Van Noy Hit On Barkley

ngbills

15 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Two points:

1. It was cheap 

2. what would happen if it were a Bills defensive player that did that to Brady?  Fine? Suspension? Personal, hysterical call from Goodell?

Brady has a magic shield around him, he was touched twice in the game?

Fouts roared "BRADY GOT HIT RIGHT THERE BY OLIVER!"

and the replay was a decent tackle and Tom's backside landed on Oliver and then the turf.

that's all folks...

2 hours ago, TroutDog said:

It’s a testament to who the Pats* are. There is no reason to hit a guy in the back like that. Pathetic. 

Edit: legal or illegal, it’s wrong to hit a guy in the back. There’s a reason that rule exists. For a QB, particularly, it seems inherently scummy. 

They don't care!! They'll do ANYTHING to win!! And Marv used to preach "playing with class". Belichick don't give a !@#$ about playing with class

5 minutes ago, row_33 said:

and the replay was a decent tackle and Tom's backside landed on Oliver and then the turf.

that's all folks...

That tackle on Brady was pretty ruthless by nfl refs standards. Surprised he wasn't flagged. 

This hit was not legal.

It was in a players back, when he was defenseless. 

It is a protected position.

It was not part of the play.

Showed intent to injure imo.

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

At that point in the game the pats were legit worried they were going to lose

That is when they need the MOST protection from the refs

Exactly. Barkley goes out band it is game over as we dont have a QB left.

27 minutes ago, row_33 said:

that's all folks...

Brady needs to get hit more.  That is all.

1 hour ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Brady needs to get hit more.  That is all.

The Bills owe Jones and Van Noy some licks. Take care of each other if the league won't. 

When it comes down to it, though, these guys expect to be hit. It's football and they've been playing their whole lives. The fans whine about hits more than the players do.

I told a coworker last week I might not watch since I knew the Pats* would take a big shot at Allen if it was close game in the 4th. To me Van Noys hit was more evidence that the Pats told their players to take out our QB if given chance. My wife has all but forbidden me from watching Bills/Pats* since I get so pissed at the lack of class and decency from them.

I’m not saying a blitzing linebacker should fall into brady’s Knee, but it’s football and those things happen.  A pocket passer should expect that.  

Van Noy

Jones

Gronk

et cetera, it’s time for buffalo to get a little payback.

(I know McDermott would never do this though)

4 hours ago, TroutDog said:

It’s a testament to who the Pats* are. There is no reason to hit a guy in the back like that. Pathetic. 

Edit: legal or illegal, it’s wrong to hit a guy in the back. There’s a reason that rule exists. For a QB, particularly, it seems inherently scummy. 

If it’s not against the rules, they will do it!

And if it IS against the rules, they will probably do it anyway. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, frogger said:

I’m not saying a blitzing linebacker should fall into brady’s Knee, but it’s football and those things happen.  A pocket passer should expect that.  

Van Noy

Jones

Gronk

et cetera, it’s time for buffalo to get a little payback.

(I know McDermott would never do this though)

It would be best if this didn’t happen during a TV timeout, but........?‍♂️

I suppose there will be a replay, right? 

(I dread the guy who takes this too seriously!) 

5 hours ago, ChattanoogaBills said:

Meh not that big a deal... Biggest thing i see is Yeldon stutters too long with a fake block allowing the defender to have a better chance recovering. Seems as if Yeldon just blows past him without hesitating it would've been a easy td catch.

Actually its more of a smart play by van noy. If Barkley was an intended receiver then that kept him from running his route. 

Im always erked by how a defensive player will just let a wr/te/fb cross their face at the los without knocking them on their butt. Seriously if the player makes no attempt to block you then he must have a bigger responsibility (i.e. key block or route) in making the play successful.

Pats are just well coached smh....

Spider yk banana is a prime example. Everytime the defender lets the fb/te fake a block and release in the flat while the defender seems to think he can get to the qb who is 6-8 yards away before the qb throws the very player who ran by him the ball.

No it’s not. It’s dirty. Van Noy is a dirty player. Hope the Bills beat the heck out of him legally with punishing blocks. Guys need an attitude adjustment. 

5 hours ago, Say When... said:

on the tweet from LegalZebras - Protections for the passer are because he is in a vulnerable position. A backward pass doesn't nullify the protections, and having long since released the ball, has every expectation that he is out of play

you should probably brush up on the rules.

There's an argument that Barkley became a blocker after the pass as he stood between the ball carrier and the defender.  You don't have to face the defender to be a blocker.