Bills Training Camp Day 2 - 7/26

Just now, Misterbluesky said:

So Spain and Feliciano got #1 snaps again today?

If so,that's bad news for Wyatt with Long in front of him.

Yeah, I don't know if they liked Teller at all, given how much they put in the OL. I think Spain is a shoe in to start, and either Feliciano or Long at the other guard spot. Long also has skills at Center which increases his value. 

3 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

So Spain and Feliciano got #1 snaps again today?

If so,that's bad news for Wyatt with Long in front of him.

I believe they said Long got the reps at RG today with the 1's, at least to start he did

18 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I agree. While I’m not sure of the advertising ramifications, it seems like they could do a simple flip flop of show times when the Bills are scheduled to practice before noon. 

Absolutely, and vice-versa when the Sabres have breaking news and they switch to John Murphy's show.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Cause it's an observation that I have always had about him. There was a photo of him from his Wyoming days that very much looked like it. He just has high cheek bones and a narrow face that is common among Native Americans and it's always been interesting to me. I'm not sure if he has that in his genealogy or not. Maybe I'm crazy. :P

joshallen.jpg

I get what you’re saying dude, and I don’t think you were being offensive or rude as some seem to be implying.  Some folks are so quick to get their pantaloons in a bunch.

What do folks think about the OT pecking order?  Seems like Dawkins is locked in at LT, and it’s Fords job to lose at RT.  Then there’s Nsekhe who seems to be our swing tackle right now.

Where do we see McDermott, Waddle, and Wesley?

6 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I get what you’re saying dude, and I don’t think you were being offensive or rude as some seem to be implying.  Some folks are so quick to get their pantaloons in a bunch.

What do folks think about the OT pecking order?  Seems like Dawkins is locked in at LT, and it’s Fords job to lose at RT.  Then there’s Nsekhe who seems to be our swing tackle right now.

Where do we see McDermott, Waddle, and Wesley?

I don’t want to derail the conversation from what we should be talking about — football (although, I’m not the one who took it off topic).

However, I’d like to say that comments like yours are not constructive. I didn’t “get my panties in a bunch.” I just asked what the relevance was. Pure and simple, your comment is meant to be nothing more than an insult. You didn’t like my question...that’s fine. But the whole “people get their panties in a bunch” crowd...I just think you’re probably better than being that kind of person. 

Your comments on football, on the other hand, are on point. I’d rather have a hearty football discussion with you any day (and I agree with your OL observation, btw) than get into a Bills fan vs. Bills fan brawl. 

Let’s talk about which line-up gives us the best chance to win, and not worry what race a player is (or what race we think he looks like). 

https://buffalonews.com/2019/07/26/camp-observations-josh-allen-has-a-solid-third-down-day-buffalo-bills/?utm_campaign=twitter-thread&utm_medium=social&utm_source=Twitter

If you're like me this section is all you care about:

1. Allen has a solid third-down day.

Quarterback Josh Allen had an encouraging day on third-down situations on Friday at St. John Fisher College.

All of the 11-on-11 sessions were third-down situations, an area that is a problem for the Bills’ offense. Buffalo ranked 30th in the NFL in third-down conversions last season, succeeding on just 31.6%. The Bills’ defense, meanwhile, held opponents to 36.8% conversions, which was eighth best in the NFL.

Allen got hot midway through the practice and completed eight of his last 11 pass attempts, all for conversions. The Bills were working on situations between third-and-5 and third-and-2 most of the practice. And because of the third-down work, the Bills ran almost exclusively out of three-receiver sets all practice.

Allen hit Cole Beasley in a tight window over the middle, which looked like his third read on the play. Then he hit Andre Roberts over the middle for 12 yards. After a drop by Frank Gore in the flat, Allen hit Roberts again over the middle, then rolled out for a completion to Gore.

The Bills’ defense blitzed a lot on the day. It was good to see Allen connect with Beasley out of an empty set to beat one blitz. Then against what looked like an all-out blitz with slot cornerback Taron Johnson bearing down on him, Allen backpedaled and threw a quick-release hitch pass to Ray-Ray McCloud for a first down.

Overall, Allen was 10 of 19 in full, 11-on-11 work. That did not count the opening sequence of practice, in which he was five of six. Only one side of the defensive line rushed the passer in that sequence. Of course, there was no live rush. On a few plays, Allen might have been hit. On a few incompletions, he might have taken off and run if it was live action.

Asked about Allen getting to his second and third options quickly, receiver John Brown said: “He’s a quick learner. He knows where everything is going to be at. We have to trust him and continue to run our routes.”

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

My point is that if it gets out of hand, I think someone will hand Josh a clue and say "yeah, you gotta be studying the stills and pumping up the other guys not just Beasley"

Beasley seems like he has a high motor mouth - not in a bad way, more a hyper little brother who won't stop talking way

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

"Is dope" , not "a dope" 

Maybe he's a dope dope

• Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, WickedGame said:

I don’t want to derail the conversation from what we should be talking about — football (although, I’m not the one who took it off topic).

However, I’d like to say that comments like yours are not constructive. I didn’t “get my panties in a bunch.” I just asked what the relevance was. Pure and simple, your comment is meant to be nothing more than an insult. You didn’t like my question...that’s fine. But the whole “people get their panties in a bunch” crowd...I just think you’re probably better than being that kind of person. 

Your comments on football, on the other hand, are on point. I’d rather have a hearty football discussion with you any day (and I agree with your OL observation, btw) than get into a Bills fan vs. Bills fan brawl. 

Let’s talk about which line-up gives us the best chance to win, and not worry what race a player is (or what race we think he looks like). 

Oh, but you did initially derail the thread by taking the time directly quote and question another poster’s (seemingly innocuous) comments about Josh Allen appearing to be of Native American descent.  I’m sorry you’re so easily offended.  Are we done?  Do you have any comments on the OT depth chart?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This is exactly the news I am interested in. Im very glad he got hot and started connecting, its early in camp so this is good. Hopefully he doesnt need a "warming up" period as camp progresses and he can start hot. This practice almost seems like a microcosm for his rookie season. Its exciting to see him close out well and the optimists will point to that for what is to come in the future but detractors can look at the entire day and say well he was ultimately 10-19 which is 52% which is mediocre.

3 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

After the Under Armor but before the jersey, helmet and cleats.

That is just the suggested order. I girl in my neighborhood growing up would put on her flippers, snorkel and mask BEFORE walking to the pool. People may have their own special way......

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Augie said:

That is just the suggested order. I girl in my neighborhood growing up would put on her flippers, snorkel and mask BEFORE walking to the pool. People may have their own special way......

Exactly. ;) Like all the superheroes who put on their panties after they pull up their tights.

• Haha (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

But good news for the QB and running back, because the line won’t suck

29..Wyatt was tossed into the fire because Ducasse wasn't capable.I thought our line play got better in the last 1/4 of the season.....

a 5th round pick who can pull out.and.he has great feet .

He's on the ropes..I know that,it's a shame because he's raw.

12 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

29..Wyatt was tossed into the fire because Ducasse wasn't capable.I thought our line play got better in the last 1/4 of the season.....

Fair point.  I trust the coaches to find a way to keep talent if they find it though. This staff just seems good. 

But wow this retooled o line is such an upgrade 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

Yeah, I don't know if they liked Teller at all, given how much they put in the OL. I think Spain is a shoe in to start, and either Feliciano or Long at the other guard spot. Long also has skills at Center which increases his value. 

9 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Teller's chances of making the 53 got better after the Sirles injury.

He definitely is not a lock but he's got time to show improvement this summer.

There's also a chance he could find his way to the PS.

I guess this is what Training Camp is all about.