Sign in to follow this  
FluffHead

KR/WR Andre Roberts (Jets) to Bills

I'm a Brandon Beane guy.

He is an absolute baller. Sean still needs to make a believer of me...

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

So we all know he basically won the jets game vs us last year but if I’m not mistaken he was a falcon the year before and he had a huge return against us on their final drive to set them up in great field position to try and win that game.... 

almost certain of it. 

Incredible recall here. Following a FG that put the Bills up 20-17 late in the 4th:

4:35 - 4th) S.Hauschka kicks 68 yards from BUF 35 to ATL -3. A.Roberts pushed ob at BUF 42 for 61 yards (S.Wright)

Micah Hyde then stuffed Freeman for a loss of 7, then Ryan threw an incomplete pass and then Hyde intercepted him 

Edited by JM57
  • Like (+1) 1

Great pickup, not a huge impact position anymore but he is the best in the business. Could be the difference in 1 or 2 games next season.

From what I have read he is a real workout warrior. 

I think he and Lorenzo Alexander will get along fine being special teams players who want to show they are more than just special teams players and that they both have been journeymen.

I am predicting he will surpass the yards received receiving from last four years.

Bills to sign Pro Bowl returner Roberts

Pro Bowl returner Andre Roberts is signing with the Buffalo Bills, sources told ESPN. Roberts, who turned 31 in January, proved last season that you're never too old to be a breakout star. After signing a one-year contract with the New York Jets for the veterans' minimum (a total of $1 million, including bonuses), Roberts was selected to his first Pro Bowl after scoring on two returns -- one punt, one kickoff.

1 minute ago, JM57 said:

Incredible recall here. Following a FG that put the Bills up 20-17 late in the 4th:

4:35 - 4th) S.Hauschka kicks 68 yards from BUF 35 to ATL -3. A.Roberts pushed ob at BUF 42 for 61 yards (S.Wright)

I sure thought so. And then ended minutes later on a 4th down stand. Thank goodness he won’t be burning us anymore! 

Beasley

Brown

Foster

Zay

Williams

Roberts

IMO we are drafting TE before WR

• Like (+1) 2

This joker can fly and picks holes well, sets up his blocks and finds those seams.   I cannot believe Jets let him go.   

Its like releasing your pro bowl kicker-- you're going to pay for it one way or another.

29 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

Love the signing. This was a desperate need. I can’t remember the last time the Bills actually has a big play in the return game. 

T Mcgee IMO

1 minute ago, Pete said:

Beasley

Brown

Foster

Zay

Williams

Roberts

Hell yes! and there are 3 good ones to choose from.

and WR is way down on priority list.  Offensive line, defensive line, LB, and TE before WR 

Good we desperately needed someone talented baxk there!

39 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

You guys, get a room at Orchids,

@YoloinOhio has over 73,000 posts.  Do you know how many germs are on public library keyboards?!?!?  I'm not letting him touch my Little Joey!!

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, RocCityRoller said:

T Mcgee IMO

Mckelvin housed 3 punts combined in 11/12

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

Love this .. especially if he can get involved in the passing game.  You can’t coach speed (well i know this is not absolutely true but it sounds good).

You can't really coach speed but you can with good trainers really help them become faster.

You can coach initial acceleration which is why Don Beebe's House of Speed is still in business.

https://www.beebehouseofspeed.com/testimonials

Any other former Cardinal receivers available?  Larry Fitzgerald? Ricky Proehl? Roy Green?? 

8 minutes ago, stevewin said:

McKittrick too

Thanks.  I mess that up every time.

Just now, oldmanfan said:

Thanks.  I mess that up every time.

Everytime someone says McKittrick I think of this.

Image result for WOPR

• Awesome! (+1) 1

When you look at the highlights, you see some very creative blocking schemes for the return team, something I never saw with the Bills last year.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, That's No Moon said:

Everytime someone says McKittrick I think of this.

Image result for WOPR

Well played

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

Beasley

Brown

Foster

Zay

Williams

Roberts

There's a lot of upside there, but only Beasley, Brown, and Roberts are even locks to make the team.  And Roberts is mainly a special teams guy.

Foster came on strong, and I like him, but he's far from having arrived.  Let's face it, he's an UDFA that we cut during the year.  Zay had a solid year, but he's been a disappointment.  It wouldn't be a shock if he were let go, I'm not sure how much of a fit he is for this offense.  And Williams just came from Canada- not exactly a sure thing.

I'd say we are going to draft a size receiver in the middle rounds.  A guy like Anthony Johnson, or JJ Arcega-Whiteside, or David Sills, or Wesley, there are just tons of guys.

One thing's for certain, this offense is going to look completely different.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

There's a lot of upside there, but only Beasley, Brown, and Roberts are even locks to make the team.  And Roberts is mainly a special teams guy.

Foster came on strong, and I like him, but he's far from having arrived.  Let's face it, he's an UDFA that we cut during the year.  Zay had a solid year, but he's been a disappointment.  It wouldn't be a shock if he were let go, I'm not sure how much of a fit he is for this offense.  And Williams just came from Canada- not exactly a sure thing.

I'd say we are going to draft a size receiver in the middle rounds.  A guy like Anthony Johnson, or JJ Arcega-Whiteside, or David Sills, or Wesley, there are just tons of guys.

One thing's for certain, this offense is going to look completely different.

Foster is a lock. He would be claimed by every team in the league if released.  

Not saying he he has arrived, but he’s definitely a lock for the roster in 2019

Edited by FluffHead
  • Like (+1) 5

41 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Roscoe Parrish? Terrence McGee?

CJ Spiller had some huge returns after those two were long gone from Buffalo.

1 hour ago, Rico said:

Ray Ray first.

If he plays well enough in preseason he can be put on the Practice Squad.

It's great to upgrade at any position. Bringing in the top guy, even at long snapper, is an improvement. 

That being said, I'm not nearly as excited as some of you are about this pick up. In a league where more than 50% of kicks result in touchbacks, im not too sure how much of an up grade this contributes to the team as a whole. 

I'd be pumped to see some kick return TDs, which we've been starved for in recent years. But in perspective, this signing will have little impact. His average return yards on KO were about 29 (far better than all others). But is that 4 yards on average the difference between a successful offensive drive leading to points instead of a three and out? Probably not. 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

It's great to upgrade at any position. Bringing in the top guy, even at long snapper, is an improvement. 

That being said, I'm not nearly as excited as some of you are about this pick up. In a league where more than 50% of kicks result in touchbacks, im not too sure how much of an up grade this contributes to the team as a whole. 

I'd be pumped to see some kick return TDs, which we've been starved for in recent years. But in perspective, this signing will have little impact. His average return yards on KO were about 29 (far better than all others). But is that 4 yards on average the difference between a successful offensive drive leading to points instead of a three and out? Probably not. 

He basically won the 2nd jets game for them in buffalo. If he can have an impact like that in just one or 2 games it’s 100% worth being excited about. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 4

Sign in to follow this