Ruth Bader Ginsberg has pancreatic cancer

All I'm stating is that you don't recover from pancreatic cancer.They might help you live longer, bit it does win out.It is vert likely they will both pass by the end of the year.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 5/6/2020 at 12:37 AM, 4merper4mer said:

I don't like her politics but she is tough as nails.

Fo sho.  If I’m 1/4th as sharp mentally as she is when I’m 87 (if I even live that long), I’ll be a happy camper.

• Like (+1) 2

Like I said the last time she  went in the hospital, its time for her to retire and live out her remaining time  in peace and with her family.  I was attacked by the usual group of idiots here for saying this then.

Edited by Wacka
  • Like (+1) 7

15 hours ago, Wacka said:

Like I said the last time she  went in the hospital, its time for her to retire and live out her remaining time  in peace and with her family.  I was attacked by the usual group of idiots here for saying this then.

I don't disagree, but she needs to make her own choices in life. If she's happy continuing to be on the bench, then so be it.

I strongly suspect that she's waiting to see if Biden is elected, were she actually considering retirement.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

I don't disagree, but she needs to make her own choices in life. If she's happy continuing to be on the bench, then so be it.

I strongly suspect that she's waiting to see if Biden is elected, were she actually considering retirement.

I suspect she was actually ready to retire right up to election night 2016.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Wacka said:

This may be exactly how she wants to live out her remaining time. Unless she’s being “forced” to hang on until the election. I surely hope that’s not what is going on here. 

7 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Unless she’s being “forced” to hang on until the election. I surely hope that’s not what is going on here. 

You mean like how Scalia was “forced” to hang it up?

Edited by Niagara

On 7/15/2020 at 9:45 AM, Chef Jim said:

This may be exactly how she wants to live out her remaining time. Unless she’s being “forced” to hang on until the election. I surely hope that’s not what is going on here. 

I'm sure she's 100% on board with hanging on till election day.

As much as I'm tiring of the Trump nonsense, giving him four more years to remake the courts including replacing Ginsberg and hopefully Breyer would immeasurably benefit the nation.

• Like (+1) 3

She’s hanging in there on the Court because she thinks her position on the court is important to Democrats and doubtless it is, but in the meantime one can’t imagine that’s helpful to her personal health.

She’s now had multiple bouts of cancer and other illnesses, with a lot in the past couple of years. She’s previously had colon, pancreatic and lung cancer, now it’s in the liver. She’s definitely a fighter.

We’re hearing about such news after she’s already had the recurrence for awhile I think until it can be framed in a more positive manner to make people feel better.

May the Lord's light shine upon her...........

17 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Is McConnell going to wait until after the election if a seat opens? 

Conservatives certainly should hope a seat opens before the election, and that Mitch moves quickly to fill the seat with a candidate that the dems will quickly move to disembowel. 

All the best to RBG and I certainly hope she's pain free and doing well.