Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
HOUSE

Sean McDermott is looking for someone to simulate Lamar Jackson

Recommended Posts

I addition to trying to get someone to mimic Jackson, I like the idea of using 2-3 guys as Jackson on the same play, spaced out along the LOS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

My friend didnt run anywhere to catch her. He waited around the corner. 

 

Good purely hypothetical plan. 

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ctk232 said:

How do McKenzie and Foster simulate his size? Doubt it's close but wouldn't Tyree Jackson be a better option than those two? Hard to find anyone to match the size and change of direction agility/acceleration.

Tyree Jackson Really. Not even close. As another poster stated. McKenzie would be the close. Plan B would be Roberts or Foster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

When I first reading the title, I thought it said “stimulate” instead of simulate.  I immediately thought of Rachel Bush.

 

But you’re feeling better now, I assume. I mean...you are using your hands to type again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NewEra said:

Last I knew, they don’t run 40’s as scout team qbs.  I’ll take mckenzie being faster in short bursts which is what he’d be used for

 

I'm not sure about that. Have you seen Jackson accelerate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Protocal69 said:

Tyree Jackson Really. Not even close. As another poster stated. McKenzie would be the close. Plan B would be Roberts or Foster

I’m not advocating for bringing him back so much as saying how do either McKenzie or Foster simulate his size and ability? If any of them, Foster at least compares in size and speed but lacks the change of direction ability. 
 

Since we’re at it though, exactly in what ways does a 5’8” 178 lb McKenzie simulate a 6’2” 212 lb Jackson? Why is McD looking then if our roster has that many “Jacksons?” 
 

Really couldn’t care less if it’s Tyree or anyone at all frankly, but McKenzie? Mmkay. Roberts I could certainly see helping out here.

Edited by ctk232

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

 

I'm not sure about that. Have you seen Jackson accelerate?

Yes.  Have you seen mckenzie accelerate?  It’s the only reason he’s in the nfl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, HOUSE said:

McD says he is looking at the roster and there is still some time but somebody will be selected.

 

Who would you pick?

 

 

Image result for lamar jackson

 

 

Beasley

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

10 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

The answer is obviously Christian Wade

 

 

Oh, nice! Hadn't thought of him, and he's got the same type of terrific athletic ability. Best guess, IMO.

 

 

Edited by Thurman#1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, matter2003 said:

 

No he isn't. Jackson ran a 4.34, McKenzie a 4.42

Unofficial. Jackson didn't run at the combine. I'm sure Mckenzie has clocked 4.3s on a stop watch at some point also, the guy can fly.

I think id use a combo of players to represent Jackson at the same time. Have someone elusive like mckenzie running the ball, then have guys like barkley/webb standing at spots in backfield to throw the ball at times durring the same play. D would have to stop both of those players. Thats as close to simulating Jackson as I can think. No matter who we get to simulate his running, they wont be able to throw like him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Unofficial. Jackson didn't run at the combine. I'm sure Mckenzie has clocked 4.3s on a stop watch at some point also, the guy can fly.

I think id use a combo of players to represent Jackson at the same time. Have someone elusive like mckenzie running the ball, then have guys like barkley/webb standing at spots in backfield to throw the ball at times durring the same play. D would have to stop both of those players. Thats as close to simulating Jackson as I can think. No matter who we get to simulate his running, they wont be able to throw like him.

 

Yeah, that is true.  Jackson is just like an enigma.  He is going to be super effective until he gets really badly hurt and then it will be interesting to see how things change.  And make no mistake with him running as much as he does, that will happen at some point...whether its this year, next year or in 2 years, at some point he is going to be injured badly from exposing himself to taking hits like a running back.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The whole concept of "simulating Jackson" is silly , as there is no other such player in the league (size, speed, vision), let alone on the Bills.  Just try to recreate what may have been successful at times for other Defenses. 

 

Having tiny McKenzie running out of the backfield is a laugh.  If he was at all good at that, McD would actually use him for such in games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

 

 

 

Zo and Hughes.  Must be true.

 

4.53 40-time, not that fast.  But maybe he's got the agility.

 

On 12/3/2019 at 6:53 AM, matter2003 said:

 

Yeah, that is true.  Jackson is just like an enigma.  He is going to be super effective until he gets really badly hurt and then it will be interesting to see how things change.  And make no mistake with him running as much as he does, that will happen at some point...whether its this year, next year or in 2 years, at some point he is going to be injured badly from exposing himself to taking hits like a running back.

 

This is an open question, I don't know the answer: are running backs seriously injured more than other positions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.rochesterfirst.com/nfl/mccloud-is-bills-secret-weapon-against-lamar-jackson/

 

LOL John Brown and Rayray McCloud salty about which of them is the better passer

 

Edit:  Also, apparently Lamar Jackson must have lots o' cousins. 

-One played with Josh Allen at Reedley

-One roomed with McCloud

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/2/2019 at 9:53 PM, Protocal69 said:

Tyree Jackson Really. Not even close. As another poster stated. McKenzie would be the close. Plan B would be Roberts or Foster

 

Tyree Jackson is playing for the XFL.  DC Defenders.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...