Ruth Bader Ginsberg has pancreatic cancer

4 minutes ago, CarpetCrawler said:

God bless her, but liver cancer means metastasis and it is usually the kiss of death. The most aggressive treatment would probably not even give her another year based on my experiences with it.

When she finally passes (if she ever does) I hope there can be a study of her DNA because oh my goodness, is she tough.

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, CarpetCrawler said:

God bless her, but liver cancer means metastasis and it is usually the kiss of death. The most aggressive treatment would probably not even give her another year based on my experiences with it.

...she has had a pretty incredible run versus cancer going back to 1999.....pretty fortunate that 2009 pancreatic was operable because usually it is not.....colon, pancreatic twice, lung and now liver...….

by Kristin Reynolds  —  Aug 23, 2019   PCAN

Ginsburg was diagnosed with early stage pancreatic cancer in 2009. She had no symptoms of the disease – it was discovered during a regular checkup.

She had surgery to remove the body and tail of her pancreas, along with her spleen. Afterward, Ginsburg said the experience gave her “an enhanced appreciation for the joys of being alive.”

This summer, a tumor was detected on her pancreas, and a biopsy was performed.

Ginsburg has had four bouts with cancer, including colon cancer in 1999 and, in late 2018, cancerous nodules were removed from her left lung.

Radiation therapy is one of several treatment options for pancreatic cancer.

The goal is to stop the tumor from growing or to shrink it, while not harming the healthy organ or tissue nearby. Radiation therapy is used to treat small, localized tumors within the pancreas.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Conservatives certainly should hope a seat opens before the election, and that Mitch moves quickly to fill the seat with a candidate that the dems will quickly move to disembowel. 

All the best to RBG and I certainly hope she's pain free and doing well. 

Exactly, no honor on your side at all. Do as you clowns say not as you do. 

Republicans are just classless 

This is why Dems should move quickly and add PR and DC as states, 

8 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

....you love to paint with that broad brush but can never stay within the lines...try paint by number..............

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....you love to paint with that broad brush but can never stay within the lines...try paint by number..............

Should we wait till after the election? Like we did when Scalia croaked? 

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

...first, battling her FIFTH bout is unconscionable.....the mother of one of my buddies beat brain cancer and one other, eventually passing at 91 but cancer free.....and don't give the Scalia thing without being DEAD HONEST that the Dems would have done the same damn thing......hopefully NOT, but if Ginsberg significantly declined between now and November, should she retire or be steadfast until her last breath?....what would be in the best interest of the Court and country?.....trying to answer objectively is well beyond your purview....SMH...

4 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...first, battling her FIFTH bout is unconscionable.....the mother of one of my buddies beat brain cancer and one other, eventually passing at 91 but cancer free.....and don't give the Scalia thing without being DEAD HONEST that the Dems would have done the same damn thing......hopefully NOT, but if Ginsberg significantly declined between now and November, should she retire or be steadfast until her last breath?....what would be in the best interest of the Court and country?.....trying to answer objectively is well beyond your purview....SMH...

Based on what I've seen from the left, if Ginsberg starts to significantly decline and she is found to have difficulty functioning both physically and mentally on a daily basis, the next course of action will be to have her retire from the bench so she can be Biden's running mate.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, IDBillzFan said:

Based on what I've seen from the left, if Ginsberg starts to significantly decline and she is found to have difficulty functioning both physically and mentally on a daily basis, the next course of action will be to have her retire from the bench so she can be Biden's running mate.

...Nancy Pelosi does NOT approve of this message......

19 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

From the perspective of advancing her ideals she should have retired while Obama was President.  Then a like minded replacement could have been chosen.  While I have no personal ill will towards RBG it was her own ego that put a seat on the SC in jeopardy for liberals.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, RochesterRob said:

From the perspective of advancing her ideals she should have retired while Obama was President.  Then a like minded replacement could have been chosen.  While I have no personal ill will towards RBG it was her own ego that put a seat on the SC in jeopardy for liberals.  

....very good point......

49 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I have no idea what you're attempting to say about honor and class, but that's ok, I'm certain you don't know what you're saying either.  

Why would a conservative voter want a conservative senate to wait until after election season to appoint a conservative judge?   Feel free to substitute "liberal" for the words underlined if it helps you wrap your head around your silliness. 

14 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I have no idea what you're attempting to say about honor and class, but that's ok, I'm certain you don't know what you're saying either.  

Why would a conservative voter want a conservative senate to wait until after election season to appoint a conservative judge?   Feel free to substitute "liberal" for the words underlined if it helps you wrap your head around your silliness. 

...he has NEITHER....he's a broad brush labeler...........it's the same 'ol "always attack...never defend" position due to ineptitude to engage in constructive dialogue....I'm an independent leaning conservative, yet the clown broad brushes most thread posts as "Republicans are classless"....and I NEVER said anything derogatory or political about the woman's health issues......

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Who in the Administration said they wouldn't?  BTW, you rail about no honor and classlessness by Republicans, but then say, 'when Scalia croaked', that's why you're thought of as a hypocrite. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, CarpetCrawler said:

Who in the Administration said they wouldn't?  BTW, you rail about no honor and classlessness by Republicans, but then say, 'when Scalia croaked', that's why you're thought of as a hypocrite. 

...what if Justice Ginsberg, a four time cancer survivor (now battling #5) had sadly passed leading up to Obama's re-election bid?.....do you SERIOUSLY think as the clown suggested regarding Scalia that the Dems would have waited then until after the election?.....he once again solidified his position as a PPP fraud, equal action out of BOTH sides of his mouth.....

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Why should he?

He invoked the Biden rule in 2016, and the liberals screamed bloody murder. I'm sure they're going to be totally fine if he listens to them and goes forward with a nomination in 2020.

• Like (+1) 2

Tough woman.

The Conservative in me wants her to retire and be replaced with a Conservative judge.

Whatever the case may be, whether she stays, retires, Trump wins or Biden wins, I hope she somehow beats this again and lives to be 100.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Tiberius said:

And there it is. We should give DC and PR statehood for political purposes. ***** doing it so those living there have proper representation. 

15 hours ago, CarpetCrawler said:

You think they will wait until after the election? Bull 

Right now, all we hearing is frogs croaking, lol 

Croak 

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

You think they will wait until after the election? Bull 

Right now, all we hearing is frogs croaking, lol 

Croak 

...and if Ginsberg unfortunately passed prior to Barry's re-election, the Dems would have waited, right?......give us your Scalia line.....fraud.......

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...and if Ginsberg unfortunately passed prior to Barry's re-election, the Dems would have waited, right?......give us your Scalia line.....fraud.......

Well, the idiots on the left didn't like it when the Biden rule was used in 2016, so McConnell should placate them by not invoking it again, should the unfortunate happen.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

All this is true, stents are replaced  if need be, but it not as routine as they make it. 

In a very elderly patient you would try to avoid 

ANY replacement unless you needed to,
to avoid possible infection. 

It sounds like she had some blockage which necessitated the revision 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• 1 month later...

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/politics/presiding-justice-rbg-officiates-family-friends-wedding/ar-BB18ySpv?ocid=uxbndlbing

This just goes to show that if RBG can officiate a wedding after treatment for cancer at her age, there is no reason why you cannot vote in person. She is the definition of "at risk" with her age and her health issues.

Edited by KRC
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, KRC said:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/politics/presiding-justice-rbg-officiates-family-friends-wedding/ar-BB18ySpv?ocid=uxbndlbing

This just goes to show that if RBG can officiate a wedding after treatment for cancer at her age, there is no reason why you cannot vote in person. She is the definition of "at risk" with her age and her health issues.

And Pelosi is 80 and her stint to the salon sans-mask shows that the people in power don't believe Covid is a threat. 

Anyone still locking themselves down after these two examples are happy being serfs. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 7/17/2020 at 3:44 PM, Tiberius said:

If DC became a state, would they need to elect a governor? How would you parse out duties between the governor and the mayor of a 1 city state? This was legitimately my shower thought this morning 😂

15 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

If DC became a state, would they need to elect a governor? How would you parse out duties between the governor and the mayor of a 1 city state? This was legitimately my shower thought this morning 😂

Well, glad you showered off that dirty thought. 

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

It would be a City-State, so governor and Mayer would be one and the same, maybe. ?? 

• 3 weeks later...