Late Ford personal foul call a joke

1 minute ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Thank you for posting the picture. Ford just needs to stand in the guys way. He is clearly facing the wrong way. It's the correct call.

There's a reason the rule reads FORCIBLE contact and not just contact.  

The reasons is - the rule exists to prevent injury. 

What Ford did was correct and legal

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Real McNasty said:

Looks even worse there. That is a HORRIBLE call.

yup, ford got flagged for doing his job.

If he hold up and josh decides to stop and throw that guy would have tackled josh or caused a fumble then Ford is lit up for not blocking, horrible horrible call.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gary Busey said:

Feliciano's arms were up and he initiated contact, though 

Feliciano wasn't who it was called on. It was Ford. For getting in the way, with b his arms raised. Total joke.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

2 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Two big men, eye to eye making a football play hitting each other. What a joke. A very sneaky penalty that was glossed over by ABC that could’ve cost Buffalo the game.

It wasn’t glossed over.  They showed it in replay and described in detail how and why it was a penalty.  They made it all pretty clear. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Hope this ends this failthread 

The call is crap!!!! Who’s to say Josh doesn’t juke, stop cut, run back inside 5-10 yards down the field. Now this guy was the difference between an additional 10-15 further cause the QB ran past him ? No.... bad call. It’s still within the play!

Just now, Buffalo Barbarian said:

seriously ?? T

They gave away our TD for common sense and took us out of FG range when we could have kicked the winning FG plus other ticky Tak calls.

It's the rule. He gave himself up. Remember the Tee White INT where they rules he gave himself up? Would you like them to reverse that as well?

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

It wasn’t glossed over.  They showed it in replay and described in detail how and why it was a penalty.  They made it all pretty clear. 

You don't make that call in OT

Texans got away with questionable holds alot in the game

Shameful for any one to agree with that call

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Real McNasty said:

3 and 18 and pay clock at ZERO for 1-2 secs and no flag?

The face to face block called blindside cost us a FG attempt and possible playoff win. 

Tiring.....

Did Houston even get a flag all game?

They didnt get one for the helmet to helmet hit on Josh.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BeastMaster said:

You don't make that call in OT

Texans got away with questionable holds alot in the game

Shameful for any one to agree with that call

Yeah that’s not how it works.

Ford committed the penalty. They called it.  Its not for “agreement” or not

Just now, Buffalo Barbarian said:

no the ref did not accept that and let the play continue.

No, they ruled that Tre gave himself up. Otherwise it would be a touchback or safety or something for the other team.

28 minutes ago, suorangefan4 said:

Not a single hold called against the Texans. Story all year long.

Teams hold like crazy against us but NEVER get called. They make sure to find 2 to 4 holds or blindside blocks against us though every week.

Stupid defense on that 3rd and 18 play but the refs let a delay of game go and a hold as well

THIS!!! Every game!

There was an obvious hold on that 3rd and 18 in OT. The Bills had 7 sacks at that point. Houston was holding on several plays to counter it. Not one flag! 

15 minutes ago, wppete said:

Thanks for sharing this. I was confused by the blindside call because I thought he blocked him head on, but this makes sense. So the rule is that He’s not allowed to make a block at all if he’s moving toward his own end zone, correct? 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, suorangefan4 said:

Not a single hold called against the Texans. Story all year long.

Teams hold like crazy against us but NEVER get called. They make sure to find 2 to 4 holds or blindside blocks against us though every week.

Stupid defense on that 3rd and 18 play but the refs let a delay of game go and a hold as well

I don’t disagree but there was a 3rd down call where Ford grabbed Watt well outside the numbers, got flipped around, and threw JJ to the ground. No call. 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, MJS said:

He cut back to block him and hit him on the side.

This is clearly a penalty. I yelled at the TV right as it happened. Ford was coming back to make the block and hit the defender with his shoulder. That’s a textbook crack back block under the rules. It always get called when it’s at the point of attack like on this play.

All Ford had to do was push him with his hands or just run in front of him and it’s legal. You can’t initiate contact forcibly with your body from up field. 

This was one of many O-line blunders that cost the Bills the game.

3 minutes ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

That's sad. Not surprising. But predictable and sad.

Predictable and sad that you told me good job and called me a douche? I'm a little confused.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Mango said:

I don’t disagree but there was a 3rd down call where Ford grabbed Watt well outside the numbers, got flipped around, and threw JJ to the ground. No call. 

Yep, saw that. Seemed like the refs didn't want to call holding in this game.

1 minute ago, BisonMan said:

This is clearly a penalty. I yelled at the TV right as it happened. Ford was coming back to make the block and hit the defender with his shoulder. That’s a textbook crack back block under the rules. It always get called when it’s at the point of attack like on this play.

All Ford had to do was push him with his hands or just run in front of him and it’s legal. You can’t initiate contact forcibly with your body from up field. 

This was one of many O-line blunders that cost the Bills the game.

Precisely. Extend your arm and push on the defenders shoulder as he is running past. That's all. Allen was already away.