Take Vincent Taylor off the practice squad. Activate him.

10 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

To me, SM has been slow to use players that have reasonable odds of being useful on the 53, D Williams, and now this kid from Miami, why? I have no idea, maybe some of you can shed some light on this reluctance. 

Go Bills!!!

Hate to answer a question with a question, but how much have you watched Taylor play/practice? I'm gonna guess the answer is either not much or none. The coaches see these guys in practice, everyday. My guess is they have a better idea who is more ready to contribute. If Taylor isn't showing it in practice, he shouldn't be on the 53. There's a reason it took Duke a while to be promoted. He's not that good and hasn't been much of an upgrade. That's probably the case with Taylor. If he shows better than a starter, he'll be promoted. 

22 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Hate to answer a question with a question, but how much have you watched Taylor play/practice? I'm gonna guess the answer is either not much or none. The coaches see these guys in practice, everyday. My guess is they have a better idea who is more ready to contribute. If Taylor isn't showing it in practice, he shouldn't be on the 53. There's a reason it took Duke a while to be promoted. He's not that good and hasn't been much of an upgrade. That's probably the case with Taylor. If he shows better than a starter, he'll be promoted. 

all coaches on occasion have been their own worst enemy, we have all seen this to be true.

13 hours ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

He’s got a legit highlight video from his limited time at Miami. He’s was mentioned a few times for showcasing potential in a short amount of time.

Hes gotta get the nod soon.

https://youtu.be/JQ812iQyAUs

Don't know how well this guy fits in McD's scheme, but it was impressive to see a guy with so much ballast keep up with Marshawn

6 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Some people are flaming me for this, but I'm not alone in the concern. McD has prioritized off-the-field matters when making roster decisions in the past, and the fact is that when they activated Peko, he talked about how gratifying it was to be able to call him up because of what his family had been through. I'm not just throwing stuff against the wall here.

There is zero doubt in my mind that the effect on Peko's family immediately comes to mind when McD thinks about going in a different direction, and that means it is affecting the decision-making process.

Not trying to be confrontational, but I have a few questions as it seems you are doubling-down with your assertions. Can you cite others who share your concern? McD is known to place a premium on character guys who will fit into "the process", and certainly Peko is a feel-good story, but what else would McD say upon his call-up?

The effect on Peko's family is coincidental to his call up, but I disagree with your cause/effect opinion per "McD going in a different direction". An immediate need was created when H Phillips went down with a torn ACL. Next man up, and it happened to be Peko. There is a reason why people in this thread are clamoring for V Taylor to be promoted. My last question is how can you prove "the effect on Peko's family" is "affecting the decision-making process?". If this is truly the case, I'd be questioning McD's judgment. 

17 hours ago, Captain Murica said:

This was in  an article I found on Taylor

from October 2018. 

Taylor produced 12 run stops on just 89 run-defense snaps, resulting in a run-stop percentage of 13.5 percent, the best mark ever recorded by a defensive tackle.

Damm, if 13.5% is the best, can't imagine the worst!

17 hours ago, msw2112 said:

The reasoning by everyone in this post makes sense.  But with Practice Squad guys like Taylor, I wonder:  if Taylor is such a dominant run stopper, which most (if not all) teams need, why is he sitting on the Bills' Practice Squad?  Why hasn't another team that knows of his run-stuffing prowess added him to their 53?  If folks here were saying "he's not that great, but he's the best option that we have," I would understand it better.  That's not what most of the above posts are saying.

But OP read somewhere, no clue where, but he read somewhere that Taylor was the best DL for Phins and was released for some unknown reason(s).  What more could you need?!?  If that doesn't convince you then nothing will!!

17 hours ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

He’s got a legit highlight video from his limited time at Miami. He’s was mentioned a few times for showcasing potential in a short amount of time.

Hes gotta get the nod soon.

https://youtu.be/JQ812iQyAUs

4 hours ago, GG said:

Don't know how well this guy fits in McD's scheme, but it was impressive to see a guy with so much ballast keep up with Marshawn

He's definitely a big boy with some juice. A few of those highlights he had were playing against Gabe Jackson who has been a pretty good G in this league. It can't hurt to give him a shot. The defense misses HP a bunch right now on the interior. Taylor looks like he could play the 1 to me and he has some athleticism. 

5 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

I am pretty sure of two things:

1.  If they thought he'd be an upgrade, they'd have him on the active roster

2.  Few if any of us here have seen the kid play, so it's puzzling why we think he'd be the guy

The coaches said it's fundamentals and screw ups on that which caused the problems this past Sunday, and that they can address that this week.  Let's hope they're right.

Too bad we don’t have a real test this week. Would like to see if they fixed the fundamentals against a team they shouldn't’ be able to beat with back ups. 

5 hours ago, blacklabel said:

I think if they do bring Taylor up, it'll be on Saturday like how they did with Duke.

there is a chance.
But Peko would need to be nursing some injury or something.. not McD style.

one bad game doth not a player defineth

lol

• Like (+1) 1

Looks like SM was quicker about activating Taylor than some thought he wood be, (to include me) good move by SM! 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, TC in St. Louis said:

He played well.  Had a tackle for loss.  

It's great to see us flip Dolphin throwaways into gems.

I'm sure there are some pissed fans out there seeing Phillips get his 6th sack today. That's pretty damn impressive for a DT at mid season.

Edited by Real McCoy

I was surprised they released Peko.
But i am all aboard the Taylor and Phillips Train. I like these big guys up front who can hustle.

Star must know he is on a short leash for a next season retain. i saw him miss a play and the run back to make a play. had to laugh.
love seeing Bills adjust, and for the better i feel.
Go Taylor !

1 minute ago, Real McCoy said:

I great to see us flip Dolphin throw aways into gems. 

I'm sure there are some pissed fans out there seeing Phillips get his 6th sack today. That's pretty damn impressive for a DT at mid season.

He seems to have found his Home eh ?

Plays with passion as well !

• Awesome! (+1) 1