Week#9 Thread Bills vs. Redskins

Chandler#81

Tidbit:

The #1 rated punter in the NFL is Washington's Tress Way.  His average punt is 50.2 and net is 45.0.

The 30th rated punter (avg of at least 2.5 punts per game) is our own Corey Bojorquez.  Corey averages 42.6 with a 35.1 net.

So if we punt 10 times, we would likely score a touchdown against ourselves, but of course this is all theoretical.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

It's likely another game that the Bills will struggle in and be up for grabs well into the 2nd half. ?

Its their MO and has been most this year. The others, one an OK win, the other they were blown out.

Edited by I am the egg man

12 hours ago, Socal-805 said:

WGR550’s Jeremy White, to show why the Bills lost. "After cutting the Eagles’ lead to four points with 9:44 remaining in the third quarter, the Bills’ offense ran 22 plays for 30 yards"

• 1st & 10 at PHI 43

(4:14 - 3rd) F.Gore up the middle to PHI 37 for 6 yards (F.Cox).

• 2nd & 4 at PHI 37

(3:35 - 3rd) F.Gore up the middle to PHI 29 for 8 yards (J.Mills).

• 1st & 10 at PHI 29

(3:02 - 3rd) (No Huddle, Shotgun) J.Allen pass short right to D.Singletary to PHI 27 for 2 yards (N.Gerry) [V.Curry]. Flat pass, caught at PHI 27.

• 2nd & 8 at PHI 27

(2:24 - 3rd) (Shotgun) J.Allen pass incomplete short right. Thrown away, receiver not open for screen pass.

• 3rd & 8 at PHI 27

(2:20 - 3rd) (Shotgun) J.Allen sacked at PHI 29 for -2 yards (B.Graham).

• 4th & 10 at PHI 29

(1:33 - 3rd) (Shotgun) J.Allen pass incomplete deep middle to J.Brown (R.Darby). Receiver and coverage at PHI 6, crossing from left.

==============================================================================================================

• 1st & 10 at BUF 38

(14:51 - 4th) (Shotgun) J.Allen pass incomplete short right to D.Williams. Thrown wide of receiver at BUF 44.

• 2nd & 10 at BUF 38

(14:46 - 4th) (Shotgun) J.Allen pass incomplete deep left to T.Kroft. Thrown wide of receiver at PHI 45.

• 3rd & 10 at BUF 38

(14:42 - 4th) (Shotgun) J.Allen pass incomplete deep right to J.Brown. Underthrown, receiver near sideline at PHI 44

====================================================================================================================

You might want to point out in this analysis how much time the Redskins O had the ball

In games we win, we get ineffective series.  That’s just gonna happen with our young offense.  Complementary football - if our O gets off the field, our D has to see to it that they get another chance sooner rather than later.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

It's likely another game that the Bills will struggle in and be up for grabs well into the 2nd half. ?

Its their MO and has been most this year. The others, one an OK win, the other they were blown out.

You’re welcome to leave and follow another team. In fact, consider yourself encouraged to.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

I haven't followed the Redskins too closely over the last few years since I've been told never to look directly into the sun...BUT....

There defense has some pretty recognizable names. Idk about their production, but I'm interested to see how we hold up against their DL (very curious to watch Montez Sweat since from what I have seen, he looks like a beast). 

As is often the case with a 3-4 defensive front, the interior LBs don't appear to be the most athletic, quick twitch type players. In fact, their LBs reminds me of the polar opposite of what we have here in Buffalo. I hope Daboll can try to exploit these match ups in the slot and force them into more nickel and dime looks, at which point they can smash Frank up the gut!

Josh Norman hasn't played up to his previously thought up status earned in Carolina...I think he can be had. Landon Collins is a beast against the run, though. 

I think it'll be a tough match up for Josh and Co. However, this is where your COORDINATOR puts you in a position to maximize your talent and exploit match ups. I hope he is done outsmarting himself and looks to find the best one v one plays he has. 

Edited by EmotionallyUnstable
  • Like (+1) 1

The Skins are soo disappointing the local sports shows are bypassing them to talk Nationals and Caps. 

The Skins don't even know   

possible pay wall...  https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/10/29/redskins-quarterback-situation-remains-disaster-two-years-after-kirk-cousins-left/ 

The WaPo

As a group, Washington’s quarterbacks have produced a 79.3 passer rating since Cousins departed for Minnesota last offseason. Only the Arizona Cardinals, New York Jets and Buffalo Bills have gotten worse performance from their quarterbacks over that span. However, all three of those teams have drafted, and are now starting, their potential young franchise quarterbacks.

“In all fairness, if we say hey, we are going to put Dwayne in there and see how he does, in some respects, he needs a little bit more work,” interim Redskins coach Bill Callahan said on Friday. “Time is invaluable where he can sit back and learn from quarterbacks like Case and Colt [McCoy] as well as players like Alex [Smith]. It is a fine line. We are trying to win games still. Our dynamic is tough, and it is challenging.”

Dwayne Haskins could start on Sunday, but questions remain about how ready he is

The Redskins' first-round rookie quarterback, who will start in Buffalo if Case Keenum doesn't clear the concussion protocol, has struggled to learn the team's playbook.

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Good call. I looked back at last week’s game release and it has the charging Buffalo 

Please NO.  the Deadskins throwbacks are hideous 

I don't want to seed that all game 

This is the first Standing Buffalo that I saw going back 5 games 

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

Love the throwback, but why can't the BLUE throwback be worn anymore?  It's been the white on white for several years now...very disappointing.

BTW, this will be the fifth different uniform the Bills have worn this year in as many home games.

McDermott: "We got to score points.  It's hard to win 7-6 in this league....we gotta score points"

There he said it himself...again.  Enough criticism that McDermott's philosophy isn't to score points, it's just playing ball control offense and defense.  He's not okay with low scoring games.

He wants to score.  

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

McDermott: "We got to score points.  It's hard to win 7-6 in this league....we gotta score points"

There he said it himself...again.  Enough criticism that McDermott's philosophy isn't to score points, it's just playing ball control offense and defense.  He's not okay with low scoring games.

He wants to score.  

Right. This idea that McD wants 9-7 football games is nonsense. The Bills absolutely want to score points. They don’t have great ability to do so at this point. They probably  believe that if they score at least 24 points, they will win at least ten games. They’re not there from a talent standpoint on offense, and some legitimate questions about the offensive coordinator have emerged. I’m sure McDs goal is to score points on offense, give up few on defense and put his D in advantageous situations by doing so. The numbers show they have a ways to go to get there. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/29/2019 at 8:25 AM, Dopey said:

Bills win, but I'm taking the skins at 10.5. I'd probably take the under too.

Changing my mind here. I think the loss to the Eagles and the fallout changes things a bit. I expect the defense to tighten up and fill the gaps better in the run game. That's what's been missing the last 2 games. The defense will give Josh and crew plenty of short fields and opportunities to put up points.  

Bills 38

Skins 13

• Like (+1) 2