of looks that way. 

I mean, I'm not sold on JA myself, but to me the thing to do is throw all our horses at upgrading the offense so that he can be given his best shot to succeed.  A TE who drops 1 of 5 throws that go his way and whiffs big time on blocks, an OL that gets terminally confused by diamond front D with guys stunting and dropping back, leaving the TE to block star pass rushing LB, and throwing to WR who disappear with physical coverage are not cuttin' it. 

Josh Allen isn't showing enough productivity in the passing game, but the Lamar Jackson performance against the Titans demonstrates pretty clearly that you can take a QB capable of 66% completion and turn him into a 50% completion QB if you make him uncomfortable in the pocket and take away his best  targets.

If I'm Tennessee, I do whatever it takes to keep that guy.  But in terms of skills, agree 100%.

It's a puzzlement to me why we don't use Motor more, but I have to believe there's a reason besides "Daboll is inexplicably dumb"

I agree that Josh will need a full compliment of true weapons to full determine his franchise "viability". Not using Singletary more in the first half of the season was I think a combination of blind loyalty to veteran Gore, protecting a rookie and some dumbness sprinkled in. Devin will be RB1 this season with Gore and probably Yeldon gone. Get him a good RB2 like Najee Harris. This organization has to finish this offense by filling the remaining offensive holes. Only then will we know who Josh is?