Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
McBean

Who’s the one FA you want in 2020?

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Rock'em Sock'em said:

Of all the possible available FA's, he's your guy?  Tennessee seemed to get much better when he was benched.  And he wouldn't even start here.  Wouldn't you rather have Clowney or Yannick?


I believe Marcus would be a solid backup to Josh in case you know what hits the fan.

 

Marcus didn’t get a fair shake in Tennessee. He’s proven in the past he can be elite.

 

I hope Josh Allen is a top 10 quarterback in the NFL starting next season. I’m really pulling for #17, make no mistake!!

 

However, I believe signing Mariota is excellent value and would only help this team. Just my thoughts.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Meh 1
  • Skeptical 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Rock'em Sock'em said:

Of all the possible available FA's, he's your guy?  Tennessee seemed to get much better when he was benched.  And he wouldn't even start here.  Wouldn't you rather have Clowney or Yannick?


Clowney and Yannick are going to break the bank. Those contracts typically don’t work out.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JetsFan20 said:


Clowney and Yannick are going to break the bank. Those contracts typically don’t work out.


In your defense, you did hand out one of those contracts on defense last year, and it didn’t exactly work out.   Hopefully for y’all, CJ stays healthy in 2020. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, McBean said:


I believe Marcus would be a solid backup to Josh in case you know what hits the fan.

 

Marcus didn’t get a fair shake in Tennessee. He’s proven in the past he can be elite.

 

I hope Josh Allen is a top 10 quarterback in the NFL starting next season. I’m really pulling for #17, make no mistake!!

 

However, I believe signing Mariota is excellent value and would only help this team. Just my thoughts.

Would not be surprised to see him sign with Dolphins for an opportunity to start again,  i doubt he wants to backup Allen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:


Say what you want.  Some of us are keen on your intent, which is to disguise your “not sold” bit in a new thread about looking to upgrade the back-up QB.

 

It’s far juicier than that! He opened it to ALL Free Agents as part of the disguise. And then went immediately for the Hate Point. 

 

It was a good topic title, ruined by bad intent. 

  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, JetsFan20 said:


Clowney and Yannick are going to break the bank. Those contracts typically don’t work out.

At some point you need to have a big play and big pay player,  he would be that on our defense.  Having said that i think the Bills would have better shot at Bud Dupree LB from Steelers.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, McBean said:


I believe Marcus would be a solid backup to Josh in case you know what hits the fan.

 

Marcus didn’t get a fair shake in Tennessee. He’s proven in the past he can be elite.

 

I hope Josh Allen is a top 10 quarterback in the NFL starting next season. I’m really pulling for #17, make no mistake!!

 

However, I believe signing Mariota is excellent value and would only help this team. Just my thoughts.

 

Elite in what way? Did he have a good year, sure, but his best 2 years were year 1 and year 2 in his 5 year career. The in years 3 & 4 he had 24 TDs  23 INTs and his yards per game have gone down every year he's played. 

 

Over 4 years as a starter and you believe he didn't get a fair shake? The playoffs have shown us all the Titans need from the QB position is someone not to screw it up.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, McBean said:

I’m going to stir the pot here...

 

For me?

 

Marcus Mariota.

 

The kid had a new offensive coordinator every season in Tennessee, they refused to hand the ball to Henry when he was at QB, and he’s already had huge success before in the league.

 

Before you all flame away, he would be a SIGNIFICANT upgrade over Barkley, and what has Tennessee/Philadelphia showed us the past few years? Never hurts to have a good QB 2.

 

Lastly, I’m not sold on Josh Allen. I was extremely bullish on him early on but towards the end of the season my optimism has faded. 
 

Who is your number 1 target and why?

It sure the hell isnt a qb

 

what the hell is wrong with you

Edited by John from Riverside

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gonzo1105 said:

Jack Conklin. Likely to hit Free Agency and seems like a good character toughness fit that the Bills covet.

There is no doubt that Conklin would be a great addition.  If Conklin hits the market, there will likely be a bidding war to sign him.  The cost will be high.  I can't see Beane throwing big money at a second offensive lineman (like Morse last year).  IMHO Beane will target his free agent spending on a DE or a WR to play outside opposite John Brown.  If he resigns Lawson, then WR may jump to the top of his list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also want G Brandon Scherff ,doubt we  go after him though. It would work be better if we just drafted these guys instead.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, offyourocker said:

N’gakoue

This!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Conklin or an Edge (Yannik).  Mariota is a great choice as backup, but I see him in NE or somewhere where he could start. 

I’d go for quality over quantity in FA this year. We need elite talent.  Does not necessarily have to be a expensive (could be a Hyde type signing), but a guy like Conklin will be and is worth it IMO.  

  • Thanks! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, SCBills said:


In your defense, you did hand out one of those contracts on defense last year, and it didn’t exactly work out.   Hopefully for y’all, CJ stays healthy in 2020. 


Paying an ILB 17MM a year was pretty stupid, but CJ Mosley at least is the type of guy who will always play hard. 
 

A lot of these guys mail it in once they get paid. 
 

Look at who the Jets recently gave out big $ to: 

Darrelle Revis (2nd tour was a complete mail in)

Mo Wilk (Mailed it in)

Trumaine Johnson (Mailed it in)

CJ Mosley (Injured)

Kelechi Osemele (sued the team)

LeVeon Bell (Ineffective)

 

The best free agent moves are often the ones you don’t make. 

 

Edited by JetsFan20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

So you created a new thread to disguise another “I’m not sold on Josh Allen.”  

 Court Martial offense indeed, Lieutenant 

2 hours ago, McBean said:

I’m going to stir the pot here...

 

For me?

 

Marcus Mariota.

 

The kid had a new offensive coordinator every season in Tennessee, they refused to hand the ball to Henry when he was at QB, and he’s already had huge success before in the league.

 

Before you all flame away, he would be a SIGNIFICANT upgrade over Barkley, and what has Tennessee/Philadelphia showed us the past few years? Never hurts to have a good QB 2.

 

Lastly, I’m not sold on Josh Allen. I was extremely bullish on him early on but towards the end of the season my optimism has faded. 
 

Who is your number 1 target and why?

- Sometimes a change of scenery and a fresh start can do wonders- not that it would for Mariota but you never know. Brett Favre was traded away from Atlanta and we saw how that went down. 
 

For me, I would love Henry but I really believe the Titans tag him if they can’t get a hometown discount, team Friendly deal because they do not have a ton of cap space. That said, Amari Cooper if the Texans let him walk.

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clowney and Mathew Slater- pass rush and special teams improved- spend rest of draft picks and FA $ on offensive weapons, depth, and special teams 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

 

You need to change your name because the real McBeane isnt that dumb. Mariota does nothing for us,  we need someone who can actually help us win.

 

going for RT Jack Conklin.

 

 

Because Barkley is so good. Brady would be an upgrade over him at this point.

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Offense: Daryl Williams (RT), Austin Hooper (TE)

Defense: Kyle Van Noy (Strong Side OLB), Arik Armstead (DE)

 

Let Spain and Shaq walk. 

 

Draft: Lots of WR's and a RB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, McBean said:

I’m going to stir the pot here...

 

For me?

 

Marcus Mariota.

 

The kid had a new offensive coordinator every season in Tennessee, they refused to hand the ball to Henry when he was at QB, and he’s already had huge success before in the league.

 

Before you all flame away, he would be a SIGNIFICANT upgrade over Barkley, and what has Tennessee/Philadelphia showed us the past few years? Never hurts to have a good QB 2.

 

Lastly, I’m not sold on Josh Allen. I was extremely bullish on him early on but towards the end of the season my optimism has faded. 
 

Who is your number 1 target and why?

I agree with your assessment of Allen, but the Barkley criticism is kind of unwarranted for quite a few reasons. 

 

Mariota is a joke imo, and isn't even worthy of a backup position.  He will flame out of the league in the next 2-3 years. 

 

Qb in free agency is one of the last needs of this team. 

 

My top pick in FA is either LB, Wr, or DE.   There are a few top ones at each postion and id happy with any one of them being filled with someone who fits the current culture of the team.  Id leave that decision up to Beane and McD because they havea finger on the pulse of the team and will bring in the proper fit. 

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

 

- Sometimes a change of scenery and a fresh start can do wonders- not that it would for Mariota but you never know. Brett Favre was traded away from Atlanta and we saw how that went down. 
 

 

Not saying a change in scenery and a fresh can't help, but to compare Favre's and Mariota's situation as anything closed to the same is laughable. Favre only played 1 season with the Falcons attempting 4 passes all year. He was traded because the coach(Glanville) disagreed with the Front Office and refused to play him. Glanville at one point said "It would take a plane crash" for Favre to get any playing time. The front office was offered the 19th pick by the Packers that offseason and the rest is history.

 

Mariota on the other hand has had 5 seasons with the Titans, just shy of 4 1/2 as the starter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

 

Not saying a change in scenery and a fresh can't help, but to compare Favre's and Mariota's situation as anything closed to the same is laughable. Favre only played 1 season with the Falcons attempting 4 passes all year. He was traded because the coach(Glanville) disagreed with the Front Office and refused to play him. Glanville at one point said "It would take a plane crash" for Favre to get any playing time. The front office was offered the 19th pick by the Packers that offseason and the rest is history.

 

Mariota on the other hand has had 5 seasons with the Titans, just shy of 4 1/2 as the starter.

I was prepared for this- I am not comparing them, just pointing out that no one knew Favre would go on to have the career he had. Mariota has a nice tool set but hit a rough patch. I don’t know if he is able to salvage his career or not but it is a possibility. When posters on this board use derogatory statements like “laughable” it adds no value. I try hard to not disrespect people on here. Guys like Rich Gannon and Kurt Warner blossomed late. 

Edited by billsfan_34

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I’d say a pass rusher. Ngakoue, Clowney, Vic Beasley even? I just want a guy who can be a consistent 8-10 and allow them to 1) wait until the 2nd round to draft a DE 2) cut Murphy after the draft.

 

a 4 man oration of Vic Beasley/Hughes on one end, and Shaq/2nd round pick on the other end would be a solid rotation in my estimation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

I agree with your assessment of Allen, but the Barkley criticism is kind of unwarranted for quite a few reasons.

 

If nothing else this place is good for a laugh.

 

Barkley is horrible, 10 TDs  21 INTs in his career(INT% of 6.1), career QB Rating of 65.7 and has only 2 pretty good games in his 7 year career. He shouldn't even be a backup in this league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...