Is anybody else having anxiety about game one?

44 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

You should be worried. Just think about how your life will change if the Bills lose week 1.

You can kiss life as you know it goodbye if the Bills fail on the field.

I got my pistol on the counter beside the recliner now, ready for it.  If we lose I just dont think I will be able to move on and face the challenges ahead in life as I now know it now!

• Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think it is going to be a real tough opener. I don't see either team winning by more than 3 or 4 points. Two pretty evenly matched teams. I give the Bills a coaching advantage but the Jets have home field advantage. 

i think we need to air it out with some hurry up and put some points on the board early, then pound it after. hopefully we can catch them unprepared for that. bellichek is a genius in that he game plans for each opponent and we haven't had an oc close to that since ted.

14 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I saw Pro Football Talk the other day and Florio and Simms were saying they had us and the Jets right there in the mix and they thought one or other of us grabs a wildcard. That isn't that different to how I see it so the two head to heads matter even more than normal. 

i'll take it a step further.... I've been saying to anyone or anything around me that will listen that the pats aren't winning the division and it will either be the bills or the jets to do it. I think the pats still win 10 and get a wildcard as the 2nd team out of the east but I really truly believe either us or the jets rise up and have a big year..... which team I dunno. but bills or jets win the division.

have to remember the pats looked mortal last year in the regular season with 11 wins. they've lost gronk and both his replacements are out to start the year. they've lost a starting safety and a very good center.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

I'm all nervous and jerky with a high level of anxiety.  Facing Greggo and having to have our defense pitch a shutout? I can't think of a worse game to lose this year then game one.

Someone please tell me my fear is wrong.  It kinda sucks too that all the "beat reporters" are talking up Darnold. We need Oliver to take him out on the first series and beat Carp lips  to the punch.

Talk me off the ledge!.....probably stepping into one  there.

oh no i never get stressed.

Okay sometimes

But this why Opening day is so exciting !

GO BILLS !

40 minutes ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

I think they lose the opener, beat the Giants and Bengals, then ofc lose to the Pats.

say it aint so.  7 n 9. new around the joint. nice out look you have there, must be a realist?

I feel the first game is a statement game. they win, on the road against a division opponent, it sets the tone for what could be a good season. they lose, I feel it would really hurt going forward and could be in for a long season.

• Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Why does our defense have to pitch a shutout?

i think it's gonna be tough sledding if all we do is try to force the run on early downs. if they constantly get us in 3rd and longs , there will be a lot of 3 and outs and it's about time that's a thing of the past. we'll see

I get anxious about every Bills game for as long as they're in playoff contention each season. Every single one.

It'll be a hard fought matchup. 

Neither outcome would surprise me.

Weeks two and three the Bills should win. Week one? It's a coin flip to me.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

i'll take it a step further.... I've been saying to anyone or anything around me that will listen that the pats aren't winning the division and it will either be the bills or the jets to do it. I think the pats still win 10 and get a wildcard as the 2nd team out of the east but I really truly believe either us or the jets rise up and have a big year..... which team I dunno. but bills or jets win the division.

have to remember the pats looked mortal last year in the regular season with 11 wins. they've lost gronk and both his replacements are out to start the year. they've lost a starting safety and a very good center.

I am not going that far but have said a 3 horse division race that is live at least to Thanksgiving. 

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

I think they lose the opener, beat the Giants and Bengals, then ofc lose to the Pats.

I agreed up until the pats loss.... I think they head into that game 2-1 with a HUGE early season showdown at home vs the pats and take care of business.

pats have started 2-2 in 3 of their last 5 years.... the first month of the season is a good time to draw them in orchard park.

29 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I think the bills have a nice year but if i'm being perfectly honestly I expect a close loss week 1..... which will suck because it will be my first day down in Jamaica for my anniversary vacation.... a win would really set the week off right. 

ummm ...will suck a lot more for those who are not in jamaica....have a safe trip.