Miami considers itself the leader for acquiring Clowney; he doesn’t want to go there

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

You don't want to give up a 2nd round pick for one of the best rushers in football? 

I don't think he's been that caliber of pass-rusher to this point in his NFL career. He's been a pretty good pass-rusher and a great run-defender. Still a very good player overall though, though there's always the question of how he'd look if he didn't have Watt across from him.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, DCOrange said:

I don't think he's been that caliber of pass-rusher to this point in his NFL career. He's been a pretty good pass-rusher and a great run-defender. Still a very good player overall though, though there's always the question of how he'd look if he didn't have Watt across from him.

He'd probably be better as a pure 4-3 DE. Especially with Hughes/Oliver pushing QBs his way and vice versa. Apparently he doesn't rush every pass play in Hou since he's a LB/DE hybrid in their system.

17 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

So Miami gives up a (probably high) 2nd Round Pick.... to rent Jadeveon Clowney for exactly one-year... during a season most are expecting them to win less than 5 games.  And then after the season concludes, he will become a Free Agent and sign with Seattle or Philadelphia.

I'm 100% down with this.

If it's not us, I'm fine with Miami for the reasons you stated.  Plus, JA hurdling over him :)

1 minute ago, iinii said:

Clowney prefers to play for the Seahawks or the Eagles, per Wilson, and as an unsigned player, Clowney could chose to continue holding out rather than go to a team not of his liking.

3 minutes ago, teef said:

whacking off?

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=whacking+off

This appears to be a bad move for the fins - not sure they get one more win while losing draft picks and spending cap.   Unless they think Rosen is the future franchise QB, assuming he can beat out Fitz.

I am all in favor of division rivals making stupid moves.

18 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

PERFECT, he would give them the extra couple wins to miss the 1st overall pick

I think you are massively overrating Clowney, and that is coming from a guy who is pretty high on him myself. I’m not sure there is a DE in the entire league that gives a team an extra couple of wins. Khalil Mack is the only one I could see making an argument for, and he probably gives a team an extra 2 wins MAX. 

8 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Most organizations strive for a turnaround at the pace the rams or chiefs did, rather than a plodding many year process. 

Depends on what you consider the starting point for the turnaround. 

Rams the rebuild starts with Donald in 2014 and Gurley in 2015 - so about 4 years to replace and rebuild.  It was plodding along until they got their QB in year 3 and then signed a ton of FA (sounds about like Buffalo - hmm).

Chiefs - they have not rebuilt since 2012.  They have been in the playoffs and building a team for 6 years - no turnaround - their record last year was the same as 2 years before.

3 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Man Wawrow is ragging them big time.  That is at least his second tweet directly a the podcast calling them out - makes me laugh!

• Haha (+1) 1

To be honest, we don't need Clowney...particularly at what we would need to give up for him.  He would not be that big of a difference maker on this team, particularly at this stage of the game.  We are building a team.  That means we want team players.  Let the Dolphins wreck their team with this dumb ass move.  Having said that, my guess is he's going to end up on the Eagles.  I said this a few days ago.  They need helph on their D-line and have depth on their oline and at wide receiver that they could offer in addition to draft picks.  BTW, I liked O'Brien when he coached at Penn State, but he's a bit of a jerk in the Pros.  (For all I know he was a jerk at PSU as well.)  With him as Houston's functional GM (or disfunctional as the case may be), Houston will likely get fleeced in any trade.

1 minute ago, jkeerie said:

To be honest, we don't need Clowney...particularly at what we would need to give up for him.  He would not be that big of a difference maker on this team, particularly at this stage of the game.  We are building a team.  That means we want team players.  Let the Dolphins wreck their team with this dumb ass move.  Having said that, my guess is he's going to end up on the Eagles.  I said this a few days ago.  They need helph on their D-line and have depth on their oline and at wide receiver that they could offer in addition to draft picks.  BTW, I liked O'Brien when he coached at Penn State, but he's a bit of a jerk in the Pros.  (For all I know he was a jerk at PSU as well.)  With him as Houston's functional GM (or disfunctional as the case may be), Houston will likely get fleeced in any trade.

and why wouldn't you want the Bills to be the ones doing the fleecing? 

How is Clowney not a team player?