Can the Detractors Now Admit Allen's Growth?

H2o

3 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

Seems like it could be agreed that he has improved over last year, needs to continue to improve and is not a finished product.

The idiots are the ones that hold a position that he is a bust or a franchise QB.  The jury is out for the majority of fans.

I don't think those people are idiots but people get emotional and post.

The way Allen plays week in week out leads to these opinions. He has been Consistently inconsistent. I understand having patience yes. I understand him having a bad game and thinking thats the real him. 

The jury is still out for me as he needs to be judged over more time, but I know I feel different about allen depending on what he does from game to game. 

2 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Yes. That doesn't convince me the previous games were "good outings." This was.

2 TD'S 0 picks is nice if you're consistently moving the ball down the field; which he did today. For all the talk of lack of rushes, part of that is by virtue of not making enough plays to keep drives alive; again, he did that today.

Are you telling me those outings were the building blocks for today? That the Cleveland game signaled progress? I would say that's incorrect. I would say the whole mentality shift from "'let's not mess up" to "let's go ball out" was key.

The last line I agree with completely, but that is not Josh's fault. I also do not at all think he had five straight poor or subpar games. 

10 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

^nah nothing clicked. They weren’t out there celebrating tds crazy or super hyped. Just the better team taking out the lesser one, happens most every Sunday

You think they'd have been running up-tempo with a ten point lead and 11 minutes left in the 4th QTR if there wasn't a concerted effort to be more aggressive? 

I'm guessing no.

Just now, LSHMEAB said:

You think they'd have been running up-tempo with a ten point lead and 11 minutes left in the 4th QTR if there wasn't a concerted effort to be more aggressive? 

I'm guessing no.

That was completely unexpected and unusual though. They were predictable, boring, and not being aggressive most all of the game. They ran on first down almost every series. They didn't look downfield. 

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

That was completely unexpected and unusual though. They were predictable, boring, and not being aggressive most all of the game. They ran on first down almost every series. They didn't look downfield. 

Yeah they did come back from their last score and go run run pass. Could of mixed it up a little run pass run/pass(situational) or pass run run/pass(situational) it seemed awfully predictable on that series.

1 hour ago, Boca BIlls said:

Wait 1 game? I want consistency... EVERYONE wants consistency. ***** people put up these attack threads over 1 game, its pathetic.

Sweet. Here's some consistency-only qb in NFL with 2 tds in each of last 5 or 6 games.  0 ints in last 5 games. So...putting up tds and not throwing picks. Not bad in year 2

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Yes. That doesn't convince me the previous games were "good outings." This was.

2 TD'S 0 picks is nice if you're consistently moving the ball down the field; which he did today. For all the talk of lack of rushes, part of that is by virtue of not making enough plays to keep drives alive; again, he did that today.

Are you telling me those outings were the building blocks for today? That the Cleveland game signaled progress? I would say that's incorrect. I would say the whole mentality shift from "'let's not mess up" to "let's go ball out" was key.

The last sentence is likely the case here today. Every game regardless of outcome is part of the learning process for athletes in general, so yes all those lack luster games are indeed part of Allen’s learning curve. 

I sure do hope this level of offensive output is now the new normal. Anyways, it was a good outing for the team, now the pressure ramps up for the rest of the season, we shall see what we shall see, going forward.

Go Bills!!!

I think the problem with Allen has been the decision to hold him back and not loose games. They need to let the kid sling that rock and take their lumps. If they do that the reward out weighs the risk. 

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Until you know 100% that you have your franchise quarterback, I think it is idiotic not to keep drafting them so you increase your chances.

But why keep drafting QBS when we already have one? That seems like a wasted draft pick to me unless it’s in the 6th to 7th round. I hear Gms say that drafting qbs high every year is good business I don’t see it that way I see it as your drafting for the sake of it and that to me is wasting draft picks. Our QB room is fine, let’s all appreciate the fact that we got Allen which behind Lamar Jackson is the best QB in last years draft. Neither Darnold, Mayfield or Rosen seem to be helping there teams especially Rosen. Statistically Rosen Darnold and Mayfield are garbage this season

• Like (+1) 1

Progress for me is stringing performances like these together. He had a few good games last year too, but it's not consistent. Basically stuck back in the Fitz mode of just waiting for this to be the norm. Hopefully it does, but we will see next week. 

22 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I'm guessing no.

Not a lot different today than in games past but people have a hard time seeing a 17 week season rather than a bunch of 1 game variables 

I’m a big Allen fan and believer, was even on draft night.  But I am going to be unbiased here.  

A thread like this is just as silly as a bash thread after one bad game.  I mean Allen and the offense were coming off a subpar performance, so seems premature to do a I told you so thread after beating up on a weak opponent this week.  

Keeping perspective:  1 game - vs a very bad team missing it’s 2 remaining best defensive players due to injury.  

Thrilled to see Allen and the offense have a great game.  But also not really a “I told you so” game either when we did what was expected of us.  

That being said, Allen has definitely progressed, and to me that was obvious even before this game today.  We got a much tougher schedule ahead of us, so let’s hope they build on today’s strong performance and keep growing.

Excited to see how he and this team performs down the stretch during the tough parts of our schedule.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

57 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

How many screens, swing passes, dump offs, jet sweep passes, or WR screens did he throw today? One? two? Those are the plays that QBs complete that get their perecentages way up. 

Agree, I wonder if you only looked at passes from say 8 to 20 yards how his completion percentage would compare.