• Pats
    • Saints
    • Vikings
    • Packers
    • Bills
    • Texans
    • Chiefs
    • Seahawks

NFC looks pretty strong w San Fran who are a missed 47 yard fg away from being undefeated.  They really hammered a good GB team last night.

in the afc I think it’s fair game for the Bills to be considered in the mix.  Limit mistakes offensively and the defense can shut any of those teams down

14 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Who ya got?

Is this which team is my favorite team .. that I want to win the Super Bowl .. or the team that should be favored to win the Super Bowl. If the first .. then we have some rebels in our midst .. if the later we have some delusional folks in our midst.  The Bills have been better than expected. I figured they would go 8-8 and now I am looking at 9-7 with a hope for 10-6.  Would love to be wrong, but as of now .. the favorites have to be NE and Baltimore. Having stated that Go Bills ... as I would love to be wrong.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Patriots will win it all again by handing off 41 times and watching the other team self-destruct

Hopefully by then teams will learn how to block on punts.

it also can’t hurt if more commentators show just how bad the ref’s blow calls for the Pats late in the game to help NE win.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I said 9ers, but I can't help but wonder if the Seahawks are the better choice... I trust Russ more than Jimmy. 

In the AFC, I don't think the Patriots are going to be able to ride Brady's arm (could be wishful thinking). Lamar is still an unknown to me and damn if I wasn't wrong about him- they might be the cream of the crop. I expect the Chiefs to surge, but I don't know how I feel about Andy Reid after December. 

Packers seem to have been exposed. Saints worry me as they're working hard to win what should be easy games. The NFC L-East is garbage (coming from someone who had Eagles pegged as a SB team in August) 

So I would say 49ers or Seahawks vs. Ravens or Chiefs. 

33 minutes ago, buffalover4life said:

Bills currently sit at 66-1 odds. pretty decent bet for a team that has a pretty clear route to the playoffs

your odds plummet drastrically if you are playing WC weekend and don't  have a major legit excuse...

like Emmitt Smith held out the first two weeks on a contact dispute

Ben R was out the first 6 weeks from a bike crash

Mahomes missed a few games, but is back now

Just now, TheFunPolice said:

I just hope BAL and KC are not 2 and 3

I want NE to have 2 real games not a divisional game vs Tennessee or Houston where it's like a 2nd bye

I would hate to see KC and BAL beat each other up while NE has Tannehill to deal with

it's the reward for getting HFA all playoffs.... that cushy divisional weekend win at home

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Is this which team is my favorite team .. that I want to win the Super Bowl .. or the team that should be favored to win the Super Bowl. If the first .. then we have some rebels in our midst .. if the later we have some delusional folks in our midst.  The Bills have been better than expected. I figured they would go 8-8 and now I am looking at 9-7 with a hope for 10-6.  Would love to be wrong, but as of now .. the favorites have to be NE and Baltimore. Having stated that Go Bills ... as I would love to be wrong.

You're catching on quickly as to how this place operates.  Many here can't make the distinction you outline.

• Like (+1) 1

Baltimore has be the favorite in the AFC, followed by NE. The Patriots are probably the only 10-1 team in history be called “average to poor team” lol.

in the NFC i day the 49ers just made a statement that they are for real and their #1 threat be the Saints.

my guess the SB:

Pats V 49ers

the NFL would love it and want that game. 

Saints. They've got the experience, the coach, the QB, and the offensive weapons to do it. They also have a better defense than they usually do.

Jimmy G and L. Jackson will choke in the playoffs because of their lack of experience and the uptick in speed and intensity that they aren't used to.

Edited by MJS

2 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Patriots will win it all again by handing off 41 times and watching the other team self-destruct

Boy, I really hope not, but you are correct about one thing. It sure seems like every time the Patriots play a decent team in a pivotal game their opponent always seems to self destruct. They beat us on a blocked punt for a TD and yesterday against the Cowboys again they blocked a punt that led to their only scoring drive, a whole 12 yards worth which was the only TD by either team. They sure seem to have won a number of games this year by not really doing much themselves just sitting back and waiting for the other team to beat themselves.