Sign Anthony Barr in FA

wppete

Anthony Barr is at the top of my list next week when Free Agency starts. He would be a perfect SLB. Move Lorenzo to DE. Barr can be used in many ways dropping in coverage or rushibgbthe passer. Hope it happens.

Edited by wppete
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

No thanks another prototype guy who doesn’t play up to his measurables. If I’m gonna spend big money on a defensive player I’d rather do it on Za’Darius Smith who’s gotten better every year and could easily be a LDE at 6’4 275

I’m curious about Barr.  My first thought was to sign him, but like many of you, I think I’m caught up in his name.  

I saw a FA list and he wasn’t even top 3 at his position.   

I’d be curious to hear from a Vikings fan about him and why they are willing to let him go. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thevikingage.com/2019/02/17/anthony-barr-minnesota-vikings/amp/

Edited by Virgil

Doesn't he struggle in coverage? Maybe my memory alludes me but I only see McD want OLBs that can hang with backs and TEs 

31 minutes ago, holla83 said:

Having Edmunds, Milano, and Barr as the starting LB crew would be pretty scary. Alexander could be moved around and used as a situational pass rusher 

How many times will be get caught up in preseason hype? Everyone looks good on paper in August. 

OH MY GOOD WATKINS WOODS HARVIN MCCOY CLAY WE ARE UNSTOPPABLE 

We've been down this road before allowing ourselves to over-value our roster 

• Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I’m curious about Barr.  My first thought was to sign him, but like many of you, I think I’m caught up in his name.  

I saw a FA list and he wasn’t even top 3 at his position.   

I’d be curious to hear from a Vikings fan about him and why they are willing to let him go. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thevikingage.com/2019/02/17/anthony-barr-minnesota-vikings/amp/

Heres a good opinion piece:

https://vikingsterritory.com/2019/opinion/lets-settle-the-anthony-barr-debate#

Sorry I don't know how to do the fancy linky stuff with the picture. I think Barr is soft. Realistically though, I think he wants to be a 3-4 OLB and wants to be on the west coast. My best guess is he goes to Arizona. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 2

What is his snap count going to be with the Bills ?

Lots of nickel being run under current scheme with Taron Johnson’s time..

I endorse another LB but was thinking of a cheaper option like them developing a Day 3 pick... see if lightning can strike twice .. (Milano)

• Like (+1) 3

I've been calling for this for awhile now. I think he would be a great pickup. I think we are thin at linebacker. Lorenzo Alexander is best used as a situational pass rusher.

I’m not sure if they go after Barr. Barr would have been the logical FA replacement if Alexander had retired. I’m not sure if the money lines up with need now. That said, the combination of Barr and Edmunds could really change the timing and depth of routes while providing versatility with blitzes.