Post your crybaby thoughts here ONLY.

Chandler#81

28 minutes ago, mattynh said:

I dont agree, sure that was a penalty but when you consider the down and distance on a key third down and that occured close to the marker you can understand why that hit occurs.  If that was on gores head, I dont believe there would be a call.   I know others will not agree with what I just said. But the other thing is if Josh continues to run like a RB then we will continue to see him missing time on the field.   He needs to throw for first downs rather than run for them. I like the competitiveness, the desire to win at all costs, but the costs will be high when he is lost for the season on one of these plays.

The defensive player loaded up and delivered a blow to the head. He even stayed like that well after the play flexing. Go back and look at it. That type of play should sepercede any other penalties and be enforced. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

What “never”?

Even the situation aside....there were obvious facemask calls missed etc. 

It’s very simple.  If the league wants fans to watch the game and believe it’s a fair game, they have to put a limit on the “superstar treatment” and step up their game to treat all players at a position more equitably.

Otherwise you get these unwatchable blowouts that only the diehard fans of that specific team can enjoy and the TVs get shut off.

You are right but I can't get mad at officiating today. The Bills beat themselves. The zebras didn't beat them.

10 minutes ago, ChasBB said:

Allen needs to stop trying to be a hero - both running and passing.  Once he figures that out, he may have a good career.  This was the type of game that could have been won simply by not making dumb mistakes with the football.  Punt and live for the next drive - don't make (needless) desperate throws.  Not giving up on Allen by any means, but if doesn't start to play smarter football, he's not going to last.  I hate to see such a fine defensive effort wasted by a special teams blunder and Allen being careless with the football - it is inexcusable and has to be fixed and fast.

I feel like he wanted to be the hero today and lead his team to victory against the hated cheatriots. He made mistakes all young QBs make. He'll be ok.

Just now, GunnerBill said:

You are right but I can't get mad at officiating today. The Bills beat themselves. The zebras didn't beat them.

I am def. angry about the milquetoast “offsetting penalties” for a helmet to helmet that knocked out our QB.

Of course I agree with you that the Bills beat themselves, but the NFL needs to quit with the waffling and decide whether or not helmet to helmet on a player already in the grasp matters to them

2 minutes ago, BaaadThingsMan said:

The defensive player loaded up and delivered a blow to the head. He even stayed like that well after the play flexing. Go back and look at it. That type of play should sepercede any other penalties and be enforced. 

I did.   I think I said it is a penalty.   The only way to prevent the first down is to load up and punish the rusher.  Don’t put yourself in that position.  I know you won’t agree but that is how I see it.  Run like a running back will result in Allen on the sideline.  

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I am def. angry about the milquetoast “offsetting penalties” for a helmet to helmet that knocked out our QB.

Of course I agree with you that the Bills beat themselves, but the NFL needs to quit with the waffling and decide whether or not helmet to helmet on a player already in the grasp matters to them

Oh I am angry about that too. Whether it was or wasn't a penalty on Dawkins a holding call should never offset the plays we are trying to take out of the game for being dangerous. I have long since held that view. That rule is ridiculous. But that isn't on the guys who did this game so much as on the rule makers. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ChasBB said:

Yep, completely agree - was wondering myself why Gore stopped getting touches - coaching not blameless to be sure.

I haven’t looked at the box score yet, but it seemed like the RG wit Gore was exerting it’s will on the Pats D. Seems like you’d want to make the Pats price they could stop it. ?‍♂️  

1 minute ago, Frez said:

Zero sacks?

Brady gets the ball out in 2-3 seconds, tops.  He is very tough to sack.  Our defense did a good job of putting pressure on him, disrupting his timing, and were aggressive with their receivers.

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Zero sacks because Brady was throwing before they could hit him. But it was forcing him to throw out of rhythm. There was plenty of pressure on Brady today and it was critical to forcing him into so many bad throws.   

AND, he actually got intentional grounding called on him. That was refreshing. 

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I have felt for years that Bills coaches were “playing checkers” to the best coaches in the league’s “chess”

Or bringing a knife to a gun fight.  Whatever metaphor you like

Our D was brilliant

Yes one can point fingers at players but I’m in no way convinced our O is ready for Prime Time coach-wise

What a stunning surprise!

Micah Hyde said it: “if one of us put a helmet to helmet on #12 we’d be gone from the game”

Apparently Mr. Hyde must be a whiner.

39 minutes ago, Paulus said:

It really makes me sad having Zay Jones on the team... I have defended the guy for a while now, but he has shown nothing, thus far. 

This was also going to be my crybaby post. Why does McDermott always insist on keeping guys on the roster who cost us games? 

Pat's got called for more penalties than expected....and still got away with a ton.

The drive before half was huge again. 

A blatant facemask is missed which would gave been a 1st down. 

Then a LB leaped over the OL on the field goal...wasn't that banned?

And they had multiple penalties nullified by offsetters including KO'ing Allen

Grrrrr

2 minutes ago, Frez said:

Did Jerry Hughes play? Thought he was going against a bum for LT? 

I saw him at the end, when the players had their little meet and greet near midfield. Still, I love our D as a whole. They gave up 9 points against Brady and the Patriots. It’s not on them.  

Edited by Augie

1 minute ago, SirAndrew said:

This was also going to be my crybaby post. Why does McDermott always insist on keeping guys on the roster who cost us games? 

They put a lot into Zay, but Zay just keeps dropping balls. He has done nothing in the form of an amazing catch, and the most we have been able to hope from him is an average game. Sadly, Duke should get the call... 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Augie said:

I saw him at the end, when the players had their little meet and greet near midfield. Still, I love our D as a whole. They gave up 9 points against Brady and the Patriots. It’s not on them.  

It's good , but not good enough yet. 

6 minutes ago, Paulus said:

They put a lot into Zay, but Zay just keeps dropping balls. He has done nothing in the form of an amazing catch, and the most we have been able to hope from him is an average game. Sadly, Duke should get the call... 

Yeah, I’m tired of seeing a guy who’s a total liability being placed in the lineup each week getting passes thrown his way. Everyone but the Bills coaching staff can see this.

8 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Once out of 3 or 4 times that he directed the ball into the ground.

It’s a start. ?

Brady wasn’t our problem today. THAT is encouraging. 

Josh needs to learn from this horrible experience. I hope the next time we play them he will be late season Josh from last year, not the early season, painful to watch Josh. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Frez said:

It's good , but not good enough yet. 

I can’t expect much more of the D. I think they need a little help. The offense and ST lost that game. I thank and commend the D for an amazing effort. I won’t nitpick. 

8 minutes ago, Paulus said:

They missed at least 2 other times he grounded the ball...

Brady looked mortal, I’ll take it for a start....

1 minute ago, Augie said:

I can’t expect much more of the D. I think they need a little help. The offense and ST lost that game. I thank and commend the D for an amazing effort. I won’t nitpick. 

Still missing that dominate pass rusher. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Frez said:

Still missing that dominate pass rusher. 

Yes, they are, but the entire unit played extremely well, as they have almost all year. The D is the LAST thing I’ll be whining about in the whining thread, or anywhere else.

BTW, Darryl Johnson came inches away from getting the ball loose from Brady’s throwing hand which could have changed the game. What a pleasant surprise he has been!  Keep drafting like this and I like our chances! 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

The Bills got 2 huge 3rd and long failed conversions converted into 1sts by penalties.

that holding call on Morse was ticky tacky, though. And they picked up two thrown flags on us today.

Not the reason we lost but those were kind of BS.

54 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Zero sacks because Brady was throwing before they could hit him. But it was forcing him to throw out of rhythm. There was plenty of pressure on Brady today and it was critical to forcing him into so many bad throws.   

Still, Newhouse looked like Anthony Muñoz today....

1 hour ago, mattynh said:

I did.   I think I said it is a penalty.   The only way to prevent the first down is to load up and punish the rusher.  Don’t put yourself in that position.  I know you won’t agree but that is how I see it.  Run like a running back will result in Allen on the sideline.  

It had nothing to do with going for the first down