Latest Drafttek Mock: 4/10

4/10 Edit: JUMP TO NEW MOCK AT END OF THREAD HERE

4/4 Edit: NEW MOCK AT END OF THREAD

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4/1:

Drafttek recently ran a new mock with a focus on trades.

They have the Bills trading down with Washington, moving back from #9 to #15, and picking up 2 3rd round picks, for a draft that looks like the following in the first 3 rounds:

#15 - Rashan Gary - DL5T

#40 - Chris Lindstrom - OG

#74 - Damien Harris - RB

#76 - David Edwards - OT

#96 - Jordan Brailford - OLB

Kinda disappointed. I like the focus on the trenches but feel we miss out on some top talent. Jonah Williams and Ed Oliver go #10 and #11.

Personally, not a fan of Rashan Gary, and the rest are underwhelming. But what do I know? What do you think?

edit/disclaimer: This is in no way a knock or criticism on Dean. I (and I think we all) appreciate his work for the Bills on that site. Just discussing this version out of many Mocks.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

They have the Bills trading down with Washington, moving back from #9 to #15, and picking up 2 3rd round picks, for a draft that looks like the following in the first 3 rounds:

#15 - Rashan Gary - DL5T

#74 - Damien Harris - RB

#76 - David Edwards - OT

Kinda disappointed. I like the focus on the trenches but feel we miss out on some top talent. Jonah Williams and Ed Oliver go #10 and #11.

Personally, not a fan of Rashan Gary, and the rest are underwhelming. But what do I know? What do you think?

Wouldn't mind trading down but those wouldn't be my picks. Also it looks like they traded down and didn't get another 2nd? What was the trade?

15 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

#15 - Rashan Gary - DL5T

#74 - Damien Harris - RB

#76 - David Edwards - OT

Dont like it at all. If your Target is DT I’m first just stay at 9 and take Oliver. That’s what the board is giving you here 

• Like (+1) 6

The main drawback I saw in that mock was the lack of a defensive tackle (3 tech)  Yeah, you might be able to move Gary inside on obvious passing downs, but he's still not the rotational guy Buffalo needs.  I'm not terribly impressed with Damien Harris.  Edwards needs development and won't start as a rookie.  Overall, I thought it was a mediocre draft.

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, chef4131 said:

cant see Bills trading back and not getting a second round pick in return.

Not sure Gary is available at #15 

I totally agree with you.  While I generically like the idea of trading back, I don't see the point w/o picking up more 2nds in a draft like this.  We don't need to stock talent in lower rounds at this stage. We're not the Dolphins.  If the value chart doesn't justify a 2nd with a trade-back partner then we should offer additional later round pick(s) to secure the higher pick from the other team. Otherwise, just pick at #9

Edited by cage

Unless this guy has a bad medical report on Alex Smith in his hands, how the heck does he know if the Redskins are desperate for a QB.  A year ago Washington though of Smith enough to give him a 5 year contract.  Even if he doesn't play in 2019, unless they KNOW that Smith will never play again, they have to ride it out this season & hope he returns in 2020.  They're just too hog-tied with his contract to go drafting his replacement this year.  Just look at his contract #s (linked), with a dead cap hit of over $32 million in 2020.  They can't afford to move on unless the medical reports say he's done and I seriously doubt this mock drafter knows what his medical report is.    https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/washington-redskins/alex-smith-3337/