Week#9 Thread Bills vs. Redskins

Chandler#81

3 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Woke up today feeling much more confident in the bills chances Sunday. 

I didn't. I haven't woke from last weeks home embarrassment. it's looking like the only real advantage they may have is some unknown rookie starting that can't read a playbook. that should play out well if they beat them then they can say they beat a 1-7 team with an incompetent rookie QB, wow, big deal.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

1 hour ago, Chicken Boo said:

I'm more confident in this team vs Haskins than Keenum, that's for sure.

If the defense doesn't dominate this rookie, I will be disappointed.  I want to see a "Belichick vs rookie QB- like" drudging.

Have any QBs looked good against the Bills this year other than Fitz and his lucky arm punts/yolo balls? Wentz played winning football but he didn’t have a big day on the stat sheet.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Have any QBs looked good against the Bills this year other than Fitz and his lucky arm punts/yolo balls? 

wentz looked pretty good last week. especially on those runs he had. but were certainly not talking about wentz here. if they don't expose this kid and make him look like the player he should be, an incompetent rookie, the bills are in trouble defensively.

• Like (+1) 3

50 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

wentz looked pretty good last week. especially on those runs he had. but were certainly not talking about wentz here. if they don't expose this kid and make him look like the player he should be, an incompetent rookie, the bills are in trouble defensively.

That’s true and Fitz also ran. Fitz success vs any D to me is always more of a fluke then a trend. He is not a guy you can game plan for. You can have a perfect game plan and he pulls the ***** out of the sky like 2x s year. The skins offense isn’t as dynamic as the eagles - and the OL isn’t as good either. They have talent in spots but it’s not going to be a fun day for them tomorrow in OP. The Bills D is healthy and want to avenge last week. I think the Bills D coaches kind of outthought themselves trying to prepare for all the layers of the eagles offense. Philly said the Sanders 65 yard run was a brand new play they installed ahead of the Bills game. Milano and edmunds made the wrong decision based on what they saw on film. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3

15 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Dude. Why? Like what’s the point?... other than to look like a butthole? 

I can promise you, because we’ve all discussed it, my crew of 15-20 people will drastically reduce our attendance if the bills change to a dome. 

BARF. 

20% of the stadium isn't showing up man. I have a buddy coming from Florida who connected through Baltimore and said the plane was PACKED with Redskin red. Our stadium is starting to get taken over by fans that actually don't mind the cold. 

14 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

The score had nothing to do with it. It was great 40 degree morning down in Indy. Crisp sharp air walking up to the stadium.... you walk through the doors and it feels like a freaking shopping mall. The game hadn’t started yet and I wanted no part of being inside the dome. hell, my wife can’t stand the cold and she agreed she’d rather not ever attend another inside game. 

I’m not trying to reinforce anything with idle threats. I’m telling you straight up if it goes to a dome will not be spending the money I do now, to enjoy a football game out in the crips open air, for seats in a shopping mall a stadium in the middle. Im not saying that I’ll stop attending all together. And they probably don’t care about little ole me. But I’m also telling you it isn’t just me with these thoughts. 

I was actually excited to see what the dome life was all about. It sucked.... a lot 

I agree with everything you are saying, but 20% of the stadium has been the opposite team's color like 3 times this year. What is going on, we aren't even in December yet and are 5-2. There are ways to build a dome that gives an open stadium feel. Minnesota has a big glass enclosure. Honestly, retractable roof might be the best thing for Buffalo, block the wind but still feel some of the elements. 

13 hours ago, Mr Info said:

I will make an assumption that 20-30% represents what has been on the market for a while for this game. Skins fans no longer travel much to follow their team but I will make another assumption that half these seats will be sold and the sellers (supposed Bills fans) show up when they cannot sell them. The result is a 85-90% crowd supporting the Bills. Seems good from what I have seen at other stadiums (re:Titans) in person or broadcast this year.

I thought the same thing but the two games I attended this year had a ton of opposing fans. Nothing like I've seen before or maybe I was just not paying attention. Last week was pathetic, team is 5-1, huge statement game, and the cheers for our team faltering were so loud. Ridiculous. Embarrassing. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Zo is just an amazing NFL story. 

His draft profile as a DT lists him at 289 with a 5.07 s 40-time

The Bills now list him as 247 but I think he may actually be a bit lighter, and he said his 40 time is now down in the mid-4s

Amazing story of a guy who loves playing football and who made up his mind to do what it takes to succeed, including completely re-shaping his physique and honing his physical abilities.  He credits his wife Manganique for helping him change his diet habits and he goes full bore into anything he thinks will help him recover and play at a high level, from compressive leg devices to deep acupuncture to hot yoga. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Elite Poster said:

20% of the stadium isn't showing up man. I have a buddy coming from Florida who connected through Baltimore and said the plane was PACKED with Redskin red. Our stadium is starting to get taken over by fans that actually don't mind the cold. 

I agree with everything you are saying, but 20% of the stadium has been the opposite team's color like 3 times this year. What is going on, we aren't even in December yet and are 5-2. There are ways to build a dome that gives an open stadium feel. Minnesota has a big glass enclosure. Honestly, retractable roof might be the best thing for Buffalo, block the wind but still feel some of the elements. 

Man....that  plane must have every skins fan that gonna be in attendance then, because I’ve seen a couple of their games while scrolling through the ticket and they can’t even get half their stadium full of their own fan base. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

12 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

It's definitely not having a defender ready to make a move on you while your QB runs toward the other side of the field in a designed rollout.

Smh the excuses people make are astounding. Brown is open even if the roll out is the opposite way. He has plenty of room behind him to be thrown even more open than he is. It’s a throw an nfl qb should be able to make, especially one with a strong arm like josh. 

Its like the people that defend a politician  when they say something dumb. Saying brown isn’t open even if the play design is to the right of the field(where brown is running to until he found an open spot in the zone) is just idiotic and blind homerism. You provide a clear example and people still deny it. It’s mindboggling. I said the same thing about ej and people tried to deny it happened even with video evidence. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Smh the excuses people make are astounding. Brown is open even if the roll out is the opposite way. He has plenty of room behind him to be thrown even more open than he is. It’s a throw an nfl qb should be able to make, especially one with a strong arm like josh. 

Nope. The LB is not fooled, ( he’s looking right at Allen before Brown even looks back) would jump the throw and be headed to the end zone. He was supposed to be drawn in by the run action to the weak side.  Then you’d be complaining about the “ horrible , stupid pick 6 “ that Josh threw there. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Nope. The LB is not fooled, ( he’s looking right at Allen before Brown even looks back) would jump the throw and be headed to the end zone. He was supposed to be drawn in by the run action to the weak side.  Then you’d be complaining about the “ horrible , stupid pick 6 “ that Josh threw there. 

It’s a play nfl qbs routinely make. A touch pass with a little air under it gets it to brown easily. Can even throw it behind him where there’s nobody within 10 yards because he stops his route in the open spot. The only player he needs to get the ball over is the D-Lineman 

• Haha (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

It’s a play nfl qbs routinely make. A touch pass with a little air under it gets it to brown easily. Can even throw it behind him where there’s nobody within 10 yards because he stops his route in the open spot. The only player he needs to get the ball over is the D-Lineman 

A “ touch pass” with a little air under it there is a nice juicy INT for that LB , and was exactly what he was hoping for. He had a great angle to jump it  and Brown wouldn’t have even seen it. Wise no throw by Josh. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

A “ touch pass” with a little air under it there is a nice juicy INT for that LB , and was exactly what he was hoping for. He had a great angle to jump it  and Brown wouldn’t have even seen it. Wise no throw by Josh. 

The lb that’s a couple yards under and behind? ?

Why can other nfl qbs make that throw all the time but with josh it’s excuse after excuse why he misses open receivers.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

The lb that’s a couple yards under and behind? ?

Why can other nfl qbs make that throw all the time but with josh it’s excuse after excuse why he misses open receivers.

No receiver was missed on this play. I’m sure there were many plays vs Eagles where Allen didn’t perform well or made a bad decision etc. This was not one of them . 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Man....that  plane must have every skins fan that gonna be in attendance then, because I’ve seen a couple of their games while scrolling through the ticket and they can’t even get half their stadium full of their own fan base. 

Exactly. Not saying that guy is lying but one of the worst fan bases in the NFL is going to follow their 1-7 team to ....Buffalo? in November?  

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Exactly. Not saying that guy is lying but one of the worst fan bases in the NFL is going to follow their 1-7 team to ....Buffalo? in November?  

More likely to be an episode of “Punked” then reality. I’m guessing maybe he is on the presidential committee for crowd size estimating. 

Edited by Locomark

1 hour ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Are you seriously suggesting that Allen should have thrown a "touch pass with a little air under it" on that SPECIFIC play?  I'm sorry but Allen Derangement Syndrome is real.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Are you seriously suggesting that Allen should have thrown a "touch pass with a little air under it" on that SPECIFIC play?  I'm sorry but Allen Derangement Syndrome is real.

The ball just needed to make it over the defensive lineman. So in other words not a straight line. Good god you people love to twist words to make it something it’s not. 

Simple things like leading a receiver and touch are completely lost on a lot of you people. Good thing none of you have anything to do with sports in general

Edit- I like Allen as our QB. I’m not saying he’s terrible or won’t ever be good. He’s good enough to win games now. But I’m not satisfied with good enough like most of the people on this board.  

I’m saying he has to work on things. One of them is making quick decisions. He doesn’t seem to trust what he’s seeing or second guesses and window of opportunity closes. It’s been happening since he got here and is getting worse. He has a strong arm, good enough accuracy and a very quick release  to make any throw on the field including the throw I’m talking about on this play. 

He will try to force a ball into coverage when running backwards and throwing off of his back foot but won’t force one in when he has his feet set and enough time time to throw.

Qbs in the nfl have to be able to make quick decision tight window throws. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

The ball just needed to make it over the defensive lineman. So in other words not a straight line. Good god you people love to twist words to make it something it’s not. 

Simple things like leading a receiver and touch are completely lost on a lot of you people. Good thing none of you have anything to do with sports in general

Edit- I like Allen as our QB. I’m not saying he’s terrible or won’t ever be good. He’s good enough to win games now. But I’m not satisfied with good enough like most of the people on this board.  

I’m saying he has to work on things. One of them is making quick decisions. He doesn’t seem to trust what he’s seeing or second guesses and window of opportunity closes. It’s been happening since he got here and is getting worse. He has a strong arm, good enough accuracy and a very quick release  to make any throw on the field including the throw I’m talking about on this play. 

Qbs in the nfl have to be able to make quick decision tight window throws. 

This guy.  LOL-

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

People said the same thing when I pointed out Trent, ej and tyrod were missing open receivers. Attack all you want but josh needs work. 

He does, but with his hero ball INT issues and the like, I’m okay with him not throwing late over the middle. Especially when rolling out. I’m sure the Bills have been coaching some discretion into his game. 

• Like (+1) 3

52 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Ball just needs to make it past the unblocked DL and delivered to the X. What’s so difficult about this throw?  The safety is moving to the right. Brown reads that and stops in the open zone.

D1B09CC4-AAC9-47D2-9C0D-6874DC91DDCE.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Ball just needs to make it past the unblocked DL and delivered to the X. What’s so difficult about this throw?  The safety is moving to the right. Brown reads that and stops in the open zone.

D1B09CC4-AAC9-47D2-9C0D-6874DC91DDCE.jpeg

Watch the replay that defender to the right isn't moving very fast and is watching Allen. When Allen looks Brown's way for a second look at what the defender does he was not open.

On 10/31/2019 at 11:03 PM, Chandemonium said:

I don’t know why, But it seems like we haven’t had a solid screen game since Chan’s offense for whatever reason. 

On 10/31/2019 at 11:05 PM, Dr. Who said:

I agree. It's puzzling and annoying, because it's proven as an effective counter against aggressive defenses.

I thought Chan was good at designing plays but poor at calling them.  I see reason for his recommendation to Bills.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

They might be following only because of Haskins. Giving themselves hope, only thing I can think of

1 hour ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

People said the same thing when I pointed out Trent, ej and tyrod were missing open receivers. Attack all you want but josh needs work. 

Retreating back to you being right about old bad QBs (as if it wasn't the consensus belief among a majority of bills fans back then, as if you deserve a pat on the back for it) is a goofy way to try and defend your point on a particular play, which much-more-in-depth analysis by a whole bunch of posters in this thread has demonstrated as incorrect and shallowly understood.

If you found this exact play from Trent Edwards tape, you'd still be wrong about the conclusion of THAT PLAY, for the same reasons.

It's a bad look to keep coming back to the idea that "you said the same thing about old bad QBs we used to have," as justification, as if that has any relevance to your lack of understanding of the reads on this play, and as if that was a unique take to have at the time. It earns you no clout. 

Edited by arcane
  • Like (+1) 1