Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
FluffHead

KR/WR Andre Roberts (Jets) to Bills

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

McKensie goes bye bye.

Who?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

 

Any team that is relying on their return man to win a game against last year's Bills, is not a team im proud of. 

 

I get that he could offer some great returns. So can other guys. Some people on Twitter are jumping up and down like we just signed Dante Hall back when he used to throw up the X. 

 

Good point, I'll have to go back and look at those numbers. 

Shortening the field for your young QB is always good.

 

Roberts is a Pro Bowl and All Pro caliber return man.

 

Why so serious?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stank_Nasty said:

Good job totally missing the point. What the hell, dude.

 

Regardless of the teams he showed the ability to sway the tide in more than one game. That’s an asset. 

 

 

Sure it's an asset. Did you miss where I acknowledged it as an upgrade or an improvement? I'm simply stating I don't think it's as much of a leg up as many ppl here seem to think it will bring this team. 

 

I hope I'm wrong. I just don't see myself watching the Bills winning football games next year because of this guy. 

 

Temper expectations 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, inkman said:

Who?

I mean McKittrick and write McKensie every time.  Brain cramp

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder how many of andre roberts punt returns ended in FG's... 
Special Teams Hidden Yardage is key for so many FG's and short field TD's
Another great get from the beanster! 😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, EmotionallyUnstable said:

 

Sure it's an asset. Did you miss where I acknowledged it as an upgrade or an improvement? I'm simply stating I don't think it's as much of a leg up as many ppl here seem to think it will bring this team. 

 

I hope I'm wrong. I just don't see myself watching the Bills winning football games next year because of this guy. 

 

Temper expectations 

Like I said. If it changes the tide in one or 2 it’s a great thing to have. That’s the difference between sitting at home at 7-9 or 8-8 or playing in mid January at 10-6 or 9-7. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

 

 

Good point, I'll have to go back and look at those numbers. 

 

Averaged 14.1 yards on 23 returns. Pretty good in my opinion. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, wppete said:

 

And this is missing a kick return he took the the house in an OT game vs GB. 

 

Dude can make a difference. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stank_Nasty said:

Like I said. If it changes the tide in one or 2 it’s a great thing to have. That’s the difference between sitting at home at 7-9 or 8-8 or playing in mid January at 10-6 or 9-7. 

 

 

 

You could make that argument, sure. 

 

But on the list of things that is potentially the reason the bills lost or won two games, it is near the bottom. There are many, many more important aspects of the game that could be difference makers in tight games. Could this be one? Sure. But the few additional yards that guy is getting us probably won't be the reason we make or miss the playoffs. 

 

I'm.not knocking the signing, as much as you might try to portray these comments in that narrative. All im highlighting is the thought that I don't think the excitement over this signing is as warranted as many people are making it to be.

 

The ST coach and surrounding cast are equally, if not more, important than who is carrying the rock. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

And this is missing a kick return he took the the house in an OT game vs GB. 

 

Dude can make a difference. 

 

This is another great signing from Bean. Hope he can also play and contribute some at WR. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

 

Averaged 14.1 yards on 23 returns. Pretty good in my opinion. 

 

Thanks. It's definitely a strong number. Unfortunately no other Jets returned punts last year so it's hard to have some perspective as to how much of his production was based on his talent vs. surrounding cast and scheme.

 

 The Bills' return men averaged between 5-8 yards per return on punt returns in 2018, regardless of who was carrying the ball. To me, it wasn't necessarily a lack of talent that was pinching those numbers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to think we’re done at WR unless Zay is shopped in a trade.  

 

Foster - Brown - Beasley - Zay 

 

Roberts 

 

Duke - McKenzie

 

We either keep 7 or McKenzie and Duke fight to the death for a roster spot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Logic said:

I think Roberts' addition makes the drafting of an early round WR pretty unlikely. 

Foster
Brown
Beasley
Jones
McKenzie
Williams
Roberts

That's already 1 more WR than the Bills can keep. Roberts is probably just about assured a roster spot due to his KR abilities. Bills rarely carry more than 6 WRs on a roster. So that leaves 5 spots. Just not sure where a draftee fits in UNLESS they plan on trading/releasing Zay Jones.

 

I think Duke Williams stays because he is the only "big" receiver and may carve out a niche as the red-zone-go-up-and-get-it guy.  I think McKenzie will be the odd man out and Ray Ray would be next on the chopping block. 

 

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I have to think we’re done at WR unless Zay is shopped in a trade.  

 

Foster - Brown - Beasley - Zay 

 

Roberts 

 

Duke - McKenzie

 

We either keep 7 or McKenzie and Duke fight to the death for a roster spot. 

 

There is a lot of good WR in the draft. I’m sure they will get one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...