QB Tyree Jackson likely to start preseason finale

HOUSE

Buffalo Bills quarterback Tyree Jackson (6) Buffalo Bills vs. Detroit Lions at Ford Field, August 23, 2019. Photo by Bill Wippert.
Buffalo Bills quarterback Tyree Jackson (6) Buffalo Bills vs. Detroit Lions at Ford Field, August 23, 2019. Photo by Bill Wippert.

Quick Hits: QB Tyree Jackson likely to start preseason finale

Chris_Brown-headshot2017

Chris Brown

1. QB Tyree Jackson likely to start preseason finale

In the final game of the Bills preseason it looks like undrafted rookie QB Tyree Jackson will see his most extensive action. Though head coach Sean McDermott didn’t fully confirm the UB product as the starter against the Vikings on Thursday night, he indicated that he is leaning that way.

“We’re still in conversations about that, but more than likely I would say,” McDermott said.

To this point in the preseason, Jackson has just 24 pass attempts and eight completions. He has also rushed for 32 yards.

On Thursday night, with most of the starters not expected to take the field, Jackson could eclipse those figures knowing he’ll be getting the most playing time he’s seen in a Bills uniform.

Jackson has not been the beneficiary of a lot of reps in practice either as the offensive staff is focused on getting Josh Allen and Matt Barkley ready for the regular season, but McDermott has seen Jackson make strides with his personal game.

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/quick-hits-qb-tyree-jackson-likely-to-start-preseason-finale

Edited by HOUSE

2 minutes ago, DJB said:

I say play a drinking game. Take a swig whenever Tyree makes a terrible throw. 

Ill be pinned by half time i think hopefully and be able to watch the rest of the game. 

Im gonna take a drink when he completes a pass. I will end up more sober than when the game kicks off. 

• Haha (+1) 3

20 minutes ago, bilzfancy said:

Let him play the whole game, it just may be the last time he sees an NFL field, I see nothing that suggests he has what it takes to be a QB in the NFL, maybe a move to TE would be a good move for him.

Has he shown he has the ability to play TE?

1 hour ago, mykidsdad said:

UB plays Thursday, too, right? If Jackson starts that will be kind of cool, to flip back and forth, if you're a UB fan (which I am).

The UB game will be more exciting.....lol

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

So much for the Bills having their first 4-0 preseason. 

It’s not like the Vikings are going to play anyone who won’t be working at Target next month, either.

Besides fringe guys on the bubble, nobody in this game will be NFL relevant.

Edited by eanyills
  • Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, DJB said:

I say play a drinking game. Take a swig whenever Tyree makes a terrible throw. 

Ill be pinned by half time i think hopefully and be able to watch the rest of the game. 

Why is it culturally acceptable by the masses at this forum to make a joke about Tyree being bad, but any suggestion of Allen being bad brings down a world of hate on the poster?

I guess the answer lies in expectations, or lack thereof.

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

Why is it culturally acceptable by the masses at this forum to make a joke about Tyree being bad, but any suggestion of Allen being bad brings down a world of hate on the poster?

I guess the answer lies in expectations, or lack thereof.

Mostly because the Allen takes are dumb. If you’re getting hate, you aren’t getting “hate,” you are being made fun of. 

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

Quick Hits: QB Tyree Jackson likely to start preseason finale

Chris_Brown-headshot2017

Chris Brown

In the final game of the Bills preseason it looks like undrafted rookie QB Tyree Jackson will see his most extensive action. Though head coach Sean McDermott didn’t fully confirm the UB product as the starter against the Vikings on Thursday night, he indicated that he is leaning that way.

“We’re still in conversations about that, but more than likely I would say,” McDermott said.

To this point in the preseason, Jackson has just 24 pass attempts and eight completions. He has also rushed for 32 yards.

On Thursday night, with most of the starters not expected to take the field, Jackson could eclipse those figures knowing he’ll be getting the most playing time he’s seen in a Bills uniform.

Jackson has not been the beneficiary of a lot of reps in practice either as the offensive staff is focused on getting Josh Allen and Matt Barkley ready for the regular season, but McDermott has seen Jackson make strides with his personal game.

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/quick-hits-qb-tyree-jackson-likely-to-start-preseason-finale

Chris_Brown-headshot2017

Chris Brown

oh boy.  all goosebumps over here.

find something else to do during this one... yikes