Josh Allen - Denver

Getting 12 sacks as a rookie is impressive so I wouldn't blame them for taking Chubb over Allen.  But it depends on how Allen (and Chubb) shakes out and if the Broncos can find a QB.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, MJS said:

Why would Broncos fans know anything about Josh Allen? In fact, why would any fan base besides Bills fans know anything about him?

I'm as guilty as anyone of living in my Bills bubble. 

59 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

No one cares.   Stick to your chiefs board or get a job 

Zerovoltz might be a Chiefs fan, but he’s contributed far more actual football content to this board than you and “Winslow Joe” combined.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

How many more different fans of teams or fanbases of teams have opinions of Josh Allen. It is the slow season.... we have two threads in the top 10 on the board telling us what Chicago and Denver fans think. Who is next?

Personally I would love to know what the Tampa Bay fan base feels about our play calling ratios going into this season and whether or not Josh will show signs of significant improvement or not...:doh:

@ShadyBillsFan, how’s our countdown clock looking for 1st day of TC?? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Personally I would love to know what the Tampa Bay fan base feels about our play calling ratios going into this season and whether or not Josh will show signs of significant improvement or not...:doh:

But you left out the ever so important age and gender breakdown!  ?

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

3 weeks til Rookies show up to camp 

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

I put a question up on a Denver board I am a member of....basically asking them, given their crappy QB situation right now..with Joe Flacco, and Drew Lock just drafted in Round 2 this year, would they rather have taken Josh Allen instead of Bradley Chubb in the 2018 Draft.

It's an overwhelming NO.  They consider Chubb a star (12.5 as a rookie is good) They wouldn't do it over again (at least those that responded)  

The Bronco fans don't view Allen has having accomplished anything and see him as a great athlete that can't pass.

Don't shoot the messenger...just passing along another fanbases perspective.

https://www.orangemane.com/forum/orange-mane-discussion/orange-mane-central-discussion/2470688-josh-allen/page3

Thank you, football gods, for having the Broncos fans and management love Chubb.  Nothing wrong with that and he is a great player, but we would still be in a bind if  they had preferred Allen.

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

How many more different fans of teams or fanbases of teams have opinions of Josh Allen. It is the slow season.... we have two threads in the top 10 on the board telling us what Chicago and Denver fans think. Who is next?

I've conducted an  informal poll of folks in little Silverdale, WA, and most people around here don't even know who Josh Allen is.  I think maybe that portents bad things. 

Then again the opinions of ill-informed people might be meaningless guides to the future.  I'm not sure.

• Haha (+1) 2

Most Non-Bills fans who don't study the QBs closely will only see the big picture/statline and have not actually reviewed his tape.

I could care less about other NFL team opinions of him,  many QB gurus are much more positive on him, but ultimately it will be up to Allen this year and next to take the steps.

NFL fans will come around after Thanksgiving if he has a good day.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

I've conducted an  informal poll of folks in little Silverdale, WA, and most people around here don't even know who Josh Allen is.  I think maybe that portents bad things. 

Then again the opinions of ill-informed people might be meaningless guides to the future.  I'm not sure.

Paul Allen’s nephew?

8 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

I put a question up on a Denver board I am a member of....basically asking them, given their crappy QB situation right now..with Joe Flacco, and Drew Lock just drafted in Round 2 this year, would they rather have taken Josh Allen instead of Bradley Chubb in the 2018 Draft.

It's an overwhelming NO.  They consider Chubb a star (12.5 as a rookie is good) They wouldn't do it over again (at least those that responded)  

The Bronco fans don't view Allen has having accomplished anything and see him as a great athlete that can't pass.

Don't shoot the messenger...just passing along another fanbases perspective.

https://www.orangemane.com/forum/orange-mane-discussion/orange-mane-central-discussion/2470688-josh-allen/page3

Happy-Gilmore-Thumbs-Down.gif

Not surprised. Probably how most of the other NFL fan bases view Allen right now. Well, except for Miami fans. I'm guessing the majority of them would love to have Allen.

The funny thing is, if Josh does develop into a franchise QB, Elway will be pulling his hair out for passing on him. I totally get why they did pass on a QB and specifically Allen. They drafted two similar "big" QB's in Oz and Lynch that totally busted.  No way they could take a chance on Allen even if they really liked him. And Allen is probably the exact prototype QB that Elway would fall in love with. But because of those two previous busts Denver couldn't even entertain the idea of drafting Allen with a straight face.

19 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

NFL fans will come around after Thanksgiving if he has a good day.

I really hope he does but Dallas' defense is nasty.

5 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

The funny thing is, if Josh does develop into a franchise QB, Elway will be pulling his hair out for passing on him.

Not to worry!  There are any of a number of contributors here at TBD that will advocate Jimbo has a chat with the Pegulas that results in Josh Allen being traded to Denver for a bunch of future draft picks and a case of Necco wafers.  This will then open the door to signing Chad Kelly as QB of the Bills’ future.

?  Good lord.  Even I had to go back and reread that drivel!

I wonder how other teams' fans would've felt about Patrick Mahomes after HIS rookie season?

I get that the Chiefs board isn't as cool as Two Bills Drive, but if Zero insists on hanging around here, I'm not sure why the only he ever seems to "contribute" is with inflammatory comments, smack talk about Josh Allen, or other generally non-productive garbage. I mean...he DID show us pictures of his wife one time, so I guess that was...pretty cool? Other than that, he just seems to post a whole lot of rubbish that borders on trolling.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1