Bills add K/P Kaare Vedvik to the futures signings.

MAJBobby

We now have 53 players on our off-season roster, not counting our 3 ERFA (Foster, Croom, Wallace) and 2 RFA (McKeznie, Marlowe). That gets us to 58, plus whoever we resign from our own UFA. 

It’s amazing to me that we’re going to have roughly 60-65 players on our 90 man roster before free agency and the draft that have all basically been in the organization this season around a playoff team. Not all of them are major contributors but to have roughly 65 players that were already part of a playoff team returning + 9 draft picks + $90M to spend. That type of continuity is fantastic and coupled with the flexibility to improve considerably is amazing to me. 

That is some amazing roster construction... this is going to be an extremely difficult roster to crack. We’re going to have numerous players traded and cut at the end of training camp that will go on to contribute to other teams in 2020.

Edited by JGMcD2
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, ogham26 said:

Upgrading at punter is a must this off season.  If he can do it great.  He could handle kick offs plus has a bigger leg if we were in an end of half situation to try a long field goal

I guess a lot of people underestimate the importance of a good punter , until in game time and we hear the announcer say what a horrible punt 

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

How is ranked 29th in net punting "better than expected" ?

Boroquez played very well as the year progressed overall.

He placed the 4th most punts inside the 20 yard line this year, nailing 34 of his punts inside the 20. 

He was 11th in the league in percentage of punts inside the 20 yard line, at 43%.

Not bad for his first year in the NFL.  The Bills have needs, and punter is not likely one of them.

Boroquez got better and better as the year progressed and became one of the better punters in the league in putting the ball inside the 20 yard line. He will continue to get better.

Just now, Mister Defense said:

Boroquez played very well as the year progressed overall.

He placed the 4th most punts inside the 20 yard line this year, nailing 34 of his punts inside the 20. 

He was 11th in the league in percentage of punts inside the 20 yard line, at 43%.

Not bad for his first year in the NFL.  The Bills have needs, and punter is not likely one of them.

Boroquez got better and better as the year progressed and became one of the better punters in the league in putting the ball inside the 20 yard line. He will continue to get better.

Also led the league in Touch Backs NOT good and was the worst in the league in Net AVG with under 40 ALSO not good.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Laughing Coffin said:

we were literally 2nd worst in punt average, 2nd worst in Net Avg, tied worst with most touchbacks (4th worst in TB percentage)

Exactly  in today's NFL field position is critical.  I never imagined Bojo would survive the 53. And then I was convinced we'd pick up someone better within a week. We didn't???

Please find a real punter this spring...

1 hour ago, BillsFanSD said:

Beane wasting no time in getting down to business.  Bojo was better than expected this season, but it's an area that we should be able to upgrade.

....would you expect anything LESS from him?....Buddy would have been in bed hibernating by Saturday night with his alarm set for 10:30AM Draft Day 2020......"beauty rest"......

• Haha (+1) 1