Sign in to follow this  
HOUSE

Sean McDermott is looking for someone to simulate Lamar Jackson

8 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Is Tyree still around? Thought he was cut in preseason. 

He's on an XFL roster, lol - I wasn't thinking bring him back longterm, but if they're looking to find a guy to simulate him for a week, why not?

9 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Is Tyree still around? Thought he was cut in preseason. 

How does Tyree simulate Lamar? Tyree is huge, not fast and not shifty. (Boatdrinks, I realize this wasn't your idea)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 2

59 minutes ago, wagon127 said:

Im assuming this is a joke, as Josh Allen is very similar playing style to Lamar Jackson. Our defense should be better prepared then anyone to handle him!

I truly do not think so (on either count - similar playing style OR similar player).  They're both dual threat QBs, the resemblance ends there.

55 minutes ago, BuffaloMatt said:

What is T-mobile doing these days?  

Holding the clipboard for Phil Rivers

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, ctk232 said:

Interesting - still have a hard time seeing the physicality comparison though. Jackson would appear the far more physical runner, Foster doesn’t really have that.

Jackson is slippery and elusive. He's not bowling people over. I'm not sure of the point on physicality. He is physically gifted. Is that what you mean?

The only way you stop him is to set the edge, gap control, and do not over pursue. Keep everything in front of you and make him beat you in the air. 

56 minutes ago, MJS said:

Lamar Jackson isn't big. 6'2" and 200 pounds. That's the size of Foster.

He's listed as 6'2" and 212, but he looks thicker and more powerfully built than Foster.

TBH, one of the best choices on our roster would probably be Cole Beasley.  He is smaller, but he has that elite quickness and cutting ability.  He was the QB of his HS team and switched to receiver in college, so he can throw.  The problem of course is having a starter simulate LJax instead of repping to start.

Unfortunately, he's not available this season, but Buffalo could draft Lamar Jackson next April.  He is a 6'3" cornerback from (I believe) Nebraska.  He would have similar size and athleticism.

1 hour ago, Augie said:

There should be some guy who can fly like the wind, run like a deer......but can’t play a lick of football. Maybe he doesn’t even have hands? But he can be on an NFL roster every week playing the role of Lamar Jackson for that week’s opponent! 

Are you suggesting that Lamar Jackson can't play a lick of football, since a guy who can't play a lick of football would simulate him?

Given that LJax guy is QB'ing the league's leading offense at this point, if you are suggesting that, it would be hysterically....nah, it would just be stupid.

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

I’d give it to mckenzie.  He faster than jackson.  He’s harder to see than Jackson.  Stopping Jackson may be a breeze after stopping Mckenzie for a week 

LOL...he's almost a dwarf by comparison.

You can either simulate his speed or his size/strength, but not both.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, MJS said:

Jackson is slippery and elusive. He's not bowling people over. I'm not sure of the point on physicality. He is physically gifted. Is that what you mean?

More so just in comparison to Foster - to me, Jackson would seem to be the more physical runner, and have better change of direction ability. As such, Foster wouldn't be an accurate simulation at all in that case, but who knows.

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

McD says he is looking at the roster and there is still some time but somebody will be selected.

Who would you pick?

Image result for lamar jackson

Andre Roberts is what comes to my mind

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Are you suggesting that Lamar Jackson can't play a lick of football, since a guy who can't play a lick of football would simulate him?

Given that LJax guy is QB'ing the league's leading offense at this point, if you are suggesting that, it would be hysterically....nah, it would just be stupid.

NO! If he could play football too, he’d be Lamar Jackson. There’s only one of them!  I’m just talking about a way to get ready for his speed and agility....like Rocky chasing the chicken! 

Motor maybe? He’s definitely elusive and knows how to find a lane. 

5 minutes ago, Billzgobowlin said:

Andre Roberts is what comes to my mind

That’s a good one. 

• Like (+1) 1

Andre Roberts.

Not only is he fast but also a Top return man. 

He knows how to weave between blockers which is what you need if you're going to simulate Jackson.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

I’d give it to mckenzie.  He faster than jackson.  He’s harder to see than Jackson.  Stopping Jackson may be a breeze after stopping Mckenzie for a week 

No he isn't. Jackson ran a 4.34, McKenzie a 4.42

1 hour ago, Fan in San Diego said:

Bring in that San Fran QB , I forget his name

A) Every thread?

B) His running style is completely different from Jackson just as Allen's running style is different than either Kap or LJ.

LJ is a very tough guy to stimulate or simulate. There's never really been a QB THAT "elusive." Vick was faster, but even he wasn't quite as elusive. I'd prefer to NOT see McKenzie, Foster, or anyone on the active roster taking the time to do this because I don't think it would be all that productive. Much rather see their practice time dedicated to the offensive game plan. 

If Andre Roberts were super elusive or we had a super athletic guy stashed on the PS, it would be worth a shot. We'll see what happens, but just watch the tape and formulate a game plan. Anything else seems like a waste of time.

Edited by LSHMEAB

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

Hm.. is there any real reason to believe he’s faster? Cause Jackson might be the fastest guy in the NFL...