Miami considers itself the leader for acquiring Clowney; he doesn’t want to go there

YoloinOhio

Sounds like the reports that came out when Buffalo was rumored to trade for than not trade A Brown.  Clowney doesnt sign tender he isnt traded.  Buffalo imo still isnt out of it.  They have a top defense and could pitch Clowney puts them into contender status.  Much like how Mack was credited for the turn around.  Even Chi had a top 10 defense the year before.

16 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

So does he not consider Houston a contender? They went 11-5 last year. 

Check that - he is interested in playing for a contender that will pay him what he wants.  Apparently that’s not Houston.

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

Despite all this, the Dolphins are clearly at the head of the pack of teams trying to land Clowney because they believe their meeting with him went very well and so far they are the only one team that has met with him.

Part of that meeting included the Dolphins laying out their vision for what they hope to be in the future. Clowney apparently came into the meeting with apprehension of what the Dolphins are likely to be short-term, in 2019, with a roster that lacks an obvious star quarterback.

Lol. Long term vision from a team that just sent a 2nd rounder for a second year QB and are now starting a 50 year old instead. 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

Despite all this, the Dolphins are clearly at the head of the pack of teams trying to land Clowney because they believe their meeting with him went very well and so far they are the only one team that has met with him.

Part of that meeting included the Dolphins laying out their vision for what they hope to be in the future. Clowney apparently came into the meeting with apprehension of what the Dolphins are likely to be short-term, in 2019, with a roster that lacks an obvious star quarterback.

That photo looks like my kid trying to get away from me when I have to take to the doctor to get his vaccinations.

• Haha (+1) 2

So Miami gives up a (probably high) 2nd Round Pick.... to rent Jadeveon Clowney for exactly one-year... during a season most are expecting them to win less than 5 games.  And then after the season concludes, he will become a Free Agent and sign with Seattle or Philadelphia.

I'm 100% down with this.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, FLFan said:

Check that - he is interested in playing for a contender that will pay him what he wants.  Apparently that’s not Houston.

He’s playing on the tag either way this year. He’s a FA next year unless he gets tagged again. The 2nd tag is 19+ mill.

Edited by YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, klos63 said:

if you can get him for a 2nd, I think it makes sense.

Exactly. You would think Bills fans would understand the value.

An elite pass rusher for a 2nd round pick? Why does it matter where they are in their rebuild? If they draft their future QB next year he will be on a rookie contract while Clowney is getting paid. 

• Like (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, DBilz2500 said:

Of course. As usual we miss out to a tanking team....

Missed out or we never were really interested much to begin with.  I'm sure if we made a better offer, he'd be coming here assuming Clowney was OK with it.

Or he said no to both locations, and the Bills said fine, but for some dumb reason Miami is still going after him even if he told them he doesn't want to go there.  And O'Brien is pushing for it, maybe he's afraid if Clowney was added to Buffalo's already strong defense, we could easily end up knocking them out of the playoffs, which would be a real kick in the teeth to him, and could easily see him get fired.

23 minutes ago, The Plastic Cup said:

Why would Clowney want that?  Unless warm weather and low expectations appeals to him.

Didn't McD mention some player just like the Palm Trees and Sunshine, vs wanting to play for a football town?!

If Clowney doesn't want Buffalo and football, than I don't think buffalo wants him.

Just now, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Missed out or we never were really interested much to begin with.  I'm sure if we made a better offer, he'd be coming here assuming Clowney was OK with it.

Or he said no to both locations, and the Bills said fine, but for some dumb reason Miami is still going after him even if he told them he doesn't want to go there.  And O'Brien is pushing for it, maybe he's afraid if Clowney was added to Buffalo's already strong defense, we could easily end up knocking them out of the playoffs, which would be a real kick in the teeth to him, and could easily see him get fired.

This. And maybe he is blocking out Gaine/Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, mjt328 said:

So Miami gives up a (probably high) 2nd Round Pick.... to rent Jadeveon Clowney for exactly one-year... during a season most are expecting them to win less than 5 games.  And then after the season concludes, he will become a Free Agent and sign with Seattle or Philadelphia.

I'm 100% down with this.

I'm guessing that's why the Dolphins had a meeting with him.

• Like (+1) 1