Can the Detractors Now Admit Allen's Growth?

H2o

Congrats he played well against the !!!!!!  team in football. 

Do it again next week. And then play well the week after, and then the week after that. 

If you you can only beat teams that are bad you won’t win much. 

Great game by the offense, do it again. 

[Moderator Edited]

3 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

Congrats he played well against the shittiest team in football. 

Do it again next week. And then play well the week after, and then the week after that. 

It hardly seems reasonable let alone fair that a QB can only suck against an inferior team. He can get any amount of blame but he can get no credit. 

3 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

Congrats he played well against the shittiest team in football. 

I don't think this is a thread about "Is Josh Allen a franchise QB."  It's more of a thread about "Do you see improvement in Josh Allen."

Personally, I see lots of improvement in Josh on some things.  I also see a lot of areas where Josh needs to improve upon.  The kid was never going to be Mahomes in his second season.  There are people here that simply refuse to think Josh ever might be good.  There are people in the media that also refuse to think that.  The kid needs time.  While I would love to see him be Brady this year, people need to be patient. As long as there is growth, which there is, then he has a chance.  It's just not as fast as people want it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

It hardly seems reasonable let alone fair that a QB can only suck against an inferior team. He can get any amount of blame but he can get no credit. 

Did I not say great game?

They played well against a bad team. 

Do it again next week and the week after. 

Consistency, that’s what I am looking for. 

19 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Man O Man.

I don't think Wentz sucks, but if there is such a thing as a clutch gene, he doesn't have it. 

Those erratic throws on the last possession were brutal. Not talking about the throw to Agholor. Talking about the gimmies he missed once they got within striking distance of the EZ. Awful.

It seems possible to me that the difference that extra fraction of a second of protection makes for a QB is under-appreciated.

I see games like this as a sort of lose lose in the Allen is going to be better than Jim Kelly argument.  If Allen plays well you’ll just here why can’t he play like that against the Patriots?  If he stinks then you’ll just here he’s so bad he can’t even beat the Dolphins.

Im still not 100% sold on Josh yet but can’t deny he played well today 

17 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

McDs thoughts I'm sure.  

It was refreshing for one game anyway, to see a higher number of plays executed with success.

Something to build on perhaps...

32 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

I didn’t really mean you specifically. But it’s as if you and others are saying great or good BUT...  versus great or good AND I would like to see consistency...

Just now, HappyDays said:

Neither of these statements is true. They are on a 2 game winning streak and Reshad Jones was playing. 

They beat the Jets and the Colts starting their 3rd string qb.  They traded Fitzpatrick (in line to be DPOY), didn’t have Howard, and a 2 other cbs.  

I’m glad he played well.  But Miami is dog crap.  Kinda silly to overrate it.  But hopefully, the confidence will lead to good performance against good teams. 

but 7-3 is 7-3

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Kelly the Dog said:

This was the first game in Allen's entire two years that he got consistent good pass blocking. And he had four TDs, no sacks, no turnovers, and we scored 37 points. Yes, the Fins stink and that was a big point. But it is an equal point that he gets crappy blocking a lot. He got great blocking for the first time and played very well, more confident, more efficient, etc. 

small point of order, the Fins were on their  way to salvaging a lower draft pick in the draft before they ran into the buzzsaw today—Do they still stink—sure, compared to the top of the division, of course. But Fitzy had them playing to win the last couple weeks before today. 

• Like (+1) 3

41 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It seems possible to me that the difference that extra fraction of a second of protection makes for a QB is under-appreciated.

Fair enough, but the egregiously errant crucial passes on the final drive were not overly rushed. They were made from a clean pocket by NFL standards.

Again, I'm not referring to the desperation heave to Aghalor. 

I'm not sure if you watched the final drive, but I put those particular throws on the QB.

Certainly not disputing that those extra few seconds alter throws nor am I dismissing the role solid protection plays for a QB's rhythm/timing/production.

2 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Fair enough, but the egregiously errant crucial passes on the final drive were not overly rushed. They were made from a clean pocket by NFL standards.

Again, I'm not referring to the desperation heave to Aghalor. 

I'm not sure if you watched the final drive, but I put those particular throws on the QB.

Certainly not disputing that those extra few seconds alter throws nor am I dismissing the role solid protection plays for a QB's rhythm/timing/production.

I saw the final drive and thought he was pressured.  There might have been a couple where he had more time but “heard footsteps”.  

At this point I’d have to watch it again to see which of us remembers it right

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Today was probably his best game. 

I don't think anyone sensible would dispute there has been progress from last year. That said, in the same way as nobody was asking to bench him last week nobody should be crowning him this week. 

This was a very encouraging performance now we need to see that consistency game to game. 

This

4 hours ago, H2o said:

Against a team he was supposed to put up good numbers against, Allen comes through.

Stat line: 21-33 for 256 yards and 3 TD'S

7 carries for 56 yards and 1 TD

7.8 yards per att and 117.7 rtg

He was calm in the pocket, went to his 2nd and 3rd read, put a lot of passes right on the money so the WR could get YAC, beat the blitz on a number of occasions, used his legs when the opportunity presented itself, and he didn't throw an INT for the 5th straight game. The young man is growing as a QB and that should be evident to all. :thumbsup:

Not a "detractor" but maybe his best overall game?  Is there a correlation with Daboll also calling a good game?  Stay upstairs Brian.

• Like (+1) 3