Sunday 9/1 Cut /Waiver Update thread

5 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

I’ve not seen that anywhere. All I’ve seen is only the teams participating in the International Pathways Program get the roster exemption.

Which kind of makes sense. If he signs with the Bills through the program he can’t be elevated to the active roster. Why limit a player to only being able to sign with one team if he could possibly be made active on another? If you get what I mean. Wouldn’t be fair to the player. Unless he would prefer to sit and learn, with the Bills.

It’s also up to Wade, if he signs to another teams PS, he might have a chance of being activated to their active roster whereas if he signs to the Bills PS, he’s there all season no matter what.

Only if he is the 11th man exemption. If he signs on the regular 10 man PS he can be activated throughout the season.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Yea and Sal C had confirmed as much, the Bills have the option to sign him to their PS as a regular or as their exemption.

If signed to the regular PS, teams could take him but for their 53 (and since he wasn't claimed while making very little), I doubt anyone is going to swipe him off the PS from Buffalo, they may make an offer to put him on the PS though

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Only if he is the 11th man exemption. If he signs on the regular 10 man PS he can be activated throughout the season.

Yea, yea... put that in my latest response. Thinking people were think he was exclusive to the Bills.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

2 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

But if he is they have to put him on their 53, or they have to put him on waivers to put him on their PS I believe (you can't take someone off anothers PS to put on your own)

1 hour ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Josh Adams did not get claimed. Not a bad RB for PS if they plan on redshirting Wade.

Wouldn't want him for a PS.... As soon as regular season starts and injuries happens Adams is gonna get phone calls. Don't think he would last long on a teams practice squad. Gotta think about stuff like that... You want to use a PS to develop players for your team in the future and not to get poached by other teams when an injury happens

Seems kinda funny to put another team's cuts on your PS... instead of the guys from your own training camp roster that you've been working with all spring and summer long.  Maybe what we're seeing is teams reaching out for guys that they had wanted to take in the 2019 draft... or maybe tried to sign as UDFA after the draft but got outbid for that player.

1 minute ago, Kmart128 said:

Wouldn't want him for a PS.... As soon as regular season starts and injuries happens Adams is gonna get phone calls. Don't think he would last long on a teams practice squad. Gotta think about stuff like that... You want to use a PS to develop players for your team in the future and not to get poached by other teams when an injury happens

McDermott and Beane have both publicly said that is not how they look at it. They count the PS as guys that on are the team just like the 53 and have to be ready to play immediately if called upon. And what if one of the Bills get injured, wouldn't you want a guy who is good and has shown he can play at this level already but is still young?

• Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Jamie Mueller said:

Seems kinda funny to put another team's cuts on your PS... instead of the guys from your own training camp roster that you've been working with all spring and summer long.  Maybe what we're seeing is teams reaching out for guys that they had wanted to take in the 2019 draft... or maybe tried to sign as UDFA after the draft but got outbid for that player.

At the same time they've seen those guys up close and have a better idea of who's got it and who doesn't. The guys they really liked and were tough to cut might make the ps but the rest are probably going to be replaced by other guys they want to get a look at.

2 minutes ago, Jamie Mueller said:

Well scouts are studying other teams... If they see a potential upgrade by watching preseason games and that player is released they will add them to practice squad. I think it's nice to add a mixture of guys who is familiar with the team and the plays and better players from other teams to a practice squad.

4 minutes ago, Jamie Mueller said:

Isaiah McKenzie though... Broncos cut.

1 minute ago, Kmart128 said:

Well scouts are studying other teams... If they see a potential upgrade by watching preseason games and that player is released they will add them to practice squad. I think it's nice to add a mixture of guys who is familiar with the team and the plays and better players from other teams to a practice squad.

Yep. There are all kinds of players around the league the scouts for both pro and college like and want to bring in but for various reasons havent been able to yet. If that guy becomes available they lob by hard for them

Just now, Wayne Cubed said:

Isaiah McKenzie though... Broncos cut.

I think he fumbled four punts. ;)

7 minutes ago, Jamie Mueller said:

They still have draft grades on all these guys 

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

McDermott and Beane have both publicly said that is not how they look at it. They count the PS as guys that on are the team just like the 53 and have to be ready to play immediately if called upon. And what if one of the Bills get injured, wouldn't you want a guy who is good and has shown he can play at this level already but is still young?

I agree. But licklihood is another team will sign him to a 53 man roster before one of our RBs get hurt. Thats why its good to have a good under the radar RB on the PS. Don't have to worry about other teams. If we add Adams.... I think he would only be on practice squad for one or two weeks before another team has an injury and takes him off our team... Then we are stuck having to find another RB to add to PS

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

Yep. There are all kinds of players around the league the scouts for both pro and college like and want to bring in but for various reasons havent been able to yet. If that guy becomes available they lob by hard for them

I think you see other guys being signed because they know what their own cuts can do and they see potential upgrades available from other teams cuts that they can get a look at. 

Not everyone the Bills cut are guys they wanted to keep but couldn't because of numbers, some cuts weren't that hard to make because they just didn't like what they saw from the player

2 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Why are we carrying 5 TE's when every other team is carrying 2 or 3?

Well Croom is gonna be placed on IR today or tomorrow...  Only reason he is not is so he will be eligible to return from IR later in season. And then when Croom goes on IR we will be resigning Coleman. So technically we have 4 TEs on roster.

2 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

I agree. But licklihood is another team will sign him to a 53 man roster before one of our RBs get hurt. Thats why its good to have a good under the radar RB on the PS. Don't have to worry about other teams. If we add Adams.... I think he would only be on practice squad for one or two weeks before another team has an injury and takes him off our team... Then we are stuck having to find another RB to add to PS

I don't think a team can look at players or the PS that way. If they can get a good player on it, they will try and do it. If a team wants to poach that player, the Bills can always offer to put him on their roster too if he is that good. 

1 minute ago, apuszczalowski said:

I don't think a team can look at players or the PS that way. If they can get a good player on it, they will try and do it. If a team wants to poach that player, the Bills can always offer to put him on their roster too if he is that good. 

I don't know. If I was a team it would certainly be a factor in who I would sign. It wouldn't be the final determining factor. But if I'm down to a couple players and I feel one has a better shot to stolen. Then I'll take the safer option.

9 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Well Croom is gonna be placed on IR today or tomorrow...  Only reason he is not is so he will be eligible to return from IR later in season. And then when Croom goes on IR we will be resigning Coleman. So technically we have 4 TEs on roster.

Why wouldn't we just reach a injury settlement with Croom and cut him to bring in a WR or secondary talent? 

2 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Somehow, some way, a NY Jet 3rd round draft pick named Polite, accumulated over $100,000 in fines in freakin' training camp for tardiness and the like, which led to his release and not being claimed. He signed with the Seahawks PS I believe.

Wow hope takes the wakeup call seriously.

12 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

This is a family friendly site. None of that talk here! :bag:

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

I suspect they'll find someone better.

Tyree just did not look good at all.

The only reason why I might think twice about that is that Cardale Jones (similar in many ways to Jackson) looked pretty bad as well during the little playing time he got with the Bills... but he looked much more polished and disciplined playing for the Raiders during preseason games this year.  They call certain quarterbacks "projects" at draft time every year... but it's seldom that those guys are given enough time to learn how too read defenses, run their target progressions... or learn how to get rid of the ball when the pocket starts to break down. That's what I would use the practice squad for... particularly with quarterbacks.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

I’d sign him to the regular PS. 

Personally, I think it would be a better idea to use the exemption and give him a full year to learn the game of football, and then give him a legit chance to make the roster next year.

Wade just started learning the game of football for the first time in his life a few months ago. Guys were saying that he had to be taught things that they learned way back in their pop-Warner leagues. Even the most basic football concepts were new to him. He even said himself that people don’t realize just how little he knows about football. 

I think eh could benefit from a year on the practice squad more than most. 

17 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Why are we carrying 5 TE's when every other team is carrying 2 or 3?

Per Spotrac there are 128 signed TEs in the league right now.  That averages 4 per team.

2 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Why wouldn't we just reach a injury settlement with Croom and cut him to bring in a WR or secondary talent? 

Like others have said, he can be called up later in the year if needed.

5 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Because they still want to keep their Daughters Boyfriend on the team and this way after week 6 they can bring him back on the roster

I'm praying this isn't the case, we would be just fine with Kroft, Knox and Sweeney as our 3 TE's. I could maybe see Smith being kept for his blocking in goal line situations but that's stretching it.

Edited by Call_Of_Ktulu