Bills Leadership Panel of 17 players identified

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

And where does that belief come from? He's a good special teamer and plays a quarter of the time on offense. He's also a team leader. What will a 5th running back or 7th WR contribute that he doesn't?

Let's see if Duke Williams gets cut and DiMarco stays. I think that would be a mistake that a lot of people are anticipating.

Just now, The Bills Blog said:

Let's see if Duke Williams gets cut and DiMarco stays. I think that would be a mistake that a lot of people are anticipating.

How much playing time do you expect the 6th or 7th WR to get? Brown, Beasley, Jones, Foster, and probably Roberts are all ahead of him at WR. Not to mention the starting TE's who would catch balls ahead of him.

Just now, MJS said:

How much playing time do you expect the 6th or 7th WR to get? Brown, Beasley, Jones, Foster, and probably Roberts are all ahead of him at WR. Not to mention the starting TE's who would catch balls ahead of him.

I think his potential situational impact is greater than Pat's. Pat's just a guy. Duke is a beast with a lot of potential, especially going forward in future years.

1 minute ago, The Bills Blog said:

I think his potential situational impact is greater than Pat's. Pat's just a guy. Duke is a beast with a lot of potential, especially going forward in future years.

If Duke doesn't make the team it isn't because of Dimarco, it's because the coaches concluded that 6 other receivers were better than him.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

Good luck utilizing a power run game without a lead blocker.  His best year was also under Shanahan where he was a reliable outlet back.  Buffalo runs a multiple offense and he also allows them to go power run 1 play spread the next.  10 catches and maybe 1 highlight TD for Williams doesnt make Duke a larger impact.

7 minutes ago, MJS said:

If Duke doesn't make the team it isn't because of Dimarco, it's because the coaches concluded that 6 other receivers were better than him.

Meh. I'm not sure they always look at it that way. I think they come down to 5-6 guys at the bottom of the roster and talk about their value overall, not necessarily just looking at positional numbers in a rigid way.

2 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

Meh. I'm not sure they always look at it that way. I think they come down to 5-6 guys at the bottom of the roster and talk about their value overall, not necessarily just looking at positional numbers in a rigid way.

The different here is (right or wrong), they don’t consider DiMarco one of the 5-6 at the bottom of the roster 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Good luck utilizing a power run game without a lead blocker.  His best year was also under Shanahan where he was a reliable outlet back.  Buffalo runs a multiple offense and he also allows them to go power run 1 play spread the next.  10 catches and maybe 1 highlight TD for Williams doesnt make Duke a larger impact.

Other teams must have lots of good luck.

6 minutes ago, mattynh said:

Well if Dimarco makes it, I bet Croom is out.  Dimarco does not play much and does not seem very versatile....I figured they would move on from him....use Lee Smith or something for lead blocker.

He's a special teams fixture which makes him, effectively, a starter.  It will be interesting to see if Daboll uses any new formations to get him on the field on O this season.

10 minutes ago, mattynh said:

Well if Dimarco makes it, I bet Croom is out.  Dimarco does not play much and does not seem very versatile....I figured they would move on from him....use Lee Smith or something for lead blocker.

I think Croom is out regardless. He hasn’t been heathy or been able to practice or play. Maybe they can IR him but I’m sure he would prefer to be cut if it’s a short term injury. 

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

No McCoy...He was a team captain last year. 

https://theathletic.com/1161883/2019/08/26/projecting-the-bills-53-man-roster-heading-into-the-final-preseason-game/

Josh Allen 

pat DiMarco

Cole Beasley

john brown 

lee Smith

Mitch Morse 

dion Dawkins 

jon Feleciano 

Jerry hughes

trent Murphy 

star lotulelei

Tremaine edmunds 

Lorenzo alexander

micah Hyde 

Jordan poyer 

Kurt Coleman 

stephen Hauschka 

Per joe B, this designation is typically an indication of roster safety. 

The leadership panel is selected by the coaches.  IIRC, Shady wasn't on it last year either.

The captain positions are picked by the team.   I suspect McCoy will be a captain again this year.

For those of you slagging DiMarco, he's a leader of the special teams group which is why he's on the list:

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2019/7/9/20680541/who-will-lead-the-2019-buffalo-bills-in-special-teams-snaps

"The best place to start is to take a look at who led the team in special-teams snaps in 2018. As is standard practice, here’s a colorful table showing everyone who broke the 30% mark of special-teams play time last season."

2018_special_teams_mainstays.jpg

Edited by Lurker

I don't know how people are still shocked at Dimarco

Devlin is a huge part of New Englands offense. And we will need a FB to help open up some holes

The rigors a NFL FB go through are unreal,there is nobody else on our roster who can physically go through it

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Lurker said:

The leadership panel is selected by the coaches.  IIRC, Shady wasn't on it last year either.

The captain positions are picked by the team.   I suspect McCoy will be a captain again this year.

For those of you slagging DiMarco, he's a leader of the special teams group which is why he's on the list:

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2019/7/9/20680541/who-will-lead-the-2019-buffalo-bills-in-special-teams-snaps

"The best place to start is to take a look at who led the team in special-teams snaps in 2018. As is standard practice, here’s a colorful table showing everyone who broke the 30% mark of special-teams play time last season."

2018_special_teams_mainstays.jpg

I think Roberts is going to take over his leadership role on ST , no?

9 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

https://theathletic.com/1161883/2019/08/26/projecting-the-bills-53-man-roster-heading-into-the-final-preseason-game/

Josh Allen 

pat DiMarco

Cole Beasley

john brown 

lee Smith

Mitch Morse 

dion Dawkins 

jon Feleciano 

Jerry hughes

trent Murphy 

star lotulelei

Tremaine edmunds 

Lorenzo alexander

micah Hyde 

Jordan poyer 

Kurt Coleman 

stephen Hauschka 

The difference is this a PROJECTION it’s not an official announcement.  Some people seem to not understand this

2 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

The difference is this a PROJECTION it’s not an official announcement.  Some people seem to not understand this

The 53 is a projection, obviously. 

There is never an announcement on the leadership panel. Joe B identified the 17 at practice yesterday. That’s what the article says. There will be an announcement on captains, which is different. 

22 hours ago, MJS said:

Can one of the Dimarco haters explain why they hate him please? Thanks in advance.

There is always a good, not great player who becomes the target.  The opposite of the fringe WR who is the next star.  Not sure why this happens but is a constant.

On 8/27/2019 at 7:29 AM, YoloinOhio said:

Josh Allen 

pat DiMarco

Cole Beasley

john brown 

lee Smith

Mitch Morse 

dion Dawkins 

jon Feleciano 

Jerry hughes

trent Murphy 

star lotulelei

Tremaine edmunds 

Lorenzo alexander

micah Hyde 

Jordan poyer 

Kurt Coleman 

stephen Hauschka 

Going back to this. Only Coleman got cut and he’s likely to come back.  Definitely was a warning for Shady as Yolo said. 

• Like (+1) 2