Week One: Bills at Jets

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, MassHog said:

I am really curious.... What positions do you guys honestly think that the Jets actually are better than the Bills?

QB, WR, RB, DT. Maybe more, but I'm not super familiar with their roster

Edited by arcane
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

Punter too.  

Thought about saying that. I've also read about how strong the middle of their defense is despite how weak the outside of it is, but I don't know enough about their LBs/Safeties to compare to ours. I doubt even with Adams that I'd like their safeties better than ours.

The most important position I feel they're better at is QB, but I believe it's close enough that the fact that we're more complete all around can get us a week 1 victory. 

16 minutes ago, arcane said:

Thought about saying that. I've also read about how strong the middle of their defense is despite how weak the outside of it is, but I don't know enough about their LBs/Safeties to compare to ours. I doubt even with Adams that I'd like their safeties better than ours.

The most important position I feel they're better at is QB, but I believe it's close enough that the fact that we're more complete all around can get us a week 1 victory. 

Hmmm.  I think Mosley and Adams are the best safety/LB duo in the league with regard to run stopping. We can't be slamming Gore and Motor into an 8 man box all day.

QW vs Mitch Morse and our interior line will be fun to watch.  QW hasn't been outstanding yet in preseason.   Expect less carries for loss with Gore than Shady.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MassHog said:

I am really curious.... What positions do you guys honestly think that the Jets actually are better than the Bills?

Personally, I think it's hard to say Darnold is better than Allen. When you account for what Allen can do on the feet, i'd say based off last years numbers they're pretty even. 

Darnold had 18 touchdowns (including rushing) and 15 interceptions last year in 13 games. Josh Allen had 18 touchdowns and 12 interceptions in 12 games. 

I really only see them being convincingly better than us at RB and Punter? WRs seem like a pretty even match up, as does Offensive Line since both teams have completely retooled their lines.  Jamal Adams may be a better player than Hyde and Poyer, but the tandem of Hyde and Poyer is better than Adams and Maye. Tre'Day is infinitely better than any corner on their team, our Linebackers are definitely better, and I think I would take Jerry Hughes over any pass rusher on their team. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1