Is anybody else having anxiety about game one?

I'm all nervous and jerky with a high level of anxiety.  Facing Greggo and having to have our defense pitch a shutout? I can't think of a worse game to lose this year then game one.

Someone please tell me my fear is wrong.  It kinda sucks too that all the "beat reporters" are talking up Darnold. We need Oliver to take him out on the first series and beat Carp lips  to the punch.

Talk me off the ledge!.....probably stepping into one  there.

Edited by billsredneck1

I wouldn’t stress about it. Cuts aren’t coming up until after game 4, so let’s just hope you make the team first. Just keep studying your playbook and hope that you don’t get that knock on the door. I hope this helped. God bless!

Edited by Shooter McGavin
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 24
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, billsredneck1 said:

I'm all nervous and jerky with a high level of anxiety.  Facing Greggo and having to have our defense pitch a shutout? I can't think of a worse game to lose this year then game one.

Someone please tell me my fear is wrong.  It kinda sucks too that all the "beat reporters" are talking up Darnold. We need Oliver to take him out on the first series and beat Carp lips  to the punch.

Well I don't think our defense needs to pitch a shutout and I don't think it's any less winnable the last year.

The Jets are going to be weak at LB and secondary.  I expect some max protection schemes to give Allen a clean pocket and the receivers will have a good day.  In addition, that scheme has been weak against the run in the past.

One question for you - how has Williams done his last few teams?  Exactly.

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

I’m not a doctor and I don’t play one on tv but I think Xanax might help 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

I wouldn’t stress about it. Cuts aren’t coming up until after game 4, so let’s just hope you make the team first. Just keep studying your playbook and hope that you don’t get that knock on the door. I hope this helped. God bless!

i'm just gonna continue to go out and make plays, make the most of my opportunities and let the chips fall where they may. at the end of the day this is a business and i can only control what i can control......did i get it right?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

The Jets are going to be weak at LB and secondary.  I expect some max protection schemes to give Allen a clean pocket and the receivers will have a good day.  In addition, that scheme has been weak against the run in the past.

One question for you - how has Williams done his last few teams?  Exactly.

that's what i'm hanging my hat on. hoping dabes has some bellichek up his sleeve.

19 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

I get this way before every game since early '70s

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

You should be worried. Just think about how your life will change if the Bills lose week 1.

You can kiss life as you know it goodbye if the Bills fail on the field.

this is why i average starting one thread a year.....guess i'll never learn

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

No anxiety at all.

I live among Jet fans. They overhype their team every season.  This year’s Jets are overhyped, like usual.  Their offensive line is nothing special.  They’ve got two starting linebackers out.  Their secondary is questionable, at best.  If our “new” offensive line hold up against their front, then we’ve got no problems.  I’ve got no worries about our defense.  None. 

Get off off the ledge, bro. We got this first one.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Yeah I'm nervous, not yet necessarily.  When game time comes around the anxiety will be there.  

I think there's a lot of importance for our franchise in this game.  Division rival in a very similar situation as us.  I want our QB to be better than theirs - I want our team to be further ahead than theirs - I want some questions to start having some answers to them.  

For those trying to equate this to life's seriousness - come off it - we're just talking about football importance.