Brady says there is a “zero” percent chance he will retire after the SB, regardless of outcome

YoloinOhio

So sick and tired of him and BB, You are the GOATS now f'off!! retire on top!

At the same time I also sick of the naïve Bills fans who for years have been wishfully thinking that "if Brady wins just 1 more SB he will retire". Sorry You had to know that Brady was never going to walk away at 35 or even at 40. The guy is better than everybody else currently QB in this league with very little drop off from his early 30s peak. He tries to market that low key personality but in reality he has a huge ego (fed by his continuous success). He is also greedy for more success and knows he can achieve it. Unless he gets injured he will play for them for another 5 years! Just part of our never ending nightmare in the AFC east. 

I just wish the Bills (coaches and team)  instead of conceding the 2 games against him every year and playing scared, would actually do some homework for a change on what beats Brady and play with some balls against the Pats instead of this wimpy submissive garbage  of the past 2 decades!!

2 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Are you sure about that? How many former HOF QBs are walking around with walkers? Kelly, Marino, Elway, Aikman all seem to be doing just fine and they were from an era before QBs were protected. Bradshaw can still move pretty good and he is much older and took some big hits.

I doubt Brady is going to worry much about aging poorly due to his football career.

those you mentioned walked away while relatively healthy.   Brady (like Marino) has to wear a knee brace(s)

Marino retired after 20 seasons at * 39 

** His release was so fast no one could get near him, and the one time he did get hurt was a non contact tear when he planted his foot wrong. 

Hell Marino owns the NFL record for consecutive games and consecutive passes (759) without a sack, and no other quarterback before or since has ever even been in the same ballpark.

Elway retired after 16 seasons 

Kelly retired after 11  * (late NFL start)

Those extra years of playing will accumulate and wreak havock   The body wears down and all the avocado smoothies won't stop Father Time..

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Bills2ref said:

?‍♂️ Just win this final super bowl And be done with it. There is zero left to play for. 

Exactly,  if you win this game just retire for Gods sake. It's exhausting following him anymore.  The team has officially run out of storylines. And stop with the overblown "we're the underdogs " c rap. You've been pretty much favored in every game since 2002. Just go away, you're annoying. Your team is annoying.  Your coach is annoying.  Your owner is annoying.  Your fans are a bunch of whiny entitled babies. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Exactly,  if you win this game just retire for Gods sake. It's exhausting following him anymore.  The team has officially run out of storylines. And stop with the overblown "we're the underdogs " c rap. You've been pretty much favored in every game since 2002. Just go away, you're annoying. Your team is annoying.  Your coach is annoying.  Your owner is annoying.  Your fans are a bunch of whiny entitled babies. 

Wasn't there one game this year that was the first time in years they were not favored going in?

1 hour ago, teef said:

i appreciate all of those that want the bills to beat brady as he ages, but we know exactly what will happen.  if the bills start beating brady, we'll hear certain fans complaining that we weren't able to beat brady while on top, that it's not as special, blah blah blah. 

hell, the bills made the playoffs two years ago and it still didn't count for some people.  

Yeah that will happen and to some degree, that is already true...if they start beating Brady in the coming years, he will retire and that will be the excuse.   I will just settle for Brady and the pats dominance going away any means necessary.  Whether they all retire, another team decides to beat them, they get a virus, whatever.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

those you mentioned walked away while relatively healthy.   Brady (like Marino) has to wear a knee brace(s)

Marino retired after 20 seasons at * 39 

** His release was so fast no one could get near him, and the one time he did get hurt was a non contact tear when he planted his foot wrong. 

Hell Marino owns the NFL record for consecutive games and consecutive passes (759) without a sack, and no other quarterback before or since has ever even been in the same ballpark.

Elway retired after 16 seasons 

Kelly retired after 11  * (late NFL start)

Those extra years of playing will accumulate and wreak havock   The body wears down and all the avocado smoothies won't stop Father Time..

Or they wont wreak havoc on him and he will be fine because he hasnt taken a beating like guys at other positions. Those were just a couple of examples of players walking away pretty healthy that didnt play in the protected QB era. Name one QB that walked away from the game and is using a Walker to get around at a younger age then they normally would be using a Walker....

2 minutes ago, mattynh said:

Yeah that will happen and to some degree, that is already true...if they start beating Brady in the coming years, he will retire and that will be the excuse.   I will just settle for Brady and the pats dominance going away any means necessary.  Whether they all retire, another team decides to beat them, they get a virus, whatever.

I’m 1000% with you on this. 

1 hour ago, May Day 10 said:

The goal is to out-last Belichick and prove that it was all/mostly Brady.  

IMO, the Pats suffer and fall back to the planet if/when Belichick leaves.  

I know he wasnt a huge factor this season, but Gronk retiring will have a big effect on the offense.  Teams are going to be able to sell out for the run better.

Gronk has been a huge factor in the running game. That’s why he’s so beat up.

He blocks like a super athletic o linemen and also catches contested balls against elite coverage players. 

Its taken it’s toll but his versatility is incredible and helps explain why they run like an 80s team when they choose to. 

2 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Then ALWAYS play by the rules, no? He's still the GOAT, but man, if I were him I'd be ticked that there is even the hint that some of my success was, shall we say, aided and abetted? 

Im with you. I’m just saying money clearly isn’t what drives him. He wants to win everything, beat everyone, own every record.  Whatever he’s already done- he’s still hungry 

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

I saw the interview and while I think he meant what he said, I also think he is one injury away from calling it quits.  Still, I hope the Bills find a way to beat them three times next year.

Yep, "it's still fun while I'm winning".

We need to do are part to convince him it's time to go. Although I am in the camp that he is not the GOAT and that NE* will be in the hunt for the division as long as BB is there. BB has done it with a variety of QB's so the challenge will be there for as long as he is. Brady is just a master of the system, on any other team he wouldn't be much.