McDremott calling defensive plays in last 2 minutes

todd

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

Maybe it was mentioned during the broadcast and I missed it but how do you know he was calling plays? 

During the broadcast there were a few shots of him covering his mouth with the playsheet and talking into the headset before the play.

1 minute ago, todd said:

During the broadcast there were a few shots of him covering his mouth with the playsheet and talking into the headset before the play.

doesn’t really mean he was calling plays. I have seen him cover his mouth and talk into headset on offense too. 

• Like (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, todd said:

he was ordering a pizza for the team in the locker room,  he just wanted to keep it a surprise. 

Edited by dubs
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 11
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, todd said:

He was probably communicating with Leslie and/or Tremaine. Im sure its a team effort and McDermott gives plenty of insight 

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, todd said:

I can’t say whether or not he was calling plays but this is common practice even for HCs who don’t.

• Like (+1) 1

Coaches will send up something they see or want to see in response to an alignment , both Offense and Defense,.   A tell or an alert that something is a give away

I may be incorrect, but there is only one voice coming through to the Player on the field. Whether McD has over ride is certainly possible. But i would think he is talking to Frazier or Daboll when he is speaking.

Good topic really.

8 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I can’t say whether or not he was calling plays but this is common practice even for HCs who don’t.

No reason the HC should not jump in ftw

3 hours ago, Bray Wyatt said:

wasn’t that tj watts move on Allen??

I'd slap TJ Watts' *****:wub:

3 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

He was calling Rex, told him “THIS ain’t no slap-dick football.”

3 hours ago, Bray Wyatt said:

wasn’t that tj watts move on Allen??

3 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I had that filed under “Speed Bag-10 minutes” but I see your point. 

3 hours ago, PolishPrince said:

In fairness... I wish I was TJ Watt's hand on that play ?

I'd go one hand on each...

3 hours ago, Ray Finkel said:

He was ordering a 2 person bike for him and Beane

tenor-2.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, dubs said:

he was ordering a pizza for the team in the locker room,  he just wanted to keep it a surprise. 

He was asking the Gatorade drum to be ready...He wanted to be drenched in Gatorade afteer the win.  After all, he is the ego-maniacal HC who wants everyone to follow his process ?

8 hours ago, Bangarang said:

I don't know if he did or didn't either, but during that one timeout on that final Pitts drive he was the one talking to the defense that was at the sidelines.  Im sure they have some kind of committee effort there.  Nothing wrong with it.

10 hours ago, todd said:

I believe he was checking with security to make sure he hadn’t spotted Belichick on the Pittsburgh sideline in drag.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975