OAK planning to suspend AB (edit: apologized, playing)

Reed83HOF

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Ryan Clark was on NFL Live and followed up about his tweet last year about AB.  Said he took a lot of heat for that and he's looking good now!

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ex-steelers-star-crushes-antonio-brown-with-2012-story-give-him-money-youre-going-to-create-a-monster/

Dude has all the signs of a serious case of narcissistic personality disorder.

He should run for President.

• Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, major said:

Agree! But I have a question, why did we try to get this guy? He doesn’t fit into our process or anyone’s process

Exactly!

I was very disappointed we were even looking at him considering the culture we built. When we went after ab i thought maybe this whole culture thing was just a ruse. However now i believe we are about culture but i think they thought he wasnt that crazy and were just looking at how hard he worked at his craft before.

46 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

They still tried to trade for him.  It absolutely blows my mind with all the talk about culture.  And if he would have said ok, he’d be here doing the same crap.  

But yeah, bullet dodged.

Some of you are obsessed with this guy.  Again, the GM who some of you think is a god tried to get AB, so he thought the same thing.  

I sort of agree with this. Like many others I didn't want AB exactly for these reasons. And I was a little disappointed and more than a little concerned that the Bills pursued him at all. IMO management still has a lot to prove when it comes to drafting and signing skill position players on offence. I understand that a rebuild takes time and that this may be the last piece in the puzzle. And I get it that John Brown is a proven starting calibre receiver and CB a very good slot receiver, but after next year's draft they need to be in a much better place talent wise than they are now. I want to see how Singletary works out. If it's another Zay day I will seriously start questioning their evaluations. I think pursuing AB was an error in judgement. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Chemical said:

Distractions are overrated. Do the other players know the playbook? Are they practicing or gossiping about AB all day?

Have you ever worked a job where someone causes issues?  I bet production went up because of it right? Nobody got talked about it in the office. Nobody had an opinion. Nobody took sides. 

Why Did the Steelers give him away so cheap? 

Why wasnt the entire league knocking the Steelers door down trying to get the best we in the league? 

Why do teams and businesses get get rid of employees that are distractions all the time? 

Distractions are exactly that, a distraction. They cause others to not focus on their job. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

And AB and his agent would have said thank you, we finally have complete control of the situation.  Exactly what he wanted in the first place.  He forced his way out of Pittsburgh by acting like an idiot.  Now he is doing the same in Oakland.    Hopefully they trade him to Arizona and call it a day.

But it's still a mess in the media, and most likely doesnt get completely settled this year. So AB is out another year and trying to come back next year as a 32 year old trouble maker.

He could probably come back, but not at $30M guaranteed. He'll be playing on this one-year "prove it" deals.

1 hour ago, nucci said:

Probably has to do with the Raiders not doing away with the fines imposed. Most teams waive them....Raiders didn't

I’d advise any team picking up a guy like brown not to take a super hard line stance on things. You got who your getting and you deal with the antics. Getting into a faceoff with a crazy man certainly doesn’t max his value.

45 minutes ago, BillsFan692 said:

Not likely. I think that's pretty far fetched.  Also I don't think AB is the same AB that you remember. He's older, slower, and with more CTE. We only ever saw AB play with Ben Roethlisberger, and it seems like Ben at least has some of the responsibility for 'creating' AB the way we all know him today. AB wouldn't be AB if Big Ben wasn't slinging that ball for 500 yards a game.

Promise you Ben continues to do what he does with JUJU and co.

He’s still a great player. He’s just a lunatic. I’m half-joking on the Patriots comment.

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

But it's still a mess in the media, and most likely doesnt get completely settled this year. So AB is out another year and trying to come back next year as a 32 year old trouble maker.

He could probably come back, but not at $30M guaranteed. He'll be playing on this one-year "prove it" deals.

I wouldn't be surprised if his career is over after this tbh. 

• Thank you (+1) 1