TV Shows You Want Revived

10 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

With all of the 90s and early 2000s revivials we've had lately, what shows would you like to see revived, where it's realistically possible for a majority of the main cast to come back? 

I would not mind seeing Home Improvement come back but I do realize Tim Allen is doing other things.  The same with Ed O'Neill and Married With Children.  

Actually, in the spirit of mead107 I have a couple of 1960's shows I would not mind seeing brought back even though nearly all the cast has passed on.  The Wild Wild West would be one and they could occasionally have Robert Conrad appear as his older James West recounting a tale.  Also, since Adam West has already been pushed aside as the defining actor for Batman I would not mind seeing a live action Batman 1966 as a period piece such as what is done with comic books.  

2 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Would it not be sacrilege to reopen Mad Men?

Jon Hamm and John Slattery ain’t busy 

breasts McGee as well.  

A new current wire would be my top

priority though.  

Edited by Teddy KGB

2 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

Perhaps they could revive family shows with good parents, especially fathers...

Father Knows Best

My Three Sons

Leave it to Beaver

too boring

Don't count on it.  CBS has some pile of trash sitcom where the father is a corrupt cop.

1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

Calgon, take me away.  Seriously, I don't pull for the antagonist much at all but I did like Homer Bedloe played by the great Charles Lane.

4 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

I would not mind seeing Home Improvement come back but I do realize Tim Allen is doing other things.  The same with Ed O'Neill and Married With Children.  

Actually, in the spirit of mead107 I have a couple of 1960's shows I would not mind seeing brought back even though nearly all the cast has passed on.  The Wild Wild West would be one and they could occasionally have Robert Conrad appear as his older James West recounting a tale.  Also, since Adam West has already been pushed aside as the defining actor for Batman I would not mind seeing a live action Batman 1966 as a period piece such as what is done with comic books.  

There was talk of a Home Improvment revival before ABC canceled his current show (and it moved to Fox). They all seemed to be in favour of it, minus Wilson

52 minutes ago, Tierlifer said:

Quantum Leap

And I would love to see Freaks and Geeks get picked back up where it left off. 

Might be stuff convincing anyone  that they are still high schoolers.

5 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

There was talk of a Home Improvment revival before ABC canceled his current show (and it moved to Fox). They all seemed to be in favour of it, minus Wilson

Might be stuff convincing anyone  that they are still high schoolers.

Is Earl Hinman (Wilson) still around?  

Some of them could be parents and some just townsfolk.  Actors such as Seth Rogen might think that they have out grown the show which would be unfortunate.  They also need the actor who played the gym teacher who also was Biff in the Back to the Future movies.

48 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Is Earl Hinman (Wilson) still around?  

Some of them could be parents and some just townsfolk.  Actors such as Seth Rogen might think that they have out grown the show which would be unfortunate.  They also need the actor who played the gym teacher who also was Biff in the Back to the Future movies.

Wilson died a few years ago I believe. I think the one construction guy with the big beard also died recently too.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

All In the Family, and it has to be as non-pc as it was in the 70's during original airing.  Liberals heads will explode, which will be as funny as the show, itself.

With Edith and Archie both dead, I don't think this qualifies, given the OP's criteria.

If it were possible to be revived, I'm pretty sure the only people offended would be stupid people; not necessarily based on their political beliefs.  If you watched the original All in the Family, I think more conservatives' jaws dropped than liberals'.  But this isn't a political thread, so let's get back on topic, shall we?

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

With Edith and Archie both dead, I don't think this qualifies, given the OP's criteria.

If it were possible to be revived, I'm pretty sure the only people offended would be stupid people; not necessarily based on their political beliefs.  If you watched the original All in the Family, I think more conservatives' jaws dropped than liberals'.  But this isn't a political thread, so let's get back on topic, shall we?

Why not recast / reset it with Rob Reiner and Sally Struthers as the prime characters.

25 minutes ago, BuffaloBud said:

Why not recast / reset it with Rob Reiner and Sally Struthers as the prime characters.

I don't think Edith's chair could handle that.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

All In the Family, and it has to be as non-pc as it was in the 70's during original airing.  Liberals heads will explode, which will be as funny as the show, itself.

@Gugny is right. (Never thought I'd see the day where I typed that.) You do realize that the show's creator was extremely liberal, right? As was Carol O'Connor. I lean to the right, and still enjoy the show, but Archie was written as an unintelligent ####### on purpose. Carol O'Connor was so talented though that he was able to play him in a way that made him loveable. 

19 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

I thought I had seen something at some point recently where they were working on a Married with Children spinoff that would center around Bud.  I'm guessing it was one of those conversation starter things though that quickly fall apart before going anywhere.

As for Batman 66, they did an animated movie or two right before Adam West died that were in the spirit of that show.  Looking at the IMDB page, they had West, Ward, and Julie Newmar.  They also had William Shatner as Two-Face and he seems like a perfect fit for the feel of that show.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, shrader said:

I thought I had seen something at some point recently where they were working on a Married with Children spinoff that would center around Bud.  I'm guessing it was one of those conversation starter things though that quickly fall apart before going anywhere.

As for Batman 66, they did an animated movie or two right before Adam West died that were in the spirit of that show.  Looking at the IMDB page, they had West, Ward, and Julie Newmar.  They also had William Shatner as Two-Face and he seems like a perfect fit for the feel of that show.

The MWC spinoffs died with the notion of Ed O'Neill not wanting to do anymore MWC material and Katey not seeing the vision for her Peggy character.  O'Neill quipped once that he would play Al for five minutes of screen time only to show he was laying in a coffin and therefore dead.  Just not enough material to do the adventures of Bud Bundy.

Batman '66 I would like to see new material.  Hollywood has already told us that there are no sacred cows in terms of portrayals when it comes to Batman.  At its best the original 1960's Batman series provided good commentary on contemporary society such as with the Joker pop art episode or the Penguin running for mayor episodes.  Two ideas that were so strong that they were the ones to relaunch the franchise when Tim Burton was involved.  They also knew how to write for actors such as Frank Gorshin who was allowed to use his impressionist background in the "Death in Slow Motion/ The Riddler's False Notion" episodes.  Batman '66 could be done as an adult series much as a lot of the material was during the 1960's.