Sunday 9/1 Cut /Waiver Update thread

10 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Not the point of our discussion, you said very few positions available, I disagree. Just showing why I disagree. No big deal.

The point of the discussion, to me, is people such as yourself, clamoring for a PS QB, when, in fact, the PS is there for a team to develop players of potential.

Teams don't need PS QBs if they don't have one worth stashing away. (and that's the point of this discussion)

Reading more closely you haven't clamored for a PS QB so apologies for my confusion.

What you're wrong about is the fact that few positions are covered by the PS. 

Edited by Cripple Creek

1 minute ago, klos63 said:

I think the idea of PS QB is for down the line development, not to come in during the season and help. So if a roster QB goes down, a free agent signing is more likely. I mean, look at the talent available, Brandon Weeden, Osweiller, Matt Cassel....

Exactly, your not using the PS for a 3rd QB in case your other guys go down. PS QBs are guys who you feel have certain skills or abilities that maybe just need extra coaching and time to bring out. They aren't guys who are going to come in and start unless you are throwing away the rest of the season. Otherwise your going to bring in an outside guy and run a more basic offence until they get acquainted with yours.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

The point of the discussion, to me, is people such as yourself, clamoring for a PS QB, when, in fact, the PS is there for a team to develop players of potential.

Teams don't need PS QBs if they don't have one worth stashing away. (and that's the point of this discussion)

Clamoring? Obsessed?  I think you're going a bit overboard with the hyperbole.

13 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

It won't matter that the QB knows the playbook if they aren't good enough to execute it. And if they are good enough to execute the playbook, they would be on your active roster as a #2 or 3 QB. Your better off dumbing down the offence and starting a veteran off the street then a PS guy.

I don’t think Kyle Sloter is terrible and much worse than any FA QB without a job midseason.  We struck gold with Barkley last season.  We whiffed on DA last season.  

More valuable, imo, than a 5th TE, 7th interior OL, 8th WR.  Sure, we may sign a vet QB if JA and MB get hurt, but the practice squad Qb still has use running the scout team and being the backup qB.  

Sure, some PS positions/players can be very important.  Some irrelevant. I’d rather have a security blanket at the most important position in sports over hoping there’s a retread worth our while and that he stays healthy.  Without a Ps qb, we would only dress 1 QB?

those that say it won’t matter because the season would over are making a terrible assumption, that the QBs injuries are season ending.  I believe our coaching and defense can carry us for a few weeks.

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Those who thought some of our cuts would make it on other teams were correct. That's a good sign of our depth.

Nothing on Duke Williams yet. As expected I think he'll make it on the PS. With McCloud gone I could see Easley making it there too.

But what about Wade??????

Weren't teams going to be fighting over themselves to try and snag him away from the Bills and he would never see the PS?????

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I don’t think Kyle Sloter is terrible and much worse than any FA QB without a job midseason.  We struck gold with Barkley last season.  We whiffed on DA last season.  

More valuable, imo, than a 5th TE, 7th interior OL, 8th WR.  Sure, we may sign a vet QB if JA and MB get hurt, but the practice squad Qb still has use running the scout team and being the backup qB.  

Sure, some PS positions/players can be very important.  Some irrelevant. I’d rather have a security blanket at the most important position in sports over hoping there’s a retread worth our while and that he stays healthy.  Without a Ps qb, we would only dress 1 QB?

those that say it won’t matter because the season would over are making a terrible assumption, that the QBs injuries are season ending.  I believe our coaching and defense can carry us for a few weeks.

But are they really a Security Blanket? They may know the offence but that won't help if they aren't good enough to run it.

If Allen or Barkley went down they would sign someone off the street. Coaching won't carry them through games if the QB sucks. Nate Peterman knew the offence and ran it with the same coaches and they couldn't carry the team through a few games.

PS QBs are guys that they don't think are ready for the league but have tools they believe could be good if they can coach them up.

Still waiting/hoping to hear news on a punter...

I hope the Bills brass aren’t too firm on having a guy with a huge leg because “buffalo weather”. give me a guy with consistently over a guy like Bojo who can kick it 60+ yards 1/10 times in practice. 

Just now, BillsFan4 said:

I hope the Bills brass aren’t too firm on having a guy with a huge leg because “buffalo weather”. give me a guy with consistently over a guy like Bojo who can kick it 60+ yards 1/10 times in practice. 

Well they haven't signed any of the available FAs, and it wasn't because they were waiting on a waiver claim...............

I think the Bills took Lacey from the Dolphins originally, so I guess full circle?

Anyways a name out there that's fairly interesting is Jacob Hollister, former Pat and Hawk. Former Allen target at Wyoming. I know we have a bunch of tight ends, but he's a more of a Croom like tight end, weho showed promise in the Patriots system. 

And we we need a punter. 

4 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

I am starting to wonder if they aren’t going to make a move there not because Bororquez is good but because we played Punter roulette last year and it also seemed to affect Hauschka kicking FGs. At least this way Hauschka can get comfortable .