Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Estro

Steve Tasker, one of toughest listens [CBS contract not renewed!]

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, fmr60 said:

When they were going through the pre and post NFL draft shows I felt they were poorly prepared.... new little about most of the prospects.  A total waste of time to listen to them. Very disappointing particularly since this is their livelihood.

and no one said you have to listen to them... they had many guests on talking about the draft.. tasker does bring a lot to the table and  people bash him and Murph once every two weeks on this site... why be a negative person and offer up some decent opinions

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/14/2019 at 3:47 AM, Thurman#1 said:

I politely disagree. IMO he's not all that smooth but he makes his points.

 

He's an idiot IMO. Does not belong on radio or TV but somehow gets the gigs because he's an ex-player.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I gotta admit I always get a good laugh when you can tell Murph is getting frustrated with the direction of some of Tasker's rants

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, 4thandGoal said:

and no one said you have to listen to them... they had many guests on talking about the draft.. tasker does bring a lot to the table and  people bash him and Murph once every two weeks on this site... why be a negative person and offer up some decent opinions


What's ironic is that you have a negative opinion of his opinion, and you shared it. So does this make you a "negative person" ?

 

The poster you quoted didn't bash anyone. He was very respectful in sharing the fact he didn't like the quality of their predraft show.

 

What type of fairy tale land do you think this world is where people should only share positive opinions on things? Oh wait, you just shared a negative opinion. Oh the hypocrisy.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/14/2019 at 1:15 AM, Estro said:

I kind of hesitate to write posts like this because I don't like to criticize someone that's giving an honest effort........but Steve Tasker is one of the worst radio hosts I've ever come across.  He stumbles and stammers his way through a 3 hour radio show almost every show.  His questions to guests are so all over the place that I sometimes feel bad for the guest having to try and navigate his ? and give a response.  I think the Buffalo Bills could do a lot better, and putting feelings aside, that's something they need to upgrade. 

 

I actually like that show quite a bit more when Murph is coupled with Chris Brown......I know they're both homers, but I just think Brown is much better at orating his points.

 

 

Dont worry, some day Sal is taking over.

 

 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tasker can be rough. He struggles so much to get his thoughts out and I think his interview skills are horrendous. Murph is ok although he is a homer and combative with callers sometimes

 

That said those guys have a real tough job. Talk about rookie Mini camp in may and act like it matters.

 

They are able to book some good guests, but most days I dont even tune in because its such a rough listen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, StHustle said:

,
What's ironic is that you have a negative opinion of his opinion, and you shared it. So does this make you a "negative person" ?

 

In deference to the thread on John Urschel, I will answer your question in mathematical terms. A negative opinion of a positive opinion makes the person a negative person. A negative opinion of a negative opinion makes the person a positive person.

 

The link with the Urschel story is really good, check it out if you haven't. And I'm just trying to be humorous, hopefully didn't offend anyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Steve O said:

In deference to the thread on John Urschel, I will answer your question in mathematical terms. A negative opinion of a positive opinion makes the person a negative person. A negative opinion of a negative opinion makes the person a positive person.

 

The link with the Urschel story is really good, check it out if you haven't. And I'm just trying to be humorous, hopefully didn't offend anyone.

 

are you referring to a different thread because I'm all types of confused right now. The negative opinion was simply on Steve Tasker's hosting skills not on the article.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, StHustle said:

 

are you referring to a different thread because I'm all types of confused right now. The negative opinion was simply on Steve Tasker's hosting skills not on the article.

Yes, I'm referring to a different thread. Currently 15th from the bottom on page 1 on of the stadium wall. Below is the link to the thread, the first post has the link to the story. Sorry for the confusion. Guess I failed at my attempted humor.

 

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/215741-story-on-ex-nfl-raven-guard-and-buffalo-mathematician-john-urschel/

 

Edited by Steve O

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2019 at 1:37 PM, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Is tasker still working for TV?

 

 

Don’t be obtuse.  😒

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Steve has some tough days, but he threw his body around quite a bit & had a lot of tough hits, too.

I think concentration/focus is a constant challenge.

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, hemma said:

Steve has some tough days, but he threw his body around quite a bit & had a lot of tough hits, too.

I think concentration/focus is a constant challenge.

Tasker and Jim both seemed to slur their L's a bit.  I've thought it might be a bit because of what you note.

Edited by stony

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If only the bills were able to get Ross Tucker before he went national.

 

He is a great listen. 

 

I don't listen to OBD so i cant really comment on them.

 

Though i will say for the times i have briefly tuned in, for as bad as people say they are, my opinion is the callers/"superfans" are 1000% worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, StHustle said:

 

are you referring to a different thread because I'm all types of confused right now. The negative opinion was simply on Steve Tasker's hosting skills not on the article.

 

It was actually a differential thread, but who's counting? 🤣😂🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just want to say that if you want to listen to Tasker but have a hard time doing it on occasion, one solution is to spend an hour listening to a recording of Gil Brandt on Sirius XM NFL Radio.

 

You'll be begging for Tasker in no time.

 

NOTE: I know Brandt is smart. You can be smart and terrible on the radio.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think he's awful.  He's not polished but I enjoy his point of view

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Don’t be obtuse.  😒

not sure what you meant here..i have no clue if Tasker still has a TV gig..does he?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

not sure what you meant here..i have no clue if Tasker still has a TV gig..does he?

My understanding is that he is doing sideline coverage for CBS broadcast games.  On occasion, I have heard him on ‘One Bills Live’ mentioning that rather than game coverage, he was assigned to the network show that runs before, between, and after games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

My understanding is that he is doing sideline coverage for CBS broadcast games.  On occasion, I have heard him on ‘One Bills Live’ mentioning that rather than game coverage, he was assigned to the network show that runs before, between, and after games.

i thought he was poop canned , but he may be on that 7th team or something when everyone slides up when someone needs a break. 

 

Remember when they would slip Don Criqui in on a Bills broadcast a few years ago..when he would get maybe 2 games a year? 

 

For nostalgia sake, it was great hearing him call a Bills game..but damn was he brutal!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

...but he may be on that 7th team or something when everyone slides up when someone needs a break.

“Tasker!  You’ve got Cardinals vs. Jets!”

*

(lousy football...great drama...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Steve tends to talk too much and deliver it too fast, his words get disconnected from his thoughts and he is left to ramble.  He can end up saying Drew Brees when he means Drew Bledsoe, forget names of guys drafted a few weeks ago, start asking one question of a guest and end up switching to another midstream, etc.  His story telling is much better because he doesn't need to express an opinion or think on the fly.  As the narrator of a story he has probably told many times, he can be very good.

 

 Seriously, I worry about all those guys and CTE.  Who can really say where and when that kind thing starts to show up and how it will progress.  I still listen to their show as it does deliver some interesting Bills content and its better than nothing.  Imo, there are very few people that can talk that much about anything without using a script and deliver it consistently well all the time.

 

 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't listen to Steve on the radio, but when NFLN does the home/away telecast for preseason replays, I prefer the away feed.

 

He generally seemed very ill informed about the Bills, which is pretty shocking in it's own right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...