What do you think of Millennials?

Another Fan

This all depends......WHICH millennial? I had two VERY hard working and humble millennials over for dinner last night. One was a dual major, plus a Masters and CPA starting his MBA in a couple weeks. He would get up about 5:00am in HS football to be sure he had time to hit the gym before two-a-days. The other was top of her class in college, starts at Vanderbilt law school next month. Appreciates all of her blessings.

Then there are the others. Which one are we talking about? 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I've seen a lot of manpower go to waste because of unions.

Come in Saturday.  we might have work ..  Union worker goes to work, the boards are not ready for test, said worker(s) sit and read a book for 4 hours then go home collecting OT pay 

Someone from management agreed to the clause and language being in the collective agreement.  If it was that important an issue, management should have addressed it at negotiations.

After having served on negotiating committees on behalf of the union’s side, I noted management often will ‘trip over 100 dollar bills to pick up nickels’.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

This all depends......WHICH millennial? I had two VERY hard working and humble millennials for dinner last night. One was a dual major, plus a Masters and CPA starting hi MBA in a couple weeks. He would get up about 5:00am in HS football to be sure he had time to hit the gym before two-a-days. The other was top of her class in college, starts at Vanderbilt law school next month. Appreciates all of her blessings.

Hello, Mr. Dahmer.  Do Millennials taste any different than Gen Xers?

• Haha (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Hello, Mr. Dahmer.  Do Millennials taste any different than Gen Xers?

The Chianti was delightful! 

It was more of a Silence of the Lambs-like event. 

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Augie said:

This all depends......WHICH millennial? I had two VERY hard working and humble millennials over for dinner last night. One was a dual major, plus a Masters and CPA starting his MBA in a couple weeks. He would get up about 5:00am in HS football to be sure he had time to hit the gym before two-a-days. The other was top of her class in college, starts at Vanderbilt law school next month. Appreciates all of her blessings.

The accomplishments of the young in Toronto are unheard of, mostly the children of immigrants from Hong Kong and India 

2 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

He's a millennial.  Can even go as early as 1977.  But, I think that is too early.

Xers are really a small splintered group defined by being closer to how Boomers behave or how Millennials behave.  But, like I said... Those two are echoes of each other.

I think you really do see thr shift with the kids being born in the 1970s... SO much radically changed during the years, namely the way children were educated at the elementary education level...

1980 is definitely millennial. So much changed that year.

LoL... 1984 is a millennial! 

I was born in 1977 and consider myself a Gen X.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

“Every generation imagines itself to be more intelligent than the one that went before it, and wiser than the one that comes after it.”

George Orwell

1*huBZQkUG-SJws1h6tbproA.png

Ummmmmmmm   

1981 - 1996  

post 1997 

WTF happened to the people born "post 1996" and  "pre" - post 1997?  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

I am approaching my 6th year as a boys varsity lacrosse coach, and the kids just get worse and worse every year.  There are many exceptions to the rule, of course, but I find that every year the kids seem to become increasingly mentally weak, lazy and undisciplined.  Just whiny little crybabies.

If I start out with 27 or 28 kids, I know I’m going to lose 7 or 8 once they learn that they have to actually work hard and are not going to be instant all-americans.

The good ones (I call them throw back kids) are the ones with good parents.  Parents that are supportive, but also hold their kids accountable.  

The ***** birds, most often, have parents who are weak themselves.  Let the kids get away with murder, and do their best to “bulldoze” any adversity that their kids face due to their actions.

This is my last year as HC.  I told myself when I started that when the BS starts to outweigh the benefit, it would be time to pass the baton.  

16 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I am approaching my 6th year as a boys varsity lacrosse coach, and the kids just get worse and worse every year.  There are many exceptions to the rule, of course, but I find that every year the kids seem to become increasingly mentally weak, lazy and undisciplined.  Just whiny little crybabies.

If I start out with 27 or 28 kids, I know I’m going to lose 7 or 8 once they learn that they have to actually work hard and are not going to be instant all-americans.

The good ones (I call them throw back kids) are the ones with good parents.  Parents that are supportive, but also hold their kids accountable.  

The ***** birds, most often, have parents who are weak themselves.  Let the kids get away with murder, and do their best to “bulldoze” any adversity that their kids face due to their actions.

This is my last year as HC.  I told myself when I started that when the BS starts to outweigh the benefit, it would be time to pass the baton.  

That sounds like Irondequout Soccer League / Camp when my oldest was 8 and I was managing / coaching.

You start out with 12 or 13 kids in April / May and by August I was lucky to have 7 or 8 kids on the team.  (barely enough to play) 

seems nothings changed   LOL

3 hours ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

I'm 41, definitely don't consider myself a millennial

About to turn 41 later this week, and for sure don't consider myself a millennial. Wouldn't it make more sense to make the dividing line those who remember life even pre-dial up internet vs. learning how to read on an Ipad?  

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

That sounds like Irondequout Soccer League / Camp when my oldest was 8 and I was managing / coaching.

You start out with 12 or 13 kids in April / May and by August I was lucky to have 7 or 8 kids on the team.  (barely enough to play) 

seems nothings changed   LOL

For me it’s the kids who like the idea of being on the lacrosse team, but once they realize they have to actually work hard and are not going to become instant stars, they find some lame excuse to quit.  It’s instant gratification or quit the team, and the parents let it happen.  Really, I rarely place the blame on the kids.  Their parents just suck.

3 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

About to turn 41 later this week, and for sure don't consider myself a millennial. Wouldn't it make more sense to make the dividing line those who remember life even pre-dial up internet vs. learning how to read on an Ipad?  

You’re gen X like me bro.  I just made it being born in ‘79 ?

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

I'm 41, definitely don't consider myself a millennial

Very close.  You are more Millennial than Xer.  I am 51, more Boomer than Xer.  

Generation X is a hard to define generation.  Almost a "Lost Generation."  It probably should be called that if the Lost Generation didn't already exist.  My parents were "Lost Generation."

If Millennials are echoes of Baby Boomers... Maybe Xers are Generation v.2.0.

Lost Generation is defined by the Counter Culture... And that my parents were... 

Let me ask you this?  Are your parents Boomers?  If they are, you are probably more Millennial.

Yet... Some research defines pinning Millennials all the way back to 1977 birth year.  I like to define it more on when your parents were born.

Just saying.  Great topic OP!  Luv it!

12 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

For me it’s the kids who like the idea of being on the lacrosse team, but once they realize they have to actually work hard and are not going to become instant stars, they find some lame excuse to quit.  It’s instant gratification or quit the team, and the parents let it happen.  Really, I rarely place the blame on the kids.  Their parents just suck.

You’re gen X like me bro.  I just made it being born in ‘79 ?

Are your parents Boomers.  Then I would pin you as a Millennial... There is a "cusp" here.  No hard lines.  I would say anybody born between 1977-1984 can be Millennial, depending on their parent's tendencies.

Generation X is really Lost Generation v.2.0.

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

I was born in 1977 and consider myself a Gen X.

When were your parents born?

If pre-1950...Would define you as Xer... So much overlap.  But you are Xer, but have Millennial leaning.

I would define Xers as NOT children of Boomers.  BUT push definition of Boomers to 1950-1955.

There is lots of overlap here.  No set definitions.

3 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Are kids allowed to work part time, and play on teams, getting to play even if they miss lots of practises?

My daughter is having a hell of a time @ 17.  Nobody wants to take risk unless she is 18.

That's NOT a parent issue.

I am talking normal jobs, corporate, retail, etc...

3 hours ago, Logic said:

Thanks for this post.

I can't help but wonder how a "what do you think of baby boomers?" post would go. I also can't help but wonder how the OP THOUGHT this thread would turn out. When asking for opinions on an entire generation of people, I can't imagine the conversation going any direction but sideways.

I keep on reiterating... Millennials are also defined as Echo Boomers.  They Echo their parents.

Millennials will be fine.  They have the numbers on their side.

• Like (+1) 1

Here is a question!

Who's on their parent's cellphone plan?

Whoever is... Is DEFINITELY a Millennial!

And in the rare occasion their parent's are pn theirs, then they are still a Millennial... Just a well off one helping their Boomer parents.

Now... My in-laws are Lost Generation.  I finally had to say stop being bled dry with an individual plan on an obsolete 2010 flip phone.  I gave them a  iPhone 4s (new battery) and for $20 more on my Verizon plan... They get unlimited everything.

I tell them it's free... Or they simply would stop using a CellPhone.  They are in 80s and closest family is 400-500 miles away.  My BiL further, out West.

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think they are just like every generation before them.

A lot of them good and a lot of them suck....a lot in between.  

Mostly suck.  LoL...

My Bro just lamenting how his 33 year old is still on his cell plan.  Now, like I said above, that's okay if she is dealing with a 10 year old phone and it's only $20/month extra.

39 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Are your parents Boomers.  Then I would pin you as a Millennial... There is a "cusp" here.  No hard lines.  I would say anybody born between 1977-1984 can be Millennial, depending on their parent's tendencies.

Generation X is really Lost Generation v.2.0.

Depends, my mother and father were both born in ‘49.  None of my grandparents served in WWII.  My paternal grandfather served in Korea.

I remember my Italian teacher in HS used to tell us all the time (in his heavy Italian accent) “Generation X is supposed to be the cream of the crop, but it appears as though the cream has spoiled.”  Were there high expectations for Gen X?

One interesting thing is my company has their Plant Managers and other Plant Leaders take a millennial class.  It's basically a class to help the old school managers deal with millennial.  There's been frequent issues with the Plant/Mill leaders and the younger engineers....so they created this class.

Most of the time it's a baby boomer Manager who doesn't have an engineering degree.  We require degrees now for plant leader roles but not when these guys first started.

They just completely have different philosophies. 

4 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Here is a question!

And in the rare occasion their parent's are pn theirs, then they are still a Millennial... Just a well off one helping their Boomer parents.

Now... My in-laws are Lost Generation.  I finally had to say stop being bled dry with an individual plan on an obsolete 2010 flip phone.  I gave them a  iPhone 4s (new battery) and for $20 more on my Verizon plan... They get unlimited everything.

I tell them it's free... Or they simply would stop using a CellPhone.  They are in 80s and closest family is 400-500 miles away.  My BiL further, out West.

Mostly suck.  LoL...

My Bro just lamenting how his 33 year old is still on his cell plan.  Now, like I said above, that's okay if she is dealing with a 10 year old phone and it's only $20/month extra.

Yeah but I felt like this happened in every generation.  I just think there's more now just because there's an overall bigger population.

Just now, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Depends, my mother and father were both born in ‘49.  None of my grandparents served in WWII.  My paternal grandfather served in Korea.

I remember my Italian teacher in HS used to tell us all the time (in his heavy Italian accent) “Generation X is supposed to be the cream of the crop, but it appears as though the cream has spoiled.”  Were there high expectations for Gen X?

Tough one here.  My father was in Korea.

I will cut you slack and give you Xer.  But you are more Millennial. LoL...

Never high expectations for Xers.  We were the slackers.  We we the first ones to have the hippy way of teaching taught to us in elementary school.

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

One interesting thing is my company has their Plant Managers and other Plant Leaders take a millennial class.  It's basically a class to help the old school managers deal with millennial.  There's been frequent issues with the Plant/Mill leaders and the younger engineers....so they created this class.

Most of the time it's a baby boomer Manager who doesn't have an engineering degree.  We require degrees now for plant leader roles but not when these guys first started.

They just completely have different philosophies. 

Yeah but I felt like this happened in every generation.  I just think there's more now just because there's an overall bigger population.

No.  I worked with a guy that was born in 1955.  He turned 18 in 1973 and his parents said: "Leave, or start paying us rent."  They could sublet his room for more... LoL

I'm technically a millennial, born in '91.  But my dad was 39 when I was born, so I'm in a different spot than most.

Boomers are easily the worst generation.  Barely worked for anything and put off every problem to the next few generations.  Often raise entitled, spoiled children because they themselves were entitled and spoiled.  Have cursed us with the worst of both conservative and liberal politics.  Hep C is an epidemic among them.

Gen X is raising awful children.  Maybe their "don't care" attitude carried into child rearing when their condoms broke or birth control failed.  Somehow narcissistic and nihilistic simultaneously.

Millenials are, as stated before, spoiled and entitled in many cases.  They carry the expectations of their Boomer parents but have none of the benefits that boomers had upon graduation from high school.  So they whine and quickly forget that communism is evil in the hopes that they can get something for nothing.

Gen Z.  Dear Lord.  These kids are being raised on Tide pods, fake news, and their parents' apathy.  God save them.

The good times after WWII created generations of soft people.  Soft people are creating hard times again.  Hard times create hard people.  Hard people will bring good times again.  The cycle continues.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

TRBJ's replies to typical complaints about millennials. 

"You're the participation trophy generation." Who gave us these trophies, Rick? It was the Boomer generation that raised us that gave us the trophies for doing nothing. 

"You're so addicted to your phones." Well, that's because it's more than a phone Karen. Back in your day, people were just as anti social with walkmen, newspapers, and books. Today, we have basically all of that in one device. We also work from our phones. Use them as cameras. Yes, some members of our generation take too many selfies. And if your generation had digital cameras with them at all times growing up, you probably would too. It's not better morals, you just didn't have the technology. You're making literally the same arguments that your parents did about being glued to the television. 

"They've killed off the _______ industry." Yeah. Because we found better and more efficient ways of getting the same good and/or service. In the same way that the car killed off the buggy industry. Color TV killed off the B&W TV indusry. Cellphones/text messaging killed off the beeper industry. Netflix killed Blockbuster, and ride sharing is killing off the outdated taxi industry.  It's something that's been going on since the beginning of time. 

"They're so entitled." Says the generation that is or will be collecting Social Security soon. A system we're forced to pay into that there's a good chance won't even be there by the time we get around to it.

The "Avacado Toast" millenials who get "triggered" and need "safe spaces" exist, but they're just a vocal minority. I could call out the boomer generation for getting offended by someone of another race using their drinking fountain. But I have enough critical thinking skills to know that was also a vocal minority, at least by the time the boomer generation took over. Your generation also burnt the American Flag in protest of the Vietnam War, and literally spit on returning soldiers from Vietnam. Yet wanna say our generation disrespects the troops by kneeling. Again, both of these groups are vocal minorities that represent a small fraction of our generations. 

43 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

When were your parents born?

If pre-1950...Would define you as Xer... So much overlap.  But you are Xer, but have Millennial leaning.

I would define Xers as NOT children of Boomers.  BUT push definition of Boomers to 1950-1955.

There is lots of overlap here.  No set definitions.

My daughter is having a hell of a time @ 17.  Nobody wants to take risk unless she is 18.

That's NOT a parent issue.

I am talking normal jobs, corporate, retail, etc...

I keep on reiterating... Millennials are also defined as Echo Boomers.  They Echo their parents.

Millennials will be fine.  They have the numbers on their side.

My folks were born in 1947/1948.

9 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

I'm technically a millennial, born in '91.  But my dad was 39 when I was born, so I'm in a different spot than most.

Boomers are easily the worst generation.  Barely worked for anything and put off every problem to the next few generations.  Often raise entitled, spoiled children because they themselves were entitled and spoiled.  Have cursed us with the worst of both conservative and liberal politics.  Hep C is an epidemic among them.

Gen X is raising awful children.  Maybe their "don't care" attitude carried into child rearing when their condoms broke or birth control failed.  Somehow narcissistic and nihilistic simultaneously.

Millenials are, as stated before, spoiled and entitled in many cases.  They carry the expectations of their Boomer parents but have none of the benefits that boomers had upon graduation from high school.  So they whine and quickly forget that communism is evil in the hopes that they can get something for nothing.

Gen Z.  Dear Lord.  These kids are being raised on Tide pods, fake news, and their parents' apathy.  God save them.

The good times after WWII created generations of soft people.  Soft people are creating hard times again.  Hard times create hard people.  Hard people will bring good times again.  The cycle continues.

Those are my children.  God save them is right... 

• Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Here is a question!

Yeah but .....  What if they are paying for their own lines and service fees?   Bundle of 4 is cheaper than a bundle of 2 and 2 individual accounts 

I think the SYSTEM OF communism is evil because people make it evil.  Human nature.  I don't mind sharing and working for others... I Don't want something for nothing and don't mind working for nothing.

Go figure... @LeviF91

12 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

My folks were born in 1947/1948.

Yeah... You're a Xer... But watch your step Mister!  You'll go down the worm hole.

Oh... Another question... Who'd they vote for in 1968? You say Nixon and I will rethink my position!  LoL...

Generational generalizations are useless and just show a lack of intelligence to rationalize an entire generation based on a small sample size that you may know.

In saying that, anyone that gets a pension can never say anything bad about any other generation, especially when that pension comes after working 20-25 years.

There is nothing more eye rolling than when a 50 year old complains about how low their pension is and how they will need to pay for health insurance.

Try working for no pension and paying 10x boomers every had to pay for health insurance.

When someone asks for 50k out of college thats because that is what they need to live and still have to work for 35 years.  After putting 100 dollars a week for retirement, higher payroll taxes, 100 dollars a week for HC (which would be low), 150 a week towards student loans.

That 950 a week just turned into maybe 400 dollars for rent, car, eating, etc.  Try raising a family on that.

Love these middle aged folks that love to just expect the younger generation to work harder than them, with 1/4 the benefits they got, but don't let them hear you complain or you will be called the entitled crybaby. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Yeah but .....  What if they are paying for their own lines and service fees?   Bundle of 4 is cheaper than a bundle of 2 and 2 individual accounts 

Yeah. My adult brother and I shared an account for a few years. And I'm on my father in laws plan, and pay my own share. It's cheaper than my wife and I having our own, and it saves him money per line because there's more. It's a win-win for all of us.

2 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

The biggest difference, IMO.  Societal influences can be mitigated by good parenting.

LoL...

I used to totally think that.  We are at a breaking point now in my daughter's life... I will keep your post handy to guide me and keep me from cracking!

(I understand key word here is: mitigated.  It wasn't lost on me)

41 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

They ain't paying anything. LoL...

2 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Yeah. My adult brother and I shared an account for a few years. And I'm on my father in laws plan, and pay my own share. It's cheaper than my wife and I having our own, and it saves him money per line because there's more. It's a win-win for all of us.

How is payment handled? If you don't mind me asking.  Venmo, Facebook, etc... The $$$$$ ??

6 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

Generational generalizations are useless and just show a lack of intelligence to rationalize an entire generation based on a small sample size that you may know.

In saying that, anyone that gets a pension can never say anything bad about any other generation, especially when that pension comes after working 20-25 years.

There is nothing more eye rolling than when a 50 year old complains about how low their pension is and how they will need to pay for health insurance.

Try working for no pension and paying 10x boomers every had to pay for health insurance.

When someone asks for 50k out of college thats because that is what they need to live and still have to work for 35 years.  After putting 100 dollars a week for retirement, higher payroll taxes, 100 dollars a week for HC (which would be low), 150 a week towards student loans.

That 950 a week just turned into maybe 400 dollars for rent, car, eating, etc.  Try raising a family on that.

Love these middle aged folks that love to just expect the younger generation to work harder than them, with 1/4 the benefits they got, but don't let them hear you complain or you will be called the entitled crybaby. 

+1

3 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

LoL...

I used to totally think that.  We are at a breaking point now in my daughter's life... I will keep your post handy to guide me and keep me from cracking!

(I understand key word here is: mitigated.  It wasn't lost on me)

They ain't paying anything. LoL...

How is payment handled? If you don't mind me asking.  Venmo, Facebook, etc... The $$$$$ ??

We both have the same bank. So I can just transfer from my account to his. He's also our landlord, but that's because he just lost his leg in June, and my wife is essentially his fulltime caretaker so we live in the upstairs appt. Most people see that we live with him and look at us as "lazy, entitled, millennials." But in reality, putting him in a home or hiring someone, then moving out on our own would be the lazy way out. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, unbillievable said:

They don't know how to use technology, they know how to consume it. I've seen very few (none) that is able to fix anything when it stops working. I've found that many don't bother learning anything, because they know they can google the answer, later.

Ever try giving a millennial something to read that's written on paper? Like a user manual...

They are even more greedy than previous generations. Not only do they complain that the government is going bankrupt, many still support INCREASING the debt even more to fund universal healthcare, forgive student loan debt, etc.... so they can get their fair share of FREE STuff.

Not to rain on your picnic here, but:

-who was in charge when schools cut out all forms of shop class and cut down on vocational education, in the mistaken belief that everyone should covet a college education? 

-who were the parents, and what were they doing when their Millenial kids shoulda been learning how to fix and repair?  Maybe...throwing out stuff or calling a repair shop instead of fixing it and teaching their kids how?

-people who want to fund a form of universal healthcare does not mean support for increasing the debt, nor mean they covet "FREE stuff".  It means they want taxes and gov't spending to be handled differently - by less big farm and corporate welfare and by not rescinding taxes on the wealthiest, say. 

I hear that it's OK to get free stuff like farm subsidies and subsidies for coal power and so forth - it's OK as long as you're a big corporation or inherit wealth.

If you're struggling to make ends meet and want health care for your kids, though, Heeeeeey - GREEDY!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

5 hours ago, unbillievable said:

They don't know how to use technology, they know how to consume it. I've seen very few (none) that is able to fix anything when it stops working. I've found that many don't bother learning anything, because they know they can google the answer, later.

Ever try giving a millennial something to read that's written on paper? Like a user manual...

They are even more greedy than previous generations. Not only do they complain that the government is going bankrupt, many still support INCREASING the debt even more to fund universal healthcare, forgive student loan debt, etc.... so they can get their fair share of FREE STuff.

As a millenial, I literally write users manuals for a living. That are distributed as both PDF and paper.

And if you hate people who want their fair share of free stuff, you're okay with us getting rid of social security, right?

58 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

I think labeling Gen X as bad parents is off.  I have a lot of friends my age raising kids.  They're all great kids; but that my simply mean that I hang around decent people.

I actually have a lot of hope for Gen Z.  Don't get me wrong, there's a bunch of little a-holes in my son's school.  But they hardly seem to be the majority.  I do worry that Gen X is raising kids to be extreme with their beliefs (both ways).

But I worry more about Millenials having/raising kids, because Millenials never get past headlines and social media.  They, too, will raise their kids to be extremists.

I think Gen X is more likely to empower their children with forming their own opinions and actually doing the research necessary to make informed decisions.  Again - that's mostly from my own experience and the experience of those close to me.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

As a millenial, I literally write users manuals for a living. That are distributed as both PDF and paper.

And if you hate people who want their fair share of free stuff, you're okay with us getting rid of social security, right?

Social Security is not free. It's a forced loan to the government, who promises to pay back less than they borrowed.

Free stuff is asking the government to pay off student loans.

Does it bother you that no reads any of your manuals?

Generally,

• Boomers don't know how to use a computer.
  • Gen X-ers don't know how to fix a car
  • Millennials don't know  how to change a light bulb.
  • Zombies eat tide pods

Edited by unbillievable

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Not to rain on your picnic here, but:

-who was in charge when schools cut out all forms of shop class and cut down on vocational education, in the mistaken belief that everyone should covet a college education? 

-who were the parents, and what were they doing when their Millenial kids shoulda been learning how to fix and repair?  Maybe...throwing out stuff or calling a repair shop instead of fixing it and teaching their kids how?

-people who want to fund a form of universal healthcare does not mean support for increasing the debt, nor mean they covet "FREE stuff".  It means they want taxes and gov't spending to be handled differently - by less big farm and corporate welfare and by not rescinding taxes on the wealthiest, say. 

I hear that it's OK to get free stuff like farm subsidies and subsidies for coal power and so forth - it's OK as long as you're a big corporation or inherit wealth.

If you're struggling to make ends meet and want health care for your kids, though, Heeeeeey - GREEDY!

It was the Silent Generation.  Born out of the counter-culture.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

Social Security is not free. It's a forced loan to the government, who promises to pay back less than they borrowed.

Free stuff is asking the government to pay off student loans.

Does it bother you that no reads any of your manuals?

That's the problem. They don't. And it won't be around by the time we're old enough to use it. So we're essentially paying for Boomers retirement funds.

Since the government had been in charge of student loans for 20 years, and essentially had a monopoly, I think a fair compromise would be to eliminate, or at least severely reduce the interest on the loans. And from here on out, have student loans be on the free market. 

I get paid either way, so not really. Lol.