Josh Allen - Denver

17 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I don't car what Denver fans think, I don't care what Chiefs fans think, and I don't understand why the mods allow a Chiefs fan to come on here and constantly post troll junk.

I don't think Zero is a troll. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

you're not putting enough thought process in to it then. this thread is a true example of trolling, regardless of what you think.

I think this thread is a bit unnecessary and doesn't add anything but Zero has added to plenty of conversations on this board over the past couple of years - even when I have disagreed with him (which I have on a wide range of subjects). I don't get the objection from some on this board to fans from other teams posting. First there was a concerted effort to try and chase Ice Bowl away and now it is Zero. Some people need to be a lot less sensitive to views that differ from their own. 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't think Zero is a troll. 

I can't seem to find many threads he's ever started that had a goal of quality football conversation. His posts more often than not seem to be of either the "Josh Allen isn't very good and I'm gonna keep finding new ways to talk about it" or "har har, the Chiefs won the Mahomes trade with the Bills!" variety. 

Take this thread, for instance. Why does it exist? What is its purpose?

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think this thread is a bit unnecessary and doesn't add anything but Zero has added to plenty of conversations on this board over the past couple of years - even when I have disagreed with him (which I have on a wide range of subjects). I don't get the objection from some on this board to fans from other teams posting. First there was a concerted effort to try and chase Ice Bowl away and now it is Zero. Some people need to be a lot less sensitive to views that differ from their own. 

Who tried to chase Ice Bowl away?

What color cleats do you like to see the Bills wear? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Logic said:

I can't seem to find many threads he's ever started that had a goal of quality football conversation. His posts more often than not seem to be of either the "Josh Allen isn't very good and I'm gonna keep finding new ways to talk about it" or "har har, the Chiefs won the Mahomes trade with the Bills!" variety. 

Take this thread, for instance. Why does it exist? What is its purpose?

I think this thread serves little purpose and I said that. It is a football fan trying to find things to talk about during the quietest bit of the offseason. But he and I had a detailed discussion about the evaluations of the Quarterbacks in this last (2019) draft. We had a long discussion last offseason about what the realistic barrometers for a successful first year as a starter for Mahomes (newsflash he outperformed all of them). He has been engaged in a long thread about what should/will happen to Tyreek Hill and how it does / doesn't differ from the Kareem Hunt situation. We have also discussed Alex Smith, Marcus Peters, Reggie Ragland, Frank Clark v Clowney and doubtless other topics too. 

EDIT: Just to add though this thread serves no less purpose than the "Josh Allen - Chicago" thread. They are both just filler threads during the NFL dead season. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, MJS said:

Why would Broncos fans know anything about Josh Allen? In fact, why would any fan base besides Bills fans know anything about him?

There are a lot of people who play Fantasy Football. If they are anything like me they are looking up everything they can on a potential FFL superstar. If Allen passes for 25 tds and keeps his rushing numbers the same he will be a top 10 QB that is drafted in FFA. 

Not in the least bit surprised by the answer Denver fans gave.  Under the circumstances I would have given the same answer. 

Down here in Cincinnati I interact with a lot of Bengal fans and a fair amount of Brown's fans.  And their reaction to Allen is very similar:  "man he's a super runner but can he pass?".  Of course those that say this never watched him play and based their comments entirely on stat sheets and highlights!  But every so often I run across a Bengals or Browns fan who has seen him play or watched one of those highlight videos and they have a very different view of Allen.  They usually say things along the line of: "man he's an athletic freak with a cannon for an arm.  He looks raw but with work he could be something special."

In my experience the more another teams fans know about Allen the closer their opinion mirrors those of a cautiously optimistic Bills fan. 

1 hour ago, Logic said:

I wonder how other teams' fans would've felt about Patrick Mahomes after HIS rookie season?

Great question and the ONLY logical answer would be along the lines of "gee, Mahomes didn't get to play much did he?  Is he still in line to be "the guy" in 2018 or are your guys going to be looking for a QB in this years loaded draft ".  Hell, even a lot of Chiefs fans must have wondered about this. 

Only those who CLOSELY followed KC would have known that Mahomes had impressed in practice and had a decent game at the end of the season when he got his only start. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Completely different situation.

Allen started 10 games. Mahomes played in the finale of a meaningless game his rookie season. 

....Yes, Scott, I am aware.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

you're not putting enough thought process in to it then. this thread is a true example of trolling, regardless of what you think.

meh.   I get your point but ..... 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

exactly.

I've seen worse threads that were obviously trolling.   See Theodore's Josh Allen in east bumb*****  (Charlotte).  Pure troll thread. 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan