Ruth Bader Ginsberg has pancreatic cancer

5 hours ago, keepthefaith said:

And for the 20th time or so, why do these people work until they're dead?  Not just judges but many pols too.  They're choice obviously but it sure seems like one's last healthy years can be better enjoyed doing something else. 

They don't want to give up the power and prestige of their position.

2 hours ago, Koko78 said:

They don't want to give up the power and prestige of their position.

Don't discount the fact that even people we don't agree with (like RBG) have a passion for what they do and truly feel that they are making a difference.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Tiberius said:

I have no worries. The court can't venture too far from public opinion without facing a serious backlash 

You seriously think the court makes their decisions based on public opinion?  Any judge that uses that as a basis for their decisions should be stripped of their robes.  Your stupidity never disappoints 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

You seriously think the court makes their decisions based on public opinion?  Any judge that uses that as a basis for their decisions should be stripped of their robes.  Your stupidity never disappoints 

If we strip any of those 9 we won't be able to unsee it.

• Haha (+1) 1

I'm not sure which RBG thread I should be posted in. {insert dazed and confused emoji}

Analysis: Justice Ginsburg’s “Bile Duct Stent” – A Treatment Typically Used in Advanced Cases to Provide End of Life Care

</snip> (the statement put out)

This is important because a biliary stent is only installed if a tumor was large enough to cause blockage of the bile duct from the liver to the intestine.

It is typically performed in cases where the patient has cancer on the duct itself and often predicates liver cancer.

Again the stent is typically only used in advanced cases and often only surgery is done for early cases:

</snip>

4 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Liberals believe the President legislates, the courts execute, and the legislature merely advocates.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Chef, you really cooked up a grade A BS sandwich there. It goes like this:

You have an election. 

The person with the most votes becomes president. 

The President makes laws and stuff because he/she is really popular with the people. 

The judge wants to be popular (everyone does) so ipso facto he/she listens to the president. 

The judge then rules by president ipso facto following the popular public opinion of the day. 

Ergo, the court makes their decision based on public opinion. 

Democracy Uno Zed Uno. 

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

The judge wants to be popular (everyone does) so ipso facto he/she listens to the president. 

Any judge (especially with a lifetime appointment) that gives a flying crap about being "popular" should not be on the bench.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Koko78 said:

Any judge (especially with a lifetime appointment) that gives a flying crap about being "popular" should not be on the bench.

Overruled.  I used Ipso Facto and Ergo in laying out my case. Veni vidi vici. 

I'm beginning to question whether or not you actually went to law school. ?

• Haha (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Don't make me force majeure you right up the res ipsa loquitur, mother *****!

• Haha (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

He's actually Frank Abagnale Jr. and Carl Hanratty is still trying to figure out how he passed the bar.

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

He's actually Frank Abagnale Jr. and Carl Hanratty is still trying to figure out how he passed the bar.

I used my White Privilege check to pay off the bar examiners...

• Like (+1) 1