Sign in to follow this  
FluffHead

KR/WR Andre Roberts (Jets) to Bills

26 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I think it will be an open competition for every guard and tackle position this year.  Bobby Jackson is a new coach and has no prejudices or loyalty to anyone on the roster.  I expect Nsekhe will end up winning the left tackle spot and Dawkins will end up at right tackle this season.  

A bold prediction but do not see Dawkins moving to RT because of Nsekhe.  Maybe a 1st round draft pick but not Nsekhe.

3 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

It's great to upgrade at any position. Bringing in the top guy, even at long snapper, is an improvement. 

That being said, I'm not nearly as excited as some of you are about this pick up. In a league where more than 50% of kicks result in touchbacks, im not too sure how much of an up grade this contributes to the team as a whole. 

I'd be pumped to see some kick return TDs, which we've been starved for in recent years. But in perspective, this signing will have little impact. His average return yards on KO were about 29 (far better than all others). But is that 4 yards on average the difference between a successful offensive drive leading to points instead of a three and out? Probably not. 

Don’t forget he returns punts too. That’s another couple of touches per game. 

Posted (edited)

Love it!

http://www.nfl.com/player/andreroberts/497320/careerstats

This dude had almost 1200 kick return yards last season! 1,174 to be exact! 

averaged almost 30yds per return, he was top 3 in both kick and punt return, scored on 2 returns, was named to the pro bowl + named all-pro.

He was a big factor in the jets having the #1 ranked special teams unit last season. I can’t believe they let him walk...

Edited by BillsFan4

Am I correct in thinking the last punt or kick that the bills housed was back in 14 when thigpen took one to the barn vs GB? 

Been a minute for sure. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Doc said:

Oh and the Bills aren't taking a WR in this draft.  No room.

I think terry mclauren in the 4th round would still fit nicely and add even more speed and depth... Plus he can cover kicks and punts.

Edited by ChattanoogaBills
  • Like (+1) 2

I think Roberts' addition makes the drafting of an early round WR pretty unlikely. 

Foster
Brown
Beasley
Jones
McKenzie
Williams
Roberts

That's already 1 more WR than the Bills can keep. Roberts is probably just about assured a roster spot due to his KR abilities. Bills rarely carry more than 6 WRs on a roster. So that leaves 5 spots. Just not sure where a draftee fits in UNLESS they plan on trading/releasing Zay Jones.

23 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

I'm a Brandon Beane guy.

He is an absolute baller. Sean still needs to make a believer of me...

Sean took a team that no business being in the playoffs to 9-7 and did sneak into the playoffs.

He is superb at putting avg defensive players and making them play as a whole unit.

24 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Mckelvin housed 3 punts combined in 11/12

McKelvin and McGahee

who is a WR/CB with a Mc?

Never mind we have Roberts.

Posted (edited)

Boy, what a Jets-y thing to do... 

They had the #1 special teams unit in the NFL. The 2 biggest factors in that - their all-pro return man and their all-pro kicker. 

So, what do the Jets do? Let both walk in free agency even though they had the 2nd most cap space in the NFL. 

They let 2 more of their biggest ST contributors go, too. (4 total)

That franchise doesn’t seem to be run very well. 

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

He basically won the 2nd jets game for them in buffalo. If he can have an impact like that in just one or 2 games it’s 100% worth being excited about. 

Any team that is relying on their return man to win a game against last year's Bills, is not a team im proud of. 

I get that he could offer some great returns. So can other guys. Some people on Twitter are jumping up and down like we just signed Dante Hall back when he used to throw up the X. 

11 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

Don’t forget he returns punts too. That’s another couple of touches per game. 

Good point, I'll have to go back and look at those numbers. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Any team that is relying on their return man to win a game against last year's Bills, is not a team im proud of. 

Good job totally missing the point. What the hell, dude.

Regardless of the quality of teams involved he showed the ability to sway the tide in more than one game. That’s an asset. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

McKensie goes bye bye.

Who?

2 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I get that he could offer some great returns. So can other guys. Some people on Twitter are jumping up and down like we just signed Dante Hall back when he used to throw up the X. 

Shortening the field for your young QB is always good.

Roberts is a Pro Bowl and All Pro caliber return man.

Why so serious?

Just now, Stank_Nasty said:

Good job totally missing the point. What the hell, dude.

Regardless of the teams he showed the ability to sway the tide in more than one game. That’s an asset. 

Sure it's an asset. Did you miss where I acknowledged it as an upgrade or an improvement? I'm simply stating I don't think it's as much of a leg up as many ppl here seem to think it will bring this team. 

I hope I'm wrong. I just don't see myself watching the Bills winning football games next year because of this guy. 

Temper expectations 

1 hour ago, Rico said:

Ray Ray first.

Ray Ray & McKenzie are both gonzo....

3 minutes ago, inkman said:

Who?

I mean McKittrick and write McKensie every time.  Brain cramp

• Confused 1

I wonder how many of andre roberts punt returns ended in FG's... 
Special Teams Hidden Yardage is key for so many FG's and short field TD's
Another great get from the beanster! 😎

Just now, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Sure it's an asset. Did you miss where I acknowledged it as an upgrade or an improvement? I'm simply stating I don't think it's as much of a leg up as many ppl here seem to think it will bring this team. 

I hope I'm wrong. I just don't see myself watching the Bills winning football games next year because of this guy. 

Temper expectations 

Like I said. If it changes the tide in one or 2 it’s a great thing to have. That’s the difference between sitting at home at 7-9 or 8-8 or playing in mid January at 10-6 or 9-7. 

10 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Averaged 14.1 yards on 23 returns. Pretty good in my opinion. 

• Like (+1) 1

4.46 40 yard. 

Speed!!!!!!

10 minutes ago, inkman said:

Who?

He means McKittrick.

7 minutes ago, wppete said:

And this is missing a kick return he took the the house in an OT game vs GB. 

Dude can make a difference. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Stank_Nasty said:

Like I said. If it changes the tide in one or 2 it’s a great thing to have. That’s the difference between sitting at home at 7-9 or 8-8 or playing in mid January at 10-6 or 9-7. 

You could make that argument, sure. 

But on the list of things that is potentially the reason the bills lost or won two games, it is near the bottom. There are many, many more important aspects of the game that could be difference makers in tight games. Could this be one? Sure. But the few additional yards that guy is getting us probably won't be the reason we make or miss the playoffs. 

I'm.not knocking the signing, as much as you might try to portray these comments in that narrative. All im highlighting is the thought that I don't think the excitement over this signing is as warranted as many people are making it to be.

The ST coach and surrounding cast are equally, if not more, important than who is carrying the rock. 

Sign in to follow this