Matt Barkley - taking things more serious?

Hebert19

1 hour ago, Hebert19 said:

Was trying to not to have a vague title of Matt Barkley so added the more serious part.  

I've watched him in the past and he didn't seem in shape so to speak...was a little rounder than you would expect.   He also didn't seem to have the same command of things in his other backup jobs...

But this year...he's come in and did exactly what you would want.  He's helping Josh.   He's in great shape (looks like a different guy if you ask me).   And seems all in here in buffalo.  

Not sure if it is that he's taking it more serious or just a better fit for him.   Thoughts?

You may have avoided vagueness, but your grammar is atrocious. But no one takes grammar more seriously than me. ?

Edited by BuffaloBob

15 minutes ago, NC Book said:

Our QB situation is 10x better than last season at this time.

Hopefully our Oline is 10x better

The play of Matt Barkley as a Buffalo Bill has impressed the hell out of me.

Big, big fan of Josh Allen... 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m not sure what it is, but he seems to really embrace the role he’s in now. 

Before we picked him up last year he was basically staring down the possibility of his career being over. That would do it for some folks....

2 hours ago, QBorBust2018 said:

I wouldn’t rule out Barkley starting at some point. Josh Allen hasn’t learned a thing from last year after watching that horrible pick in the last preseason game 

9-7 or bust for me. They don’t even need to make playoffs. Need a winning record. If they don’t get there I don’t believe this team or Allen will ever be good. 

We've got a brand new doom and gloomer! Welcome!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsFan17 said:

I'll take all the shade in the world... Barkley is good enough that Allen should be on a short leash.

This roster has playoff potential, there's zero reason to hold that back to hope Allen pans out.

A 7 year veteran plays well in preseason against players likely to be cut and not even in the league in a couple weeks and people think he can start.

220px-Matt_Barkley_2012.jpg
Barkley during a 2012 game.

Going into his senior season, Barkley was widely considered a favorite to win the Heisman Trophy.[53][54] At the beginning of the season, USC was ranked #1 in the preseason poll, but a 21–14 loss to then-#21 Stanford ended USC's potential BCS national championship run.[55] USC then went on to lose 5 games that year, including a late-season loss to rival UCLA for the first time in six years.[56] Matt Barkley was knocked out of that game by UCLA's Anthony Barr with a shoulder separating hit, thus ending his regular season abruptly. On December 27, 2012, head coach Lane Kiffin announced Barkley wouldn't play in the Sun Bowl because of his shoulder injury, effectively ending his college football career.[57]

Although being projected a first-round selection for the 2012 NFL Draft by midseason of 2011,[58] Barkley then decided to return to USC for his senior season.[59] As early as April 2012, he was projected the No. 1 overall pick for the 2013 NFL Draft.[60][61][62] However, one month prior to the draft, Barkley's draft stock had fallen with ESPN draft analysts Mel Kiper Jr. and Todd McShay projecting Barkley to fall out of the first round.[63] Due to his shoulder injury, Barkley did not throw in the Indianapolis NFL Scouting Combine and instead took medical tests on his shoulder.[

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Barkley

Edited by HOUSE
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m not sure what it is, but he seems to really embrace the role he’s in now. 

...pleasant surprise....was meh about pre-draft hype and well traveled, lackluster career.....didn't think much of the signing, but he really seems to be hitting his stride as #2............

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, QBorBust2018 said:

I wouldn’t rule out Barkley starting at some point. Josh Allen hasn’t learned a thing from last year after watching that horrible pick in the last preseason game 

9-7 or bust for me. They don’t even need to make playoffs. Need a winning record. If they don’t get there I don’t believe this team or Allen will ever be good. 

I see your thread got shut down, which is unfortunate, because although I think they'll win more than 9 games it is troubling that no one seems to be considering the alternative. 

This is the year we find out if Buffalo is 2014 Seattle, with a monster defense and a young QB who can scramble with an arm that can do just enough to win, with a solid running game and a great coach...

or is Buffalo the 2016 Bills, with a defense that can't carry the offense, a young QB who can scramble with an an arm that can't quite do just enough to win, with a solid running game and a coach that we want to be great...

And if it's the latter, does it get all the way blown up? Or do we end up in the worst situation a fanbase can be in, where we convince ourselves that the rest of the roster is set, and all we need is: Drew Bledsoe, or Kirk Cousins, or Derek Carr?

When the range of possibilities is 4-12, to year one of a championship dynasty... this will be interesting...

He's surprised me a lot since the pick up last year. A top tier BU QB currently in the league IMO and a great add by Beane.

Looks like we finally got the best QB in the 2013 draft class. I had a feeling it was him the entire time before hindsight of watching Geno n EJ play.

Keep it up Matt!

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, QBorBust2018 said:

Barkley will not start unless Allen is hurt.

• Like (+1) 1

I never followed him much before he became  Bill.    Like others, I like what I see but we can't take that much from preseason football.  Peterman looks like a franchise QB in preseason football, has have many others.   The most encouraging thing I have seen from him was his game against the Jets last year, that was real but also just one game.   Not that I want this to happen but I think there is a decent change he gets on the field this year at some point.   If that happens we will find out more.

9 hours ago, QBorBust2018 said:

What horrible pick in the last game?  I looked through the highlights and the stat-line and can't find a Josh Allen INT.  Did he throw one and a flag negated it? 

9 hours ago, QBorBust2018 said:

why did you make it so obvious. this is what tells me you're not all there upstairs. I thought trolls were just a little smarter then that, then you came along. can't say I will enjoy your brief tenure with ignorant trolling posts like this.

trolls are gonna troll..

5dBsMUQ.gif?noredirect

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973