Sunday 9/1 Cut /Waiver Update thread

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

Most of the quality punters that were waived are vested veterans, who became free agents immediately.  They each have a choice in where they go and are likely negotiating with multiple teams, hence the wait (unlike Shady that knew right away where he wanted to play)...

Definitely.  Like I said they "may" have a bid in.  As for the FA guys, the good thing is Buffalo is becoming a pretty good gig so we'll see.

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

I don’t get the obsession with adding a PS QB. If we are down to our 3rd QB then it doesn’t really matter who’s out there. We gon get our peckers smashed.

Just grabs vet off the streets in case of emergency 

Yeah, that worked wonders for us last season.  

We have a very good defense and play a weak schedule (as it seems).  We can win games with bum QBs.....if they know the offense.  If allen and Barkley only miss a 1-3 games I don’t think our season is over.  If a PS an can get a win it can be the difference in making the playoffs or not.

meanwhile.....do we need 2 WRs on the PS?  Do we need a 7th interior lineman?  A 5th tight end?  There’s more than enough PS slots where we can afford to use one on the most important position.  

18 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Yes.  The Bills may have a bid in on a waived punter that they would have to sign, so we just got to wait and see.

Only if said punter has less than four years in the league, if they have more they're a free agent and can sign with anyone.

59 minutes ago, Ta111 said:

Exactly my feelings. Any team in this league that’s on their 3rd team QB is toast anyway. Best just to get an Anderson type just to finish out the season.

You act as if every QB injury is season ending.  

17 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Agree!  The only way a guy like Jackson (or whatever QB may be on the PS)  would play on Sunday is if on a road game Allen fell down the stairs getting off the plane and landed on Barkley and they are now both out 24 hours before the game.  Or even if one were hurt, he'd get promoted to active 53 and be the backup for Sunday, but on Monday, they'd be looking to sign a new experienced guy and would then cut Jackson (or other) and maybe hope they can re-sign him to PS again.

On another note, I don't believe and undrafted rookies made the roster this season correct?

Bates?

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Rico said:

So Geno Smith ended up in the league longer than EJ, go figure.

...well Nix did have Geno as his #1 target until they flew down for work out and interview....consensus on plane ride home was, "um....no thanks".......so EJ is baking cookies, Genome is STILL "slinging the rock"  and Buddy blew it (COUGH)......:thumbsup:

• Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

My GAWD....Peterpick STILL has a job???  Amazeballs!!!

I know, right?  That guy must be QB Room Catnip for coaches.  He's got something on the whiteboard they simply just can't resist.

22 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

You act as if a PS guy is more likely to win you a game than somebody off the street.

Depends upon the PS guy

33 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Well, there are 10 slots. Teams typically carry a couple linemen from each side and a WR or two.  That leaves 4 openings, so not many positions.

I guess if you consider all lineman on each side of the ball to be the same position, which would be wrong.

22 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

You act as if a PS guy is more likely to win you a game than somebody off the street.

I think there’s a better chance of a PS squad QB helping us win a game over a 7th interior lineman.  100%

27 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Yeah, that worked wonders for us last season.  

We have a very good defense and play a weak schedule (as it seems).  We can win games with bum QBs.....if they know the offense.  If allen and Barkley only miss a 1-3 games I don’t think our season is over.  If a PS an can get a win it can be the difference in making the playoffs or not.

meanwhile.....do we need 2 WRs on the PS?  Do we need a 7th interior lineman?  A 5th tight end?  There’s more than enough PS slots where we can afford to use one on the most important position.  

It won't matter that the QB knows the playbook if they aren't good enough to execute it. And if they are good enough to execute the playbook, they would be on your active roster as a #2 or 3 QB. Your better off dumbing down the offence and starting a veteran off the street then a PS guy.

37 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Well, there are 10 slots. Teams typically carry a couple linemen from each side and a WR or two.  That leaves 4 openings, so not many positions.

In 2018, of our first 8  PS signings, 7 different positions. 

T Gerhard de Beer
RB Keith Ford
DE Mike Love
S Dean Marlowe
WR Cam Phillips
LB Corey Thompson
CB Levi Wallace
T De’Ondre Wesley

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I know, right?  That guy must be QB Room Catnip for coaches.  He's got something on the whiteboard they simply just can't resist.

Depends upon the PS guy

Got a list?  

Seriously though...if you stash a QB on the PS it's because you feel he has potential, but isn't ready yet, right?  If you carry a 3rd (fewer and fewer do) I get that, but, not the PS guy.

1 minute ago, klos63 said:

In 2018, of our first 8  PS signings, 7 different positions. 

T Gerhard de Beer
RB Keith Ford
DE Mike Love
S Dean Marlowe
WR Cam Phillips
LB Corey Thompson
CB Levi Wallace
T De’Ondre Wesley

Why do you suppose those players were selected?

2 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

It won't matter that the QB knows the playbook if they aren't good enough to execute it. And if they are good enough to execute the playbook, they would be on your active roster as a #2 or 3 QB. Your better off dumbing down the offence and starting a veteran off the street then a PS guy.

I think the idea of PS QB is for down the line development, not to come in during the season and help. So if a roster QB goes down, a free agent signing is more likely. I mean, look at the talent available, Brandon Weeden, Osweiller, Matt Cassel....

2 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Got a list?  

Seriously though...if you stash a QB on the PS it's because you feel he has potential, but isn't ready yet, right?  If you carry a 3rd (fewer and fewer do) I get that, but, not the PS guy.

Why do you suppose those players were selected?

Not the point of our discussion, you said very few positions available, I disagree. Just showing why I disagree. No big deal.