Week 15: Bills at Steelers on SNF

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, DuckyBoys said:

Poyer and Hyde need to take away those backyard chuck a duck throws  Steelers offense relies on long pass interference calls  from dbs panicking  I dont believe the Steelers can make long sustained drives against the Bills   

Been a while since Poyer or Hyde have come up with interceptions. Used to be fairly common, but teams are wisely avoiding and not testing them. Busted coverage last week excluded. 

4 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

I like the interview and how he touches on things that has been said in here and everywhere else. 
Not sure how much it’s going to take to sign him but I’m sure Beane will give it a shot. 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:
giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a7c2bb8b9171a0991f5

So they are due for a loss?

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

We likely lose to Pittsburgh. I’m getting nervous because the next 2 defenses are good. I hope it doesn’t come down to beating the Jets. Finishing 1-3 would be bad look. And no one on here wants to consider an 0-4 finish. But the odds makers say we likely lose the next 2 games. *****.

• Haha (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

We likely lose to Pittsburgh. I’m getting nervous because the next 2 defenses are good. I hope it doesn’t come down to beating the Jets. Finishing 1-3 would be bad look. And no one on here wants to consider an 0-4 finish. But the odds makers say we likely lose the next 2 games. *****.

After the CLE loss, I pretty much felt the Bills would need to pick up an unexpected win either vs DAL, BAL, or NE to get to 10-6. They did that , and I don’t feel any different now. I didn’t like their prospects at PIT to begin with, and a bit less with the flex and PIT finding their way post Rudolph. They got enough wins earlier that they don’t need it. Was always likely to include a win over Jets at home unless they knocked of NE or Baltimore. 

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

After the CLE loss, I pretty much felt the Bills would need to pick up an unexpected win either vs DAL, BAL, or NE to get to 10-6. They did that , and I don’t feel any different now. I didn’t like their prospects at PIT to begin with, and a bit less with the flex and PIT finding their way post Rudolph. They got enough wins earlier that they don’t need it. Was always likely to include a win over Jets at home unless they knocked of NE or Baltimore. 

If we win one more let the football gods make it against the Pats.

3 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

Someone is scared. :lol:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Is this funny or not??

Bills play nobody and we are frauds....

steelers beat nobodies all year and their offense “lights up” the worst d in football for 16 offensive points last week.... let’s get Hodges to the probowl

????????

• Haha (+1) 3

54 minutes ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

It's amazing to me that some people think we are likely to lose to a 3rd string QB. This defense. Losing to a 3rd string QB.:doh:

People are concerned about the Steelers D causing problems for the Bills O and JA. While Allen has improved this year he is still a young QB who we hope develops into a franchise QB. He isn't one yet. Unless their is a big play on ST or key turnovers like a pick 6 then this will be a one score game throughout. I don't see how Bills fans can be overly confident going into Pitt playing a tough team. The Bills can win but it will be a very tough game. IMHO

PS... Any Yankees fans here? The Yanks just signed Gerritt Cole for 9 years at 324 million. Definitely the favorites to win it all in 2020. Go Bills and Go Yanks!!!

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Greg S said:

People are concerned about the Steelers D causing problems for the Bills O and JA. While Allen has improved this year he is still a young QB who we hope develops into a franchise QB. He isn't one yet. Unless their is a big play on ST or key turnovers like a pick 6 then this will be a one score game throughout. I don't see how Bills fans can be overly confident going into Pitt playing a tough team. The Bills can win but it will be a very tough game. IMHO

PS... Any Yankees fans here? The Yanks just signed Gerritt Cole for 9 years at 324 million. Definitely the favorites to win it all in 2020. Go Bills and Go Yanks!!!

I know , you are right, we have no chance and will not make the playoffs. Let's just forego the rest of the season and start a draft thread.

12 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Slightly off topic but props to the NFL for maintaining an equal salary cap to prevent teams from potentially buying their way to the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

I'm glad Charlie Sheen was in my foxhole during Platoon and not you

I love our prospects against a third string QB like Haskins, Allen(Den) and Hodges.

4 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

What is so wrong with what he said? Allen and the offense hasn't looked very good against top defenses this season. They play 2 really good ones the next 2 weeks. That should be a bit worrisome for Bills fans. 

Guys like you are such big Bills homers in your rose colored glasses that all you see is 9-4 and refuse to see the flaws on this team. I bet you think every game is going to be a cakewalk. Just remember 9-4, 9-4, 9-4. That's all that matters. ? ^this guy. ?

1 minute ago, Jrb1979 said:

What is so wrong with what he said? Allen and the offense hasn't looked very good against top defenses this season. They play 2 really good ones the next 2 weeks. That should be a bit worrisome for Bills fans. 

Guys like you are such big Bills homers in your rose colored glasses that all you see is 9-4 and refuse to see the flaws on this team. I bet you think every game is going to be a cakewalk. Just remember 9-4, 9-4, 9-4. That's all that matters. ? ^this guy. ?

You'll pardon me if I don't take the opinion of "Sabres are so exciting, guys" guy seriously.

5 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

You'll pardon me if I don't take the opinion of "Sabres are so exciting, guys" guy seriously.

You're missing out as the Sabres are back to playing good hockey and have gone on a bit of a run to get to 2nd in their division. 

You are also such a big homer that you refuse to take an opinion that criticizes the Bills. 

26 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

steelers beat nobodies all year and their offense “lights up” the worst d in football for 16 offensive points last week.... let’s get Hodges to the probowl

????????

Precisely, i'm not sure where all the hype is coming from, they have had the Hoyer led Colts (barely won), the Bengals minus Dalton (x2), dysfunctional Browns (which they got thumped once by)...

with ALL the takeaways and awesome D, with a probowl 4th string QB their most convincing win is the demoralized Bengals in week 4 when they benched Dalton...  and there's talk for Tomlin as coach of the year?

Schedule & Game Results

Score Offense Defense Expected Points
Week Day Date       OT Rec   Opp Tm Opp 1stD TotYd PassY RushY TO 1stD TotYd PassY RushY TO Offense Defense Sp. Tms
1 Sun September 8 8:20PM ET boxscore L   0-1 @ New England Patriots 3 33 15 308 276 32 1 24 465 366 99   -9.50 -18.24 0.80
2 Sun September 15 1:00PM ET boxscore L   0-2   Seattle Seahawks 26 28 17 261 180 81 1 25 425 274 151 2 1.23 -5.07 -1.28
3 Sun September 22 4:25PM ET boxscore L   0-3 @ San Francisco 49ers 20 24 11 239 160 79 2 26 436 268 168 5 -10.20 3.72 -0.12
4 Mon September 30 8:15PM ET boxscore W   1-3   Cincinnati Bengals 27 3 20 326 260 66 1 16 175 102 73 2 6.93 16.54 -0.04
5 Sun October 6 1:00PM ET boxscore L OT 1-4   Baltimore Ravens 23 26 18 269 192 77 2 22 277 139 138 3 -1.80 4.12 -5.32
6 Sun October 13 8:20PM ET boxscore W   2-4 @ Los Angeles Chargers 24 17 18 256 132 124 1 23 348 316 32 3 5.45 2.12 4.54
7                 Bye Week                              
8 Mon October 28 8:15PM ET boxscore W   3-4   Miami Dolphins 27 14 21 394 236 158 1 16 230 170 60 4 5.58 10.83 -3.84
9 Sun November 3 1:00PM ET boxscore W   4-4   Indianapolis Colts 26 24 17 273 183 90 2 22 328 189 139 3 -3.46 -0.59 5.69
10 Sun November 10 4:25PM ET boxscore W   5-4   Los Angeles Rams 17 12 15 273 231 42 2 16 306 218 88 4 -17.68 27.02 -4.10
11 Thu November 14 8:20PM ET boxscore L   5-5 @ Cleveland Browns 7 21 18 236 178 58 4 17 293 189 104   -24.63 1.33 6.48
12 Sun November 24 1:00PM ET boxscore W   6-5 @ Cincinnati Bengals 16 10 16 338 179 159 1 11 244 158 86 2 -4.31 15.56 -2.52
13 Sun December 1 1:00PM ET boxscore W   7-5   Cleveland Browns 20 13 18 323 199 124 1 19 279 173 106 2 2.57 2.60 1.39
14 Sun December 8 4:25PM ET boxscore W   8-5 @ Arizona Cardinals 23 17 20 275 135 140 2 17 236 165 71 3 5.34 5.35 -2.85
15 Sun December 15 8:20PM ET preview     8-5   Buffalo Bills                              
16 Sun December 22 1:00PM ET preview     8-5 @ New York Jets                              
17 Sun December 29 1:00PM ET preview     8-5 @ Baltimore Ravens                              
  • Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

17 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

OK - let's do it this way, go back and look at the performance of both teams and prove why this overdramatized fear is justified?  There's nothing that stands out they puts the Steelers in a clear position as the better team and their only advantage might be it's at home but don't forget the Bills are 5-1 on the road.

both teams have taken care of the cream puffs on their schedule but i'd rather have the Hoyer Colts, Bengals x2 (without Dalton), Chargers, Cardinals there's no evidence to support the "ZOMG I'M SO SCARED OF THEM!!!"

and love the "we haven't won there since 1975" as if time/teams/players/coaches remain consistent; and what the *** is the difference between regular season and playoffs, a win is a g** d*** win...  and this HAS playoffs implications.

23 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

You're missing out as the Sabres are back to playing good hockey and have gone on a bit of a run to get to 2nd in their division. 

You are also such a big homer that you refuse to take an opinion that criticizes the Bills. 

You must've missed all of @Joe in Winslow's posts around draft time this year I take it? B-). Or the constant corralling I need to do on him when the subject of Bills alums comes up? Just sayin' your take is a little bit "hot" is all. 

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

As along-suffering Pirates fan, this of course solidifies the fact for me that all we are is a glorified farm system for the haves of the MLB world--how many of our erstwhile starters who were nobodies with us, have gone on to fame, fortune and championship teams since they left, since, say, 1992-ish? Yeah, just imagine growing up rooting for the Bills AND the Pirates at the same time...:P

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

It's amazing to me that some people think we are likely to lose to a 3rd string QB. This defense. Losing to a 3rd string QB.:doh:

Exactly, it's like they don't understand how good our D is. Hodges just played the worst D in the league(giving up most fantasy point by far to qbs) as a warm up for this game, while we are third best against QB's. Only way we lose is some clear terrible referee calls, even then we have overcome that accept against pats and Ravens.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BuffaloSol said:

Exactly, it's like they don't understand how good our D is. Hodges just played the worst D in the league(giving up most fantasy point by far to qbs) as a warm up for this game, while we are third best against QB's. Only way we lose is some clear terrible referee calls, even then we have overcome that accept against pats and Ravens.

I think they understand but they're just all in on "Josh sucks."

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Or the Steelers D is really good and the Bills offense not so much.  This game has low scoring and close written all over it.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Got it all figured out, huh?

Bills 24, Steelers 10. Take it to the bank.

I hope the Bills kick the crap out of the Steelers. I would love to sit back late Sunday night watching the Bills put the finishing touches on a blowout win. What I want to happen and what I think will happen are totally different. I do think the Bills win but it will be a close game. I predicted 17-14

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

????????

Oye is right 

Pete was talking out of his *** there.    The Duck Moment will last as long as the Minschew(sp?)  moment    SHORT

Not to mention that these frauds went toe to toe with the two "best" teams in the AFC.   

15 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Well this week.  They have tended to flip flop.

They have gone overboard in their praise and criticism.   

Its a knee jerk reaction to giving too much praise and then seeing Josh have an off game (all QB's have off days) 

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost
  • Like (+1) 1

On 12/9/2019 at 8:13 AM, Greg S said:

Before anyone asks about this weeks uniform combo. The Bills will be wearing white. Its depends on if its white on white (throwbacks or current) or white over blue. Steelers already announced they are going with their usual black over yellow.

http://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GUD/controller/controller.php?action=weekly&year=2019&week=15&league=NFL

Steelers just changed to color rush all black...5-0 for them in this uni, if you happen to think that matters (I doubt it). 

http://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GUD/controller/controller.php?action=weekly&year=2019&week=15&league=NFL

46 minutes ago, Rampage said:

We’ve yet to beat a good team this year so Pittsburgh are obviously the favourites. After flopping last week this is the week to make a statement.

We definitely did not beat a team with the #1 offense and #9 defense on national TV 2 weeks ago.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

From Buffalo Bills PR twitter.

Question: did anyone post the schedule of the press availability?  Wondering if the night game changed anything.

I don't think so 

well   it hasn't changes since I first saw it 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

We definitely did not beat a team with the #1 offense and #9 defense on national TV 2 weeks ago.

like I said earlier in the thread.... bills have beat one decent team and are complete frauds.

steelers have beat one decent team, having gotten the offense into the EZ a whopping 6 times in the last 5 games, while playing AWFUL defenses, and are a team to be reckoned with...… W. T. F. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

3 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Agreed. I'll be shocked if Garrett isn't gone and Kris Richard isn't promoted to HC this offseason 

I think he is definitely gone. I could only imagine how pissed Jerry is. Shumur is another one who I think is finished. No way the Giants can justify bringing him back.

Edited by Greg S