Can the Detractors Now Admit Allen's Growth?

H2o

35 minutes ago, Chemical said:

I mean sure, the "detractors" can admit when he has a good game. I see no reason why not.

Can you admit when he has a bad one? Or is "detractor" just another term for someone who doesn't pretend they don't see the bad games/throws?

Except that is not what is happening.......when he is bad....ppl are saying he had a bad game....how about when he does good and bad things in a win?   Can we make that distinction and not just say he sucks?

Even the detractor's can admit today was probably his best game of the season.

52 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I mean no one is calling for him to be benched, but many are waiting for that signature game. This isn't it.

Beat Denver and then go play well on the road vs Dallas.

What about his 5 TD game last year? Pretty signature, if you ask me. So why are you still waiting for that?

1 minute ago, Wayne Arnold said:

He had a good bounce back game against a bad team.

Let's see him keep it going before we crown him.

Who is even crowning him.....I just want to see him improve over the course of the season.

Credit to yu for being here bit there are some that think admitting he had a good game reflects on them personally or something.  

Miami is bad....but was at home coming off a 2 game winning streak....and this game was NEVER close......Allen had 4 touchdowns...no interceptions

lets call it what it is...his best game of the season.

51 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I mean no one is calling for him to be benched, but many are waiting for that signature game. This isn't it.

Trust the process.  If this is how he is playing after a couple dozen starts, things are progressing nicely.  

I think he is showing good progress considering how raw he was coming in and considering also that he's not really playing in a good offence. Daboll has put a lot on his shoulders and calls a fair number of low percentage head scratchers . He's made productive use of Brown, who is a good WR but not exactly Julio or AJ Green. Beasley is a decent slot receiver. Singletary and Knox are coming along but they are rooks. And that's about it. Bills will get him more weapons next year, like a few more quality wideouts (including a big one).

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, LEBills said:

You’ll never get it here my friend. While there are many, like me that agree with you, some here like being party poopers too much.

But you know what’s up, Allen has done a good job in year 2. That’s all that matters.

I don't think it's party poopers as much as they were against drafting Allen, so the most important thing for them is to show everyone they were right.

I tend to also think this accuracy is rather overblown.  He's completing just over 60% of his passes.  So how many more completions per game should he have to not have perceived accuracy issues. Five??   Assuming he averages 30 pass attempts per game adding 5 completions would put him in the 75% range.  Two more per game and he'd about 67%  and top 10, three more per game and in the top 5 rankings.  Realistically two more passes per game would be enough and how many times are those two passes going to change the outcome of the game.  Improve their WR group in the off season may easily get him there. 

Allen did a very nice job today.  Anyone who isn’t yet sold on him isn’t going to be swayed by a win over a terrible Miami team though.  But they should acknowledge that he did what he needed to do to get the win today.  That’s not nothing.  Now let’s all (believers and  non-believers Alike) hope he keeps it up. If he does, then he’ll change some minds.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, H2o said:

Against a team he was supposed to put up good numbers against, Allen comes through.

Stat line: 21-33 for 256 yards and 3 TD'S

7 carries for 56 yards and 1 TD

7.8 yards per att and 117.7 rtg

He was calm in the pocket, went to his 2nd and 3rd read, put a lot of passes right on the money so the WR could get YAC, beat the blitz on a number of occasions, used his legs when the opportunity presented itself, and he didn't throw an INT for the 5th straight game. The young man is growing as a QB and that should be evident to all. :thumbsup:

Josh is in a very tough position.  Anti-Allen Twitter will consistently find a reason to knock him down a peg.

The bottom line is that Allen is already more successful than they predicted.  He also has been showing growth this year - whether the growth is enough to make a significant difference at QB is the question.

In all fairness, Josh has made it difficult on himself.  After a great performance, he’ll sometimes revert back to bad habits as he did in Cleveland.  Overall it’s that consistently that is missing with him.  But I thought today was an encouraging.

I think it’s clear that running more running plays to Singletary will help Allen’s effectiveness

59 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He played pretty damn good today- lets enjoy and hope he keeps getting better.

27 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

It's not just today, though.

In the last 6 games since the NE game Allen has 10 passing TDs, 1 INT along with 4 rushing TDs and 1 lost fumble.

So in 6 games, Allen has accounted for 14 TDs and 2 Turnovers.

I don’t think just fact he threw 3 ints bs the Pats he finally got the message. I think what did it was he looks up to Brady and when Brady said postgame that even though things weren’t going well HE was NOT going to be the reason that they lose by turning the ball over in a close game. I think that really stuck with Allen.

26 minutes ago, Curt said:

I'm one of Allen's skeptic but I was extremely pleased with him Today. I want him to be successfull. I don't want to be right. I want him to be a top 10 QB in the NFL.

same here.  We all want the Bills to win.  Allen played very well today, but I'm not saying I've seen much improvement in year 2.  More games like this against better opponents will change my mind, and I hope they happen! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I don't think it's party poopers as much as they were against drafting Allen, so the most important thing for them is to show everyone they were right.

I tend to also think this accuracy is rather overblown.  He's completing just over 60% of his passes.  So how many more completions per game should he have to not have perceived accuracy issues. Five??   Assuming he averages 30 pass attempts per game adding 5 completions would put him in the 75% range.  Two more per game and he'd about 67%  and top 10, three more per game and in the top 5 rankings.  Realistically two more passes per game would be enough and how many times are those two passes going to change the outcome of the game.  Improve their WR group in the off season may easily get him there. 

How many screens, swing passes, dump offs, jet sweep passes, or WR screens did he throw today? One? two? Those are the plays that QBs complete that get their perecentages way up. 

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Absolutely. Denver next week at home is a game you have to win regardless of your remaining schedule.

Your playing a kid making his 3rd start , in a stadium that should be electric , in conditions that should be difficult. Yup , gotta win that one

Plus it is hard for a West Coast team coming east- waking up at 8 am is like waking up at 5 am. Playing at 1 am is like playing at 10 am. Another nice lil advantage.

54 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

I like Allen and I'm pretty optimistic that we got our guy.  That said, nobody is going to change their mind over a big game against a bottom-feeder.  He'll have plenty of opportunities over the next six* weeks to show how far he's come.

* Really ten weeks of course.

Yes, but the only stat I care about is the W.......there will be some difficult moments in the next 6 weeks, but, I am thinking the playoffs are feasible and the Bills are favorite to make it to the wild card game.  (Maybe even at home!)