Miami considers itself the leader for acquiring Clowney; he doesn’t want to go there

YoloinOhio

Just now, Element115 said:

Pretty sad he'd go to the Dolphins over the Bills. 

I doubt we'll ever know if that's the case.. for two reason.

1- We'll never know who the Texans are actually letting him speak with.

2- We don't know how much the bills would be willing to pay, even if they could trade for him. 

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Yea.

No idea why Bills fan would be happy about this. Not sure if Clowney considers the Bills a contender but a 2nd round pick for him is a no brainer. Beane should do this in a heart beat.

I suspect some Bills fans are too fond of draft picks and cap space. They lose sight of the fact that those things become players and usually players  not quite as good as Clowney.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I honestly dont want to give up a 2nd for Clowney

Beane is killing it with these draft picks

Jesus. What's that 2nd rounder doing for you this season? Or even as a rookie next year? Could even be a future 2nd that doesn't contribute for another 3 years if ever.

Edited by Chemical

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea.

No idea why Bills fan would be happy about this. Not sure if Clowney considers the Bills a contender but a 2nd round pick for him is a no brainer. Beane should do this in a heart beat.

Because (A) he was never coming here and (B) a crappy Fins team will make him irrelevant in the grand scheme of thing.   

Miami has had this thing about signing "shiny object" free agents for several years now and look where its gotten them.  Steven Ross is worse than Ralph ever was and it a good thing for Bills fans...

Just now, Lurker said:

Because (A) he was never coming here and (B) a crappy Fins team will make him irrelevant in the grand scheme of thing.   

Miami has had this thing about signing "shiny object" free agents for several years now and look where its gotten them.  Steven Ross is worse than Ralph ever was and it a good thing for Bills fans...

If they keep getting players as good as Clowney for 2nd round picks they won’t be bad for long. 

He will still be a good player for very small relative price.

At what point in our rebuild did we sign Hughes? I’ll have to look it up but I think it was year -3 or so