Is anybody else having anxiety about game one?

3 hours ago, buffalo2218 said:

If Oliver is as advertised in terms of getting pressure up the middle, I don't know whether or not Darnold is effective throwing on the run. I don't think he'll be taking many 7 step drops, but if he does, that could be a favorable outcome in the Bills favor either by our D line or our Safeties. I'm trusting our LBs to shut down the short stuff, Bell might get his bell rung by Edmonds a few times on some screens

If i'm relying on a rookie DT for my QB pressure, then my concern is even more legit.  

I can't seem to face up to the facts
I'm tense and nervous and I can't relax
I can't sleep 'cause my bed's on fire
Don't touch me I'm a real live wire
Psycho Killer
Qu'est-ce que c'est
Fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-far better
Run run run run run run run away oh oh
Psycho Killer
Qu'est-ce que c'est
Run, run, run, run, run, run, run, away oh oh oh
Yeah yeah yeah yeah!
You start a conversation you can't even finish it
You're talking a lot, but you're not saying anything
When I have nothing to say, my lips are sealed
Say something once, why say it again?
Psycho Killer
Qu'est-ce que c'est
Run run run run run run run away oh oh oh
Psycho Killer
Qu'est-ce que c'est
Fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-far
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, billsredneck1 said:

I'm all nervous and jerky with a high level of anxiety.  Facing Greggo and having to have our defense pitch a shutout? I can't think of a worse game to lose this year then game one.

Someone please tell me my fear is wrong.  It kinda sucks too that all the "beat reporters" are talking up Darnold. We need Oliver to take him out on the first series and beat Carp lips  to the punch.

Talk me off the ledge!.....probably stepping into one  there.

Your first mistake is thinking Gregg Williams is a good defense coordinator.

5 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

trust the process.   this game is where the process begins to show, IMHO.. little bitty road game no one cares about. 

W.

No one cares about? Sarcasm?  

Darnold vs allen.  Year 2.  I care

Anyone know why the "9-7 this year or bust" thread was locked!?  

Just read the whole thing; it wasn't any more particularly vile than any other thread on this forum and it wasn't really veering off the rails or anything.

I guess we are editing for content around here now?

51 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Anyone know why the "9-7 this year or bust" thread was locked!?  

Just read the whole thing; it wasn't any more particularly vile than any other thread on this forum and it wasn't really veering off the rails or anything.

I guess we are editing for content around here now?

I suspect calling other posters a derogatory name is what got the OP a warning and that combined with the negativity is what got the thread locked.

Bills fans should be concerned about the team in the opener as it will have impact for both teams. Although the jets have been trending upward to most observers this preseason. I have to look at their HC's history and know he is new to the Jets as is the entire coaching staff. To me, the Jets have more concerns over several position groups than the Buffalo Bills have and they have a really good known coaching staff. 

I think the game will come down to who can run the ball more effectively and who can stop the run. Looking at that third preseason game it leads me to think the Bills want to pound the rock and play great defense. Currently Buffalo is a 3.5 point underdog. Saying that I think the Bills will play better as an underdog. 

• Like (+1) 2

Base has done nothing, and they have weakness behind their defensive line.  Our defense is complete and will outplay the Jets.  The key is our OLine.  We haven’t seen Morse yet, but taking the leap we will better at protection when he plays.

Ill take the Bills, but I agree it will be close.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, rayray808 said:

it will all hang on Leveon Bell

Yes. If they can bottle up Bell I think we’re good, and I don’t think it will even be close. Jets’ CBs are bad, and I for one have never been that high on Darnold. 

12 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

say it aint so.  7 n 9. new around the joint. nice out look you have there, must be a realist?

I feel the first game is a statement game. they win, on the road against a division opponent, it sets the tone for what could be a good season. they lose, I feel it would really hurt going forward and could be in for a long season.

I think 7-9 is where they will finish, unless Allen is actually really good, which the odds are against.

L W W L L W L W L W W L L L L W