Sign in to follow this  
YoloinOhio

KB finally gets a workout

17 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Rumor floating around that Golden Tate might be on the verge of getting suspended too. Man that would be a crazy start to the preseason for the Giants lol.

Suspended for what, have any more info.

lol I love this.

My brother and I were raised Bills fans and he has since become a Giants fan years ago because "they win"

Bahahahahahahahaha

I am loving this

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, RoyBatty is alive said:

Suspended for what, have any more info.

The rumor is drugs, but I haven't seen anyone super reputable reporting it. Just some whispers from some of the less reputable types like IncarceratedBob.

• Like (+1) 2

There are likely fans in the stands that are faster, more motivated and can pick up the playbook faster.  

When I saw him drop those touchdown passes in KC just like he did in Buffalo, I knew his career was toast.  

• Like (+1) 2

He just looks finished. Doesn't move as well any more, doesn't try or thinks that he can.

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

..."yup...."cattle call" is about right...sure as hell is a heffer...........

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

I expect Eli Manning to retire at halftime in the opener.

He's too classy..remember his comments after they won the bowl?.His family blood line doesn't allow him to be OBJ like.

Edited by Misterbluesky

10 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

He's too classy..remember his comments after they won the bowl?.His family blood line doesn't allow him to be OBJ like.

The same family bloodline that cried and pouted their way out of Eli playing in San Diego?

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I still think KB can be effective in this league.

With a QB like Eli that can't throw long, but can still put it in right spot, it could work.

26 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

I still think KB can be effective in this league.

With a QB like Eli that can't throw long, but can still put it in right spot, it could work.

I disagree with this for obvious reasons....

daveconfused.jpg

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

It's a logical move for them to at least give him a look-see.  If he shows up fit and goes hard, it wouldn't be the first time a high draft pick who under-performed "got motivated" by  realizing, after time away, that he really does love the game and he's willing to do what it takes to get another shot.

My personal read on Benjamin is, after getting guaranteed $8.5M last year, his motivation evaporated.

43 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

The same family bloodline that cried and pouted their way out of Eli playing in San Diego?

The same family bloodline that had its star member tea-bag a female trainer and successfully not only, so to speak, stuffed it, but later "spun" it in a published book and trashed her career when it seemed pretty gratuitous to do so

Seriously, I do think there's a significant difference between saying "Not gonna sign a contract to play there" (Eli) and making that clear from the start, vs. making a commitment (and signing a contract) then quitting halfway through a game (Davis).  YMMV and all that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's a logical move for them to at least give him a look-see.  If he shows up fit and goes hard, it wouldn't be the first time a high draft pick who under-performed "got motivated" by  realizing, after time away the paychecks stop, that he really does love the game and he's willing to do what it takes to get another shot.

My personal read on Benjamin is, after getting guaranteed $8.5M last year, his motivation evaporated.

fixed that for you

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, whatdrought said:

The wording on that tweet is way too appropriate...

Moo

5 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

fixed that for you

I understand your POV, but seriously...the guy got paid $15.9M for 5 seasons.  I think the most he's likely to get offered is 2x vet minimum, with incentives so for a 6 year player....maybe $1.6M?  Unless he squandered his money or had it stolen by investment advisors, how motivating is adding 10% to your net worth?  You can add 3% with Kasasa or a CD and not have to study playbooks, run gassers, and get slammed into the Astroturf by behemoths.

If he didn't want the $9M size paychecks to stop, he shoulda given max effort in B'lo and KC.  Instead he slacked to the point where casual fans noticed.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

That's right. I remember the look on Eli's face when the Chargers drafted him. He had the look of a school kid being grounded.

GREAT MOVE ... NYG management looking out for the fans with that move ... he definitely blows away OBJ's #'s right out of the gate.

Better Height ....Wider Waist

image.png.0220b1c6994008ad28535de093616cf9.png

3 hours ago, DCOrange said:

Rumor floating around that Golden Tate might be on the verge of getting suspended too. Man that would be a crazy start to the preseason for the Giants lol.

PED’s, drugs or another infraction?

It's always possible that KB finally got the message that being a professional football player takes effort and dedication.  He probably flops, but there's always a chance he gets things turned around.

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

PED’s, drugs or another infraction?

Rumor is not PEDs but again, grain of salt. We’ll see if it actually ends up happening. 

15 hours ago, 416BillsFan said:

So smart. Who needs OBJ when you can easily replace him with 1st rounder from '14 at no cost AND nab Daniel Jones!

yeah it'll probably take the Giants 20 more years to figure it out, just like the Bi..s..... wait

• Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, transient said:

What about Kelvin Benjamin's time with the Bills makes you think he could play TE?  If he's a pass catching TE, he needs to catch passes.  If he's not, he needs to make physical contact with defenders.  IIRC, he does neither.

Kb never wanted to play for the bills..his effort here was lackluster and disinterested in Carolina he showed he he could at least make contested catches and jump balls on occasion . His size and speed would be more suitable for a tight end . 

36 minutes ago, bills11 said:

Kb never wanted to play for the bills..his effort here was lackluster and disinterested in Carolina he showed he he could at least make contested catches and jump balls on occasion . His size and speed would be more suitable for a tight end . 

He also flamed out in KC.