Ruth Bader Ginsberg has pancreatic cancer

12 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Don't make me force majeure you right up the res ipsa loquitur, mother *****!

Crap. I was anglicizing res ipsa loquitor and input veni vidi vici. I wasn't even trying to sound tough, I just $#@!ed it up. Though...

It's tough getting old.  Some of you take advantage of me with your youth privilege. 

I'm the real victim here. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Crap. I was anglicizing res ipsa loquitor and input veni vidi vici. I wasn't even trying to sound tough, I just $#@!ed it up. Though...

It's tough getting old.  Some of you take advantage of me with your youth privilege. 

I'm the real victim here. 

Caveat emptor.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 8/24/2019 at 7:57 AM, Buffalo_Gal said:

I'm not sure which RBG thread I should be posted in. {insert dazed and confused emoji}
Analysis: Justice Ginsburg’s “Bile Duct Stent” – A Treatment Typically Used in Advanced Cases to Provide End of Life Care
</snip> (the statement put out)
This is important because a biliary stent is only installed if a tumor was large enough to cause blockage of the bile duct from the liver to the intestine.
It is typically performed in cases where the patient has cancer on the duct itself and often predicates liver cancer.
Again the stent is typically only used in advanced cases and often only surgery is done for early cases:
</snip>

Radiation is also the last resort when surgery is no longer possible; also a sign its in an advanced stage. They really only do it to extend a person's life (months), at the cost of their quality of life; a cure at that point is deemed unrealistic. They are really going to try and keep her on the bench until she dies...

I wonder if she refused to step down under Obama, (when her Cancer was first diagnosed) because she wanted Hilary to choose her replacement. ?

Edited by unbillievable

On 8/23/2019 at 6:19 PM, whatdrought said:

From a purely neautral stand point, as far as partisanship and the court goes, she made a terrible miss-calculation by not retiring during the Obama admin. The reward for the idiocy that everyone assumed Hillary was a shoe in is going to be paid in full if she passes or has to step down and Trump is given another seat to fill. 

Her problem was more ego as she wasn't convinced Obama couldn't successfully appoint somebody as liberal as her.  Here's what she had to say in September of 2014 when the filibuster was still in place.  She's of the mindset that McConnell's shenanigans forced Reid to end the federal judge filibuster.

If I resign any time this year, he could not successfully appoint anyone I would like to see in the court. [The Senate Republicans] took off the filibuster for lower federal court appointments, but it remains for this court. So anybody who thinks that if I step down, Obama could appoint someone like me, they’re misguided.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

Her problem was more ego as she wasn't convinced Obama couldn't successfully appoint somebody as liberal as her.  Here's what she had to say in September of 2014 when the filibuster was still in place.  She's of the mindset that McConnell's shenanigans forced Reid to end the federal judge filibuster.

If I resign any time this year, he could not successfully appoint anyone I would like to see in the court. [The Senate Republicans] took off the filibuster for lower federal court appointments, but it remains for this court. So anybody who thinks that if I step down, Obama could appoint someone like me, they’re misguided.

She chose poorly.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/25/2019 at 8:36 AM, SoCal Deek said:

Very very well said. This is it in nutshell! (By the way, the vast majority of the American public believes this as well.)

the Courts usually make the law, always have, always will.

6 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Her problem was more ego as she wasn't convinced Obama couldn't successfully appoint somebody as liberal as her.  Here's what she had to say in September of 2014 when the filibuster was still in place. 

Her Cancer was first diagnosed in 2009 when the Democrats had full control. She should have stepped down then.

Obama appointed Sotomayer, which is MORE liberal than she is...

On 8/25/2019 at 11:00 AM, Koko78 said:

Any judge (especially with a lifetime appointment) that gives a flying crap about being "popular" should not be on the bench.

Which is why they were made as lifetime appointments.  The move to limit terms will make the court even more political.

15 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

Which is why they were made as lifetime appointments.  The move to limit terms will make the court even more political.

i can't imagine how it could be more political than it has been since Day One.

1 hour ago, unbillievable said:

Her Cancer was first diagnosed in 2009 when the Democrats had full control. She should have stepped down then.

Obama appointed Sotomayer, which is MORE liberal than she is...

That was before the Tea Party infiltration in Congress though then they got Sotomayer through and the Dems had the supermajority (for the most part) in the Senate.  Ginsburg beat cancer in '99 and again in '09 when they caught the cancer in the early stages.  Being only 75 at the time I can see why she wasn't ready to retire and also didn't see the Tea Party coming.  

On 8/26/2019 at 6:40 PM, SoCal Deek said:

I’m going to hope this is sarcasm. If not, your ignorance is hanging out. You may want to check your fly.

yes, the textbooks say they INTERPRET the law, so that settles it for 90% of people.... like you i guess? 

the courts MAKE the law whenever they want to

sadly it's often because our elected legislatures won't do this when it's required of them

Edited by row_33